Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Um, or ~ 2.0-2.2 sec 0-60mph without the rollout on the street (which btw, all drag strips use the rollout when you're timed & pretty much all other auto mfgrs & car mags use as well to calculate 0-60mph times) AND 1/4 mi. in 9.2-9.3 sec. @ 152-154mph for the Plaid.

So, again, whether it's 1 full sec quicker to 60mph or 2 sec quicker in the 1/4 mi. trapping ~ 25mph faster...which typically translates into about 18-20 car-lengths, lol!!! :oops: So, please understand that's more than just "walking" a car; that's NOT even a "race" at that point! 😜 While BOTH the MS LR & Plaid are super quick, the Plaid really is in an entirely different league! Just sayin'. 😎
I would hope so with a $50k price difference. However, while I appreciate that is a huge time difference - 1 or 2 seconds, I would have to take a hard pass at paying an extra $50k "just" for that. 0-60 in 3.1 is already faster then 99.999% of the time that you would ever need - on the street.

I would hope so with a $50k price difference. However, while I appreciate that is a huge time difference - 1 or 2 seconds, I would have to take a hard pass at paying an extra $50k "just" for that. 0-60 in 3.1 is already faster then 99.999% of the time that you would ever need - on the street.
Which is why I am a fence sitter at this point. I'll wait for the inevitable YT videos "LR vs Plaid!" for the 0-60, 60 - 120 and 1/4 times as well as handling and cornering between the two trim levels. I also want CF trim and perhaps if I get lucky there will be a regular steering wheel option from Tesla or a third party by the time I would receive my car.

Me bored on a plane is really a force to be reckoned with. I will bet @2021plaid's hat again that the Plaid that burned was wrecked on the passenger side before "spontaneously combusting". (if you click the tweet I posted a cpl more things as replies)

Just went and viewed that whole thread and...... yeah there's something very suspicious about these circumstances. :)

Last edited:
I don't know, I think very high 10s a Plaid is in my future.

I'm going to guess here and based on the 0-60, i'm thinking 11.4 or 11.5 for 1/4 for LR. Total guess. I'd be pleasantly surprised if it hit 10's.

What if it's 10.95? still LR?
My bet is the LR will be like my M5 comp, perhaps slightly faster, 1/4 mile 11 secs, possibly as low as 10.3

Sure, as I've said before, it depends on what you're coming from, what you're used to driving, and what your priorities are. One of my last cars I drove which I sold a while ago ran 0-60mph in 2.7 sec / 1/4 mi. in 10.2 sec @ 136mph. And my last vehicle I drove was a Jag I-Pace EV which wasn't nearly as fast (0-60mph in 4.5 sec / 1/4 mi. in "I have no idea" lol), so for me, it was the Plaid or nothing...wanted an everyday car which just happens to walk ALL other sports cars including ALL Ferrari's, McLarens, Lambos, AMGs, Porsches, etc, haha. 😜

Me bored on a plane is really a force to be reckoned with. I will bet @2021plaid's hat again that the Plaid that burned was wrecked on the passenger side before "spontaneously combusting". (if you click the tweet I posted a cpl more things as replies)

I wish Tesla would come out with some sort of statement on this ASAP, before they halt production & deliveries (or maybe they should so they can quickly fix any possible safety issue?!?!?)

I wish Tesla would come out with some sort of statement on this ASAP, before they halt production & deliveries (or maybe they should so they can quickly fix any possible safety issue?!?!?)
I wish they were better at communicating, period, but I'm pretty sure the fix for this particular issue will be "don't wreck your car".

My bet is the LR will be like my M5 comp, perhaps slightly faster, 1/4 mile 11 secs, possibly as low as 10.3
I don't think it will run 10.3 sec @ 132+mph 1/4 mi. If it holds the (670HP) power and does 0-60mph in 3.0-3.2 sec, then likely 1/4 mi. in upper 10's to low 11's @ 125-130mph or so. I could be wrong but based on what I know and experienced.

It is super sunny out, so I took the opportunity to take some more photos of my LR in daylight. Regarding the contrast stitching, that was just my flash that highlighted the stitching yesterday - the actual stitching is very similar in color to the white so it does not really pop out. Here are some more photos:

View attachment 680408View attachment 680409View attachment 680410View attachment 680411View attachment 680412
You’re not supposed to use white-out on monitors. Type writer paper only!!!

Today is supposedly my last day the trade-in is valid. I see the trade-in credit still there, but i do not see an expiration of 7/1/2021 anymore.

Kinda weird. I guess I'll find out tomorrow if it truly expires.

It's a P3D Stealth. I have a feeling I can sell it for a lot more (if the plaid ever arrives) privately.

1625180881622.png

FWIW, I was one of the people who placed a second order (to see which one would arrive first) for a White Plaid with Black Wood Interior and 21" Arachnids. It is slated to arrive in San Diego this weekend but I will be refusing delivery of that car, given that I have my current one. I am not 100% sure how they do the allocations of refused vehicles given that fact that it is no longer EOQ, but I just wanted to post this here.

How does that area on the door feel? If it is tacky or greasy, it should be fine. If if feels rough, might be some paint damage and have a chat with Tesla before anyone else touches the car.
My detail shop says they are pretty coarse sanding scratches. He thinks he might be able to compound them out, but I reported it to Tesla.

Other cosmetic issues
We also found trim misalignment on the drivers door, drivers door handle with uneven spacing, some fairly deep scratches on drivers door and a fisheye defect in the paint on the rear hatch. He said a body shop would do more damage attempting a repair, and the factory paint with the fisheye is better than trying to fix it.

If anymore in San Diego is looking for top notch detailing, ceramic coating, tinting etc. I have an amazing shop. Here are some pictures of the defects they found.

3E1E73A7-E5CF-41EF-9C0F-93D505A54F4C.jpeg
3F8721CB-56B4-4C52-9BAF-3F077CF2DB34.jpeg
9070B0DB-C162-418E-B5C5-0CA55AAADC15.jpeg
42AC5CC3-10A0-4C60-A4D5-9B89C91554C0.jpeg
0E3497E4-27EC-4BC1-A741-A493EDE80C64.jpeg
7CF26760-B794-495D-962E-828B04839E68.jpeg

Last edited:

My guess, given the prop rod on the hood, is that the fire department pried it open to access the cut loop and to get better access to spray water on the top of the battery.

Today is supposedly my last day the trade-in is valid. I see the trade-in credit still there, but i do not see an expiration of 7/1/2021 anymore.

Kinda weird. I guess I'll find out tomorrow if it truly expires.

It's a P3D Stealth. I have a feeling I can sell it for a lot more (if the plaid ever arrives) privately.

View attachment 680446
Please keep us posted. I’m in the same boat with a M3 performance stealth.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I don't think it will run 10.3 sec @ 132+mph 1/4 mi. If it holds the (670HP) power and does 0-60mph in 3.0-3.2 sec, then likely 1/4 mi. in upper 10's to low 11's @ 125-130mph or so. I could be wrong but based on what I know and experienced.
The car should high 10s in the 1/4 with about 125mph. for sure not going to go 130+. 10.3 is a Lot to ask out of if it. Specially when the p100d wasn’t doing that with over 700hp. It will be around 10.7-10.9 and should realiably hit 11.0-11.1. M3P can do a best of 11.4ish with lighter wheels and 18s. With rollout and without rollout can make a difference as to hard it will be to actually hit the advertising time. If it could hit 60 in 3seconds or 2.8-2.9, and holds that power all the way thru, then we might see it dip a little further but I wouldn’t hold my breathe for anything past what I said above. Which in reality, is badass for the LR model of the S. And if it is really repeatable, like they state both plaid and LR can and will do, this will be a great option for MOST. Not all, but many will be happy with it.

Last edited:
Please keep us posted. I’m in the same boat with a M3 performance stealth.
They will contact you a few days after and then ask for more photos (sometimes) and then reevaluate the trade based on the updated miles and the market. Then they ask you to accept the new offer. In my experience it drops normally or stays the same. But just be ready for a different offer.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Um, or ~ 2.0-2.2 sec 0-60mph without the rollout on the street (which btw, all drag strips use the rollout when you're timed & pretty much all other auto mfgrs & car mags use as well to calculate 0-60mph times) AND 1/4 mi. in 9.2-9.3 sec. @ 152-154mph for the Plaid.

So, again, whether it's 1 full sec quicker to 60mph or 2 sec quicker in the 1/4 mi. trapping ~ 25mph faster...which typically translates into about 18-20 car-lengths, lol!!! :oops: So, please understand that's more than just "walking" a car; that's NOT even a "race" at that point! 😜 While BOTH the MS LR & PLAID are super quick, the Plaid really is in an entirely different league! Just sayin'. 😎
Couldn’t agree more. Its a different ball game guys don’t compare the 0-60. Top end power is what differentiates the rookies and all stars. 😎