Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure why I would make that up. I am fairly light skinned as well. I am also in SoCal on PCH. The sun is pretty much directly above and intense. I doubt this would happen all the time.

Greg
I have a 2020 Model S and I don’t feel any heat thru the glass roof(and we just went thru more 100+ days up here ever). Have they changed the glass for the top? I am also fair(Woody Allen fair: “I don’t tan, I stroke”. Gotten sun burned often in cars but only with the side windows down. Anyone coming from the previous Model S to the new one? Can you comment it the glass roof seems different?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Apologies for any repeats. I've been just catching up and grabbing comments that I wanted to reply to.....

Just got the Plaid badge replica from that Etsy shop. Looks cool. Great for sticking somewhere in the house. Definitely not going anywhere near the actual car lol.

I think these are great for the original 6/10 deliveries, but I'm a de-badging guy, and nope, no way going on my baby's rear end. I might order one to add to all my other Tesla paraphilia (every scale model, Tequila, umbrellas, hats, shirts, jackets, etc )

The glass roof lets in a lot of light and heat. My poor bald head is burned from about an hours worth of driving. I wonder if I could tint this darker??

I'm going ceramic. Should cut down on the heat transmission.

Does anybody know if the new S has upgraded matrix headlights? I know the previous S headlights were less than stellar.

Nope. I asked Franz this directly on 6/10.

For those of us that ordered the last gen car and they cancelled that model. Our prices increased by $10k so they gave us a $2k discount if we converted our orders to the refresh.

I think there are currently 3 different 'discount' scenarios based on orders.
  1. 2k for those who ordered FSD when it was 8k. Not sure if this is only for Plaid + orders that converted to Plaid or LR.
  2. 10k discount (hold to original Plaid pricing). This is only for Plaid + orders that converted to Plaid.
  3. 2k discount for those that ordered pre=Palladium announcement as price went up 10k. This is the one quoted above.
First 2 applied to me.

An owner from the same area as me posted that SA called him asking him to switch his wheels to 21s if he wants it in the next few weeks otherwise 19s are delayed to August/September. What a load of *sugar*. Why the **** I never got a call? Are they calling people who have black interior so they can get those orders out of the way or what? This is ****ing ridiculous. I'm getting tired of this *sugar*. My SA wouldn't let me upgrade without a change in price and here someone else is getting a call to get their car earlier. Why this difference of treatment. Please don't tell me once you get your car it'll be worth it. It doesn't ****ing matter. People have a timeline and are putting a lot of things on a hold only for this bitch ass company to *sugar* on them. **** this *sugar*

Good deal, think that’s a good sign we will receive this month if we both ordered in Sept.…My RN is 11395XXXX
Let’s hope man! Tired of refreshing this page…

Attachments

• EC2FB463-0E23-424B-BB78-C06A32496CD2.jpeg
    EC2FB463-0E23-424B-BB78-C06A32496CD2.jpeg
    216 KB · Views: 70
I have a 2020 Model S and I don’t feel any heat thru the glass roof(and we just went thru more 100+ days up here ever). Have they changed the glass for the top? I am also fair(Woody Allen fair: “I don’t tan, I stroke”. Gotten sun burned often in cars but only with the side windows down. Anyone coming from the previous Model S to the new one? Can you comment it the glass roof seems different?
I have an April 2020 Model Y and have driven it in the SW and the SE and it really blocks visible light and UV and IR as far as my experience goes.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
An owner from the same area as me posted that SA called him asking him to switch his wheels to 21s if he wants it in the next few weeks otherwise 19s are delayed to August/September. What a load of *sugar*. Why the **** I never got a call? Are they calling people who have black interior so they can get those orders out of the way or what? This is ****ing ridiculous. I'm getting tired of this *sugar*. My SA wouldn't let me upgrade without a change in price and here someone else is getting a call to get their car earlier. Why this difference of treatment. Please don't tell me once you get your car it'll be worth it. It doesn't ****ing matter. People have a timeline and are putting a lot of things on a hold only for this bitch ass company to *sugar* on them. **** this *sugar*
I like how you censored everything except bitch ass. 😂

I honestly don't see how anyone could tolerate this process if they need a vehicle. If I was buying this as my only car, I would have bowed out months ago.

Not sure why I would make that up. I am fairly light skinned as well. I am also in SoCal on PCH. The sun is pretty much directly above and intense. I doubt this would happen all the time.

Greg
I get burned through various cars. My sun sensor lenses also change in the car, so UV or whatever can get through

Last edited:
Many people waiting for a lot longer than 6 weeks dude…try 6+ months! Not saying the delivery process makes any sense nor is Tesla right for doing it the way they do, but you did just order at the end of May. I know you’ve heard this before, but I think you forgot about that little detail.

BTW - everyone here who had to wait for many weeks and months are just as angry as you, but our posts are not “F-k this $h!t” x 10, lol. 😜 As others have said before, you can just cancel your order so the next customer can move up the line (or sideways or whichever way Tesla does it in their haphazard manufacture & delivery process).

You ordered about five weeks ago. No sympathy.

The process will get worse for you until delivery. I say you might be best to dump this and go to another brand. My experience was far worse than yours. Once you get your car it'll be worth it.