Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As a rule of thumb with me, if I ever hear any information from anyone other than my inside contact, it goes in one ear and out the other. SAs don’t know anything concrete and even if they did, they have 0 credibility. Not to say anything bad about them, it’s just something needs to change corporate side in terms of communication.

My dates were quoted to be as being internal dates and nothing any SA would be able to see on their end.
Thanks for the info @sam3194! This gives the rest of us 19” wheel ordering folks some hope to look forward to.

Booked appointments for wint tint and ppf. There was a bit of interest regarding pricing so i will post here.
Tint- all windows including windshield-$675
3M ceramic IR

PPF + paint correction: $2500
Suntek for PPF
Full hood, bumper, fenders, door edges.
I saw one comment but have not seen a discussion. Is anyone tinting the glass roof? I saw someone comment on the heat through the roof on his head and I get that sometimes through my current MS sunroof. Assuming the fixed glass roof has even less insulation than the sunroof's glass.

I saw one comment but have not seen a discussion. Is anyone tinting the glass roof? I saw someone comment on the heat through the roof on his head and I get that sometimes through my current MS sunroof. Assuming the fixed glass roof has even less insulation than the sunroof's glass.
I did feel the heat coming through the glass roof. You can feel it but its not that bad in norcal weather.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
You know, I never really gave it any thought. It says XYZ of rated range at a particular charge level and you always get xyz depending upon wind, rain, temp and the like. You just get to know your car inclusive of the rims and tires and thus get a feel for range.
On some newer models, such as the 2020 or 2021 Model 3, you can select a different wheel size in the settings and it actually makes a difference in the displayed rated range, which corresponds to the EPA rating. For example, at 100% SoC it would show 299 miles when selecting 20” wheels, but 325 when selecting 18” wheels.

They might do that in the refreshed S/X, but the software might not be updated for it yet. I think I remember Omar’s car showing 390 miles at 100% despite having 21” wheels from the factory.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Interesting, I just checked my account and got this error message (not sure if that means they’re updating things on the backend? one can dream..)

Anyone else getting this message?

12ABA000-A5FE-4277-867E-29066353AC38.jpeg

Dont ya'll know... At tesla, production, test and dev are the same thing :) what do they call it? Agile !
Interesting, I just checked my account and got this error message (not sure if that means they’re updating things on the backend? one can dream..)

Anyone else getting this message?
From experience, this generally only means there is an IT issue... Sorry

This is interesting. I did the same yesterday and my page still shows no EDD (as always). Fingers crossed, but it makes me believe that changes like this don't actually send you to the back of the queue like my SA indicated. Or if it is true, that the queue for the cars with Arachnids is just so short it doesn't really matter.

Hope you get your VIN soon.
How was you able to keep your same pricing I’ve talked to so many different people at Tesla and they all told me if I upgrade my wheels my price will be updated to the new pricing as well