Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered in April aiming for a September delivery so I am still on schedule. That being said, if I don't get it by November, I will probably cancel and wait till they update features again.
Hmmmmmm
2015 P90DL
Incremental improvements until mid 2021
Complete refresh in 2021
Your going to way for "update features again"
That may be awhile but you seem like a patient person :)

Competition is good. This will also mean that Tesla will be forced to keep innovating as well...so our Plaids (or Roadster) will be that much faster.
Yeah for sure. I see the Plaid+ coming out in a year or so when batteries are ready just so he can reclaim the quickest production car from Rimac once their cars are out.

What would be even better would be a power boost in a few months to all Plaid owners! But I don’t think the Plaid has what it takes to beat the Rimac Nevara in acceleration. Plaid+ or Roadster will take care of it.

On another note, Bugatti just partnered with Rimac. I bet they also saw the writing on the wall. When your 1500hp multi-millions $ car gets beaten by a family sedan, it's time to evolve or die.

It's good news for Rimac, he just secured the financial future of Rimac Automobili. He will also provide engineering solution for Porsche and Hyundai. Brilliant move.

The future is clearly electric. The Plaid just made every (production) ICE car obsolete. Bugatti is not gonna stand still watching its Chiron demolished by a 130k$ family car.

Tesla S Plaid, the car that killed the (ICE) Supercars.
I agree with everything you said. However this is still a big world with people who don’t want EVs. People with a fortune to spend, who’s fortunes are actually tied to the survival of ICE vehicles. People who think Tesla’s are toys, lacking passion or spirit.

Bugatti had its third largest (in terms of volume) sales year ever in 2020 even though sales were technically down 35%+. I just think we might be underestimating WHY people were drawn to the Bugatti in the first place…it was always top speed, not 0-60 or 1/4.

All that said, eventually everything will be electric, I just think there’s a segment of our population that will always buy ICE hyper cars as long as they’re still made and nothing Tesla does will change that.

Last edited:
I had this same damn dream! Thought I received a flurry of three emails from Tesla with VIN assignment, final payment, and schedule delivery. I even started posting on this thread before waking back up to “July” 😢

I can relate to this, except it happened for real.
On the morning of June 28th, I woke up to see pics of a black MS and was so smitten
that i canceled a meeting at 1 pm and drove to a tesla showroom, changed from blue to black and upgraded wheels while i was at it.
I got a Vin on the same day at 9 pm and on 30th, got that call asking me to expect delivery before midnight.
Casually walked to my driveway after dinner and 🥃 and there she was! It was so surreal that i had to pinch myself.

Yeah for sure. I see the Plaid+ coming out in a year or so when batteries are ready just so he can reclaim the quickest production car from Rimac once their cars are out.

What would be even better would be a power boost in a few months to all Plaid owners! But I don’t think the Plaid has what it takes to beat the Rimac Nevara in acceleration. Plaid+ or Roadster will take care of it.

Sounds like the the new motors can handle 1200 hp, so I expect us to be able to get to that level. Now, is it the Plaid+ or a software update to the Plaid that does it...not sure.

One thing I heard the lead engineer from Tesla whisper at the reveal when dragtimes asked about the Plaid+, he indicated that the Plaid was basically the Plaid+. Not sure exactly what that means but it sure does have me wondering. As @omarsultan has pointed out the designation 18650 or 4680 is tied to a form factor. So makes me wonder if the chemistry of the current Plaid battery gets us there?

Last edited:
Hmmmmmm
2015 P90DL
Incremental improvements until mid 2021
Complete refresh in 2021
Your going to way for "update features again"
That may be awhile but you seem like a patient person :)

Very good point on the incremental improvements. The Plaid is just a massive jump in performance it makes you wonder if it is possible to have another massive jump anytime soon. Exciting times we live in!

One thing I heard the lead engineer from Tesla whisper at the reveal when dragtimes asked about the Plaid+, he indicated that the Plaid was basically the Plaid+. Not sure exactly what that means but it sure does have me wondering. As @omarsultan has pointed out the designation 18650 or 4680 is tied to a form factor. So makes me wonder if the chemistry of the new battery gets us there.
While the slightly higher performance was nice, I think what most of us with Plaid+ orders really wanted was that range bump. Here's hoping they might be able to unlock more range after they have enough data or something, but I'm not holding my breath.

I agree with everything you said. However this is still a big world with people who don’t want EVs. People with a fortune to spend, who’s fortunes are actually tied to the survival of ICE vehicles. People who think Tesla’s are toys, lacking passion or spirit.

Bugatti had its third largest (in terms of volume) sales year ever in 2020 even though sales were technically down 35%+. I just think we might be underestimating WHY people were drawn to the Bugatti in the first place…it was always top speed, not 0-60 or 1/4.

All that said, eventually everything will be electric, I just think there’s a segment of our population that will always buy ICE hyper cars as long as they’re still made and nothing Tesla does will change that.
Too be honest…Teslas do lack spirit. But you cannot argue with the numbers. I’m a big fast sports car guy and I like the revving of the engine and shifting, feeling the corners and turn in. Getting into some oversteer and pulling a g while trying to fly around a corner in an analog car. In some ways my m3p and now my Plaid has ruined me for ICE sports cars and it is kind of sad. But hey…evolution is key and if it keeps my from my addiction of buying the newest fastest car I can afford than great. Plus l, it is very fun in a much different way. Now if I can keep from going to jail… ;)

I don’t know what motivates someone to buy a 3m$ car. I think some of it is just to show off to his friends as most of these cars barely get driven at all. Top speed for sure, bragging rights are super important.

But imagine young billionaire dude gets his Chiron out for a ride with young Victoria Secret super model and gets beaten off a stop light by a middle age dude with his whole family in the car. Top model laughs all the way to the mansion at how the kids were waving goodbye from the back window….

When Bugatti are beaten by the latest McLaren it doesn’t bruise the ego that much, but a family sedan?

I don’t know what motivates someone to buy a 3m$ car. I think some of it is just to show off to his friends as most of these cars barely get driven at all. Top speed for sure, bragging rights are super important.

But imagine young billionaire dude gets his Chiron out for a ride with young Victoria Secret super model and gets beaten off a stop light by a middle age dude with his whole family in the car. Top model laughs all the way to the mansion at how the kids were waving goodbye from the back window….

When Bugatti are beaten by the latest McLaren it doesn’t bruise the ego that much, but a family sedan?

This would make a great commercial...... 🤣

Why do people buy expensive watches? It looks good, and it's the owning it that's the thing.

Doesn’t make any sense to me, that’s for sure. For that money I’d buy a Roadster, buy some TSLA, etc!! 😉

It's all perspective. The guy making $60k a year wonders what motivates someone to buy a $130k car. You do it because you can.

Funny - I am 1136 too and never have had an estimated delivery. LR White/Black with 19’s. Tempted to change to MSM. Feels like my order is not even in their system.
I often feel the same way, like it fell through somewhere and I have this cool order page but no one else has any of my info, just keeping my $100 interest free lol

Exactly! I financed the full amount, because the local credit union is offering 1.99 for 66
Months. The entire financing cost will have been @ $7000 at the end of that rather long term. Meanwhile money remains invested and this is the way.
San Francisco Federal Credit Union is running a special whereby they’re offering an extra percentage point off for loans on electric vehicles. This means that their already-low rate of 2.24% over 48 months is now 1.24%. No prepayment penalty or other crazy fees. Only catch is, you have to live or work in San Francisco. Gotta love living in progressive cities :)

Last edited:
Exactly! I financed the full amount, because the local credit union is offering 1.99 for 66
Months. The entire financing cost will have been @ $7000 at the end of that rather long term. Meanwhile money remains invested and this is the way.
Good point. I’d rather put that towards my mortgage as extra principal and pay off house way faster.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid