Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone, just placed an order for a LR this weekend. I’ve been really wanting a Tesla since they came out but just never pulled the trigger on one (I don’t let myself have nice things usually 😆) I actually wanted a model 3 performance but my business requires me to have to cart around large packages often so a model s it is (don’t like the model y)

Something I noticed in my order receipt is that the options I chose were listed with “yoke steering” since this was the options list I am guessing that implies that eventually you will be able to choose it as an option. Just an observation I thought I would share.

Attachments

• DBD0BE82-013B-453F-B0D8-8B59569DD532.png
    DBD0BE82-013B-453F-B0D8-8B59569DD532.png
    256.2 KB · Views: 64
Hey everyone, just placed an order for a LR this weekend. I’ve been really wanting a Tesla since they came out but just never pulled the trigger on one (I don’t let myself have nice things usually 😆) I actually wanted a model 3 performance but my business requires me to have to cart around large packages often so a model s it is (don’t like the model y)

Something I noticed in my order receipt is that the options I chose were listed with “yoke steering” since this was the options list I am guessing that implies that eventually you will be able to choose it as an option. Just an observation I thought I would share.
Welcome to thread! :)

Fair enough, let me know when you’ve decided. Not sure about the sales tax. Happy to give you what you paid.
I have sold my Plaid. During the brief period of time that I was a Plaid owner, I very much missed coming here eight times an hour to check on how my misery compared to everyone else’s. I now get to return to the forum and re-join the misery of waiting for my model X! But, I will do it over here, as you all are much more fun than the X crowd.

According to the listed miles on Tesla website, Plaid is supposed to give 348 miles at 100% charge and at 90% charge you're supposed to be getting around 318 miles. If it was showing 348 at 90% charge before then it must be the result of poor calibration in the previous software as Omarsultan already mentioned that after the and after using the car for a few weeks the battery mileage is now more accurate. You should not expect more than 348 miles

Yep, it shows Yoke Steering as an option but there’s no way to select a standard steering wheel. Yet. Who knows if that will be an option by the time your car is ready.

For those of you curious about the headlight performance, I found this video. It appears they have improved the beams but they still don't have the side illumination and crisp cutoff of the new Model 3 or Y headlights.
KITT alert! Seeing the yoke self-steering with Smart Summon really invokes that KITT feeling in me.
Now I'm wondering if Elon pushed the yoke so hard because he wants a new meme now that he's maxed out the Spaceballs reference. There's got to be a ton of cool and geeky stuff in that franchise to exploit. For example, did you know the evil twin of KITT is called KARR? IDK, there could be a good UI refresh in there too.

Welcome.
Now for the bad news…we have no idea about the yoke. Although it seems Tesla likes to list certain things as “options” as if they’re gifting you something.

Probably just psychological manipulation to make you think the yoke is a good idea. Trust me, move past it and you’ll keep your hair. 😂🤣

Seriously though, welcome to our little insane asylum.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I have sold my Plaid. During the brief period of time that I was a Plaid owner, I very much missed coming here eight times an hour to check on how my misery compared to everyone else’s. I now get to return to the forum and re-join the misery of waiting for my model X! But, I will do it over here, as you all are much more fun than the X crowd.
I don't even know what to do with this comment. Lol.

Welcome to the madness!!

I recall Omar having a similar experience with inconsistent PRND over-rides and commenting along the lines of “it’s not ready for prime-time yet”.

Add it to the growing list of items that will need to be fixed via OTA.
Yeah the gear selection was a little squishy. To manually bring up the console shifter, press both thumbwheels for about 3 sec or so--it takes a bit of finesse--too short and it doesn't take and too long and you reboot the car. :)

I am not dismissing that the manual gear buttons should work, but honestly the controls for managing gears with less intervention have been working pretty well for me. I thought it would be a big adjustment but it is quickly becoming second nature.
This.

Other then playing with it on the first day, have not messed with the buttons--the screen shifter is my go-to.

Yep, it shows Yoke Steering as an option but there’s no way to select a standard steering wheel. Yet. Who knows if that will be an option by the time your car is ready.
I have a theory on this--they made the yoke an explicit line item so folks could not complain post-delivery about not realizing they were getting a yoke. Kinda doing something similar with the non-radar cars they are delivering nw.

Well, I am on another MS delivery thread and thought I'd throw my $.02 onto this thread so I can get updates/gripes/groans/bitches and kudos from my fellow "waitees" and Tesladdicts. I have started ONLY checking my account about 3-73 times per day, down from the previous 100-187 times per day, so I am slowly weaning myself off the "drug" and have resigned myself to the notion that when my car shows up, I will go to Dallas and get it. And until then, I shall wait amongst my friends on here!!
2021 MS LR - 19" Blk Whls - Black/Black - FSD - 2/3/21 - #11445...