Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well in the case of Tesla, Elon has stated that you want the first cars off the line or after they're done ramping. During ramp is where the issues occur...so of the current Plaid's in existence...some of those sitting waiting for 'whatever' is needed to deliver them...would be in that first off the line group. So having an earlier build date may be beneficial in this situation.
Some of the flyovers show one off cars near the test track, etc. on ramps, white sheets or something, or otherwise being worked on, some multiples with trunk and/or trunk open, etc. - any speculation on these? Fitment? Replacing parts outdoors under a hot Fremont sun? Does not look to be at scale for those…

I got a VIN, I got a VIN, I got a VIN, hey hey hey hey!

Got an email late last night to review the approved loan offer (which had already been reviewed/approved maybe a month ago). I was shocked to see the VIN on the page with an updated estimated delivery date of July 29 - Aug 1! Some history: For the longest time my estimated date was June, then July, then Blank for like a month, then a week ago it changed to specific July-Aug dates that started the +1 day shuffle. Yesterday it was July 28 - Aug 5 and then last night it was updated to July 29 - Aug 1 with a VIN.

Got an email late last night to review the approved loan offer (which had already been reviewed/approved maybe a month ago). I was shocked to see the VIN on the page with an updated estimated delivery date of July 29 - Aug 1! Some history: For the longest time my estimated date was June, then July, then Blank for like a month, then a week ago it changed to specific July-Aug dates that started the +1 day shuffle. Yesterday it was July 28 - Aug 5 and then last night it was updated to July 29 - Aug 1 with a VIN.
Congratulation! Excited for you.

I have been trying to get to management regarding two issues for the past few weeks and the SA I've been working with has done an artful job of shielding management from the conversation. However, my car will arrive at the Service Center in a day or two for delivery and thus I have run out of time to deal with the purchase agreement portion of my issues.

If you have succeeded in speaking/corresponding with someone in Tesla management capable of making decisions for the company and can share that information, please PM me with contact details. I'd like to get this issue resolved before it lands on the Service Center as an urgent problem.

Thanks,
Bill

Overall: They Nailed it with this car. Now the questions/concerns I have

1)I am concerned about how my wife is going to use my car if I need her SUV for some reason. I will have to check her out in the car so she understands the controls (or lack thereof) and I don't know how you would ever let a Valet into the car or a car wash attendant. Maybe in a few years when the model S and
I have the same concern for when I use my wife’s SUV too. Not sure how to get past that, especially with the yoke and how a Tesla is so much different than our BMW’s.

congrats finally some CF movements

Sounds great! I don’t plan to ceramic coat my forthcoming MSLR lease. After 3 years they can have it back, scratches, water stains, rock chips and all. I’ll run it through the car wash and if I feel ambitious wax it..or not.
that’s one of the beauties of a lease. Just my .02. YMMV.
Yep, me, too. Drive it like I stole it for three years and then bye, bye! Technology is moving too quickly for me to lock myself into a purchase. Pavement that charges electric vehicles being developed in Indiana