Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
RN11394xxxx here.
Plaid ... Black exterior ... White / Carbon Fiber interior ... 19" wheels.

i ordered the Plaid the moment the configurator went live (the vehicle which was later renamed Plaid+, and then cancelled outright). Before it was cancelled, they called me and asked if i wanted to switch to Plaid to get my car sooner. I said nah, i wanted the extra range and didn't mind waiting for it. A few days later, the Plaid+ was cancelled, and a few days after that, my order automatically converted to a Plaid order. Sigh. Fine. : |

I would have rather had the wood trim instead of the carbon fiber, but making any change to my config appeared to add $10k to the base price of the car (it was giving me the original base price, but updating the config looked like it would change it to the current base price). i decided the trim material wasn't a big deal and i didn't want to risk losing my locked in low base price.

Delivery date has said "July" all along, but that's looking less like an optimistic estimate and more like an outright lie at this point.

i'm really not in any particular hurry, but Tesla's inability to provide an accurate timeline is frustrating and unprofessional, and complicates my summer and fall preparations and planning. i'd just like to know when to (realistically!) expect it.

Update:
This morning, the "Delivery: July" line disappeared from my order page, introducing a philosophical quandary: is no information an improvement over wrong information?

Update:
This morning, the "Delivery: July" line disappeared from my order page, introducing a philosophical quandary: is no information an improvement over wrong information?
Someone posted yesterday. It’s 99.9% random. Here’s the wiki definition. A Tesla EDD uses a pseudorandom number generator (PRNG), also known as a deterministic random bit generator (DRBG),[1] is an algorithm Tesla uses for generating a sequence of numbers whose properties approximate the properties of sequences of random EDDs.

My order has been blank since mid/late June (it showed 'July' then), and is still blank, buuuttt I'm going to wildly guess that the movement of other peoples' orders with 19s that have moved to blank status means there's some movin & shakin going on with regards to our orders!

What I *can't* guess is whether it means they've started production (as expected) and we'll find out more in the next week or two, or if the wheels got delayed again and they're removing the EDD until they know more...

Perhaps some movement on 19” wheels?

I‘ve been blank since my Feb 14 - Mar 14 delivery date disappeared, (except 1 day in May).

Today “July” shows up. Now I’m worried it’s one of those weird cars with a kitty cat Mulroney or by the railroad tracks on Gabe’s videos.
They only ship what's in the logistics lot, so no need to worry. Everything else is test mules.

Someone posted yesterday. It’s 99.9% random. Here’s the wiki definition. A Tesla EDD uses a pseudorandom number generator (PRNG), also known as a deterministic random bit generator (DRBG),[1] is an algorithm Tesla uses for generating a sequence of numbers whose properties approximate the properties of sequences of random EDDs.
So i wonder how date ranges are configured... like some people have tighter windows than others.

A question for those worried about the cars that have been sitting at a Tesla lot since May. When you used to buy cars from your local dealership, did you check the manufacture date to make sure the cars were “fresh” and not several months old? I mean, the fuel could have gone stale and the paint and interior subjected to all that UV….. makes me shudder. 😂
Because going lot shopping with the fam on a Saturday to pick out a car that mostly works for you is the same as ordering a brand new car.

Might check on that motorcycle helmet tint thought…most tinted visors are not DOT approved because of the tint. Arai developed this entire wonky two-shield system that only tints the legal amount of coverage of a shield. Wonky as it is, I use it all the time and actually quite like it now.

But you point certainly isn’t any less valid, nonetheless.
I don’t understand the tinted helmet visor argument at all. I’m pretty sure the law doesn’t prohibit you from wearing sunglasses while driving. While I’m not defending any tint laws, I got to admit, a police officer coming up on a tinted car with an unknown number of occupants, doing who knows what inside, definitely doesn’t sound like a good way to start an encounter. There could be a grandma inside driving her grandson’s tinted car, or 5 thugs with guns locked and loaded.

The difference is, you’re not hiding a loaded gun behind your tinted helmet visor on a motorcycle with a clearly obvious amount of occupants 😅

Because going lot shopping with the fam on a Saturday to pick out a car that mostly works for you is the same as ordering a brand new car.
I am talking about new cars. When I bought my C450 from Fletcher Jones we drove a mile to their storage lot. The one I wanted was in the middle of a sea of dirty cars. “Don’t worry, we’ll get it all detailed for you” I wasn’t worried. It was delivered clean. It’s not a trailer queen show car.

Lol off topic but for those that think only Tesla delays stuff, rivian, now an going on over a year delay (and tons of excuses added each time) just delayed their product another 2 months. Deliveries were supposed to start this month (well, this month last year).

At least they send out nicely written, corporate-speak emails.

They mention semiconductors as a specific reason. How many semiconductors do you need when you are making like 500 vehicles this year? 😂😂

They lucked out with covid, pre covid it was very obvious they were way behind already.

Last edited:
Lol off topic but for those that think only Tesla delays stuff, rivian, now an going on over a year delay (and tons of excuses added each time) just delayed their product another 2 months. Deliveries were supposed to start this month (well, this month last year).

sounds like some of my past KickStarter purchases 😆 at least they communicate!!!

one of my latest:

backer3x.png

For backers only​

Dear Backers,
I hope you all are doing amazing. I have quite a few updates today, bad and good.

Last edited:
I won't get my hopes up quite yet, but after my EDD was blank for all but a few days (the proverbial "July") since my my plaid+ order was switched to plaid mid June, I now have a EDD range of July 29-Aug 6. I shouldn't even be telling you guys this though, since I probably just jinxed myself!
Well, my EDD just got pushed a week from Jul 29-Aug02 and widened to a 2 week window Aug 2-16 (Plaid/Red/21"/Cream/CF)...Although it's frustrating, I've gotta say I'd rather see this action than just have blank. Hope, even false hope, is uplifting.

I think they removed creep? I don't use it but along with removing

And Tesla vehicles are worth the wait. Not sure about the rest of these.

I am talking about new cars. When I bought my C450 from Fletcher Jones we drove a mile to their storage lot. The one I wanted was in the middle of a sea of dirty cars. “Don’t worry, we’ll get it all detailed for you” I wasn’t worried. It was delivered clean. It’s not a trailer queen show car.
Exactly what I said in what you responded to. 🤷🏻
You went shopping and they had one, you didn’t order it from the factory. Not the same thing.