Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So based on what we've heard so far, it's very clear that there is a delivery hold for most (if not all) Model S scheduled for delivery this week. It's a request for more inspection/testing/validation/fix/whateverwhoknowsitstesla from Fremont and could be related to the charge port... Could definitely be wrong on this, but I think it's all been LR, I don't think I've a seen a Plaid one being held yet.
So I just created a new thread to track this week's delivery hold. All of us who have been affected or have more info on this, please post on this thread so it's easier for all of us affected (@SailorDave, @Babu_18, others) to keep track of the situation. Model S Delivery Hold Week of July 19 2021

So based on what we've heard so far, it's very clear that there is a delivery hold for most (if not all) Model S scheduled for delivery this week. It's a request for more inspection/testing/validation/fix/whateverwhoknowsitstesla from Fremont and could be related to the charge port... Could definitely be wrong on this, but I think it's all been LR, I don't think I've a seen a Plaid one being held yet.
I think this is impacting Plaid as well. I have a Plaid order from a few weeks ago and just last week it went from ‘July’ to a specific date range late July into early August. Then a few days ago, when this hold was reported, my EDD went back to the generic ‘July’. Just one data point, but my money is on the hold applying to Plaid as well.

Maybe it is approval of the yoke 🤣

Okay, so I am ordering some aftermarket 20” wheels in anticipation of getting the car sometime before I lose my mind!

question - the 20s will allow both the 255front / 285rear AND the 265front / 295rear config.

assuming I’m losing around 10lbs weight per corner, how much real range do I lose with the wider ones?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Okay, so I am ordering some aftermarket 20” wheels in anticipation of getting the car sometime before I lose my mind!

question - the 20s will allow both the 255front / 285rear AND the 265front / 295rear config.

assuming I’m losing around 10lbs weight per corner, how much real range do I lose with the wider ones?
This question is too complicated ha. Fact is everything is speculation at this point of what will fit or what won't and depending on weights and range probably not going to be a noticable difference

According to some on here...10lbs*point of coefficient reflection x body weight-date you left/your age, you lose 2.3 miles...of course all theoretical. :)

I think this is impacting Plaid as well. I have a Plaid order from a few weeks ago and just last week it went from ‘July’ to a specific date range late July into early August. Then a few days ago, when this hold was reported, my EDD went back to the generic ‘July’. Just one data point, but my money is on the hold applying to Plaid as well.

My money is on you ordering a few weeks ago is the reason for your "delay"

Best of luck with not losing your decade long friend. There is an odd zealotry that can occur when we have a sense of righteousness. And I am not saying you are wrong. Early adopters tend to approach everything in an on/off mode. Folks are coming along though never fast enough.

Governments are coming along too. Sadly, the zealots have gone about this in a backward thinking method. The actual problems are framed the wrong way and being solved based on that incorrect framing.

Through either intentional and wilful ignorance, or just being stupidly ignorant, they persist with the status quo

We need to avoid talking or even thinking about each other this way.

Cheers
Ah, but since it's true and accurate, and we end up losing our only planet because of it, what then?

Seem pretty important to target and shame those responsible, no?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid

Efficiency loss due to mass of wheels? Not what you think. Energy required to accelerate the heavier wheel also helps the car coast farther. In a perfect world that requires no braking, there will be no change in efficiency. Everything lost is regained when you coast to a stop. However regen isn’t perfect on capture so some efficiency is lost.

Ceramic coating is not going to prevent rock chips, just a heads up. Not clear from your message if that is your intent, but since you mentioned doing ceramic coating, not able to get PPF and already seeing rock chips - I made an assumption.
Check out Chicago Auto Pros on YouTube. They are a good resource for demonstrating how to do your own ceramic coating and they test many products.