Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone clarify the relationship between 19" wheels and a potential software glitch that has new Long Rang models on hold? How would a software issue be different for those with 21s?

My SA said that if I changed to 21s, my order would be filled very quickly -- wouldn't that mean that there is an issue with the 19" wheels themselves?
I haven't seen any correlation between the paucity of the 19s and this "hold".
I've been wondering whether the delay in shipping 19s has simply been a business decision. It would not surprise me.

No delivery date.

Can someone clarify the relationship between 19" wheels and a potential software glitch that has new Long Rang models on hold? How would a software issue be different for those with 21s?

My SA said that if I changed to 21s, my order would be filled very quickly -- wouldn't that mean that there is an issue with the 19" wheels themselves?
While we don't know much about the hold, it appears to affect both LR and Plaid. So far, all of the cars being held do not have 19"

• Informative
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I haven't seen any correlation between the paucity of the 19s and this "hold".
I've been wondering whether the delay in shipping 19s has simply been a business decision. It would not surprise me.

No delivery date.
No one's getting 19s until late August that's for sure. Not a single delivery with 19s made or even has a delivery date window as far as I know. It very well might a business decision to continue to deliver 21s but who knows. Tesla does what Tesla wants lol we just have to bend over and take it since the competition sucks at offering a viable competitive product. Apparently order 21s with black/cream interior and you can still get it in July :mad:

Pulling sophomoric quotes from a philosophy book doesn't change the fact that you are a hypocrite.

Hypocrisy​

Description​

Hypocrisy is the practice of engaging in the same behavior or activity for which one criticizes another or the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform. In moral psychology, it is the failure to follow one's own expressed moral rules and principles.​

Crushed it and extremely accurate.

Don't have any source. I am purely basing this off of Tesla's b*llshit way of doing business and failed delivery promises when it comes to anything and everything. I am honestly not expecting ramped up production of 19s until late August and deliveries sometime mid-late September since it's the end of quarter and that's when they will try to act like they have their sh*t together. So yeah, no source just basing this off of their past practices. What does your source say @MarcG

So not sure anyone cares but... I have a friend that works in detailing at my local Tesla. He said they are rapidly getting cars in, i ordered November of last year and still dont have a car. If we didnt know, i can safely say that order date absolutely does not matter at all. He said they get up to 10 cars a week in for several weeks now. I dont want to say i ordered before everyone in my city, but i have to be up there.

Don't have any source. I am purely basing this off of Tesla's b*llshit way of doing business and failed delivery promises when it comes to anything and everything. I am honestly not expecting ramped up production of 19s until late August and deliveries sometime mid-late September since it's the end of quarter and that's when they will try to act like they have their sh*t together. So yeah, no source just basing this off of their past practices. What does your source say @MarcG
Got it. So when you wrote “No one's getting 19s until late August that's for sure” this was just conjecture, good to know.

My inside Tesla source said 19s are being produced in July. So I have hope we’ll see deliveries in late July or early August at the latest.

Very new to the TMC forum, BUT I got my first downvotes today. It is a cool feature that the system notifies of all types of reactions.

I cannot imagine using the function in a positive leaning/comradeship type forum. Different strokes.

Keep it easy and still hoping for someone or multiple someone's to get their order with 19" wheels. (soon)

Cheers

Dunno - maybe one of the LR owners can weigh in?
I wish I had some insight, but Tesla locked me out of my car. Even though I took delivery on June 30th, I’m still waiting for my car like the rest of you. My LR has been at the body shop for two weeks now and I can’t even get Tesla to commit to a date I will be getting my car back. They claim it is out of their hands.

28243AB4-9E66-4C9A-8AAD-78755B4D56DC.jpeg

I wish I had some insight, but Tesla locked me out of my car. Even though I took delivery on June 30th, I’m still waiting for my car like the rest of you. My LR has been at the body shop for two weeks now and I can’t even get Tesla to commit to a date I will be getting my car back. They claim it is out of their hands.

View attachment 686207
That's crazy! You think this is related to the current delivery hold?

Yes. The issue with the 19" wheels is that they don't produce the same profit as the 21". So why bother delivering 19" wheels when you can deliver 21" wheels!

Got it. So when you wrote “No one's getting 19s until late August that's for sure” this was just conjecture, good to know.

My inside Tesla source said 19s are being produced in July. So I have hope we’ll see deliveries in late July or early August at the latest.
You're right, it totally was conjecture and I sincerely hope I am wrong but like I said in my other comment I will believe it when I will see it. Because so far broken promises, poor communication and garbage business practices have been the only consistent things from Tesla.