Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes. The issue with the 19" wheels is that they don't produce the same profit as the 21". So why bother delivering 19" wheels when you can deliver 21" wheels!
Why even offer it then? I wish they didn't offer 19s if they were going to pull this ****ing crap. I swear the moment I think they are about to get their *sugar* together as a company they do something to show just how stupid and unorganized they truly are as a company. They already have hundreds of Plaids/LR with 19s produced, why not deliver them then unless it's not profit that's holding them back an dis actually a missing part or two? Oh well, we'll find out soon enough. Everybody keeps saying end of July for production of 19s and we're already in 3rd week of July so we will see. I still don't think they will follow through with this timeline like several others.

Reactions: HumanInput
That's crazy! You think this is related to the current delivery hold?
Not at all. It is just an incompetent body shop and a busy Tesla service center. Tesla hasn’t followed through with making sure the body shop is completing the work on time, and my advisor is almost impossible to reach and doesn’t return text messages. 🤷‍♂️

Not at all. It is just an incompetent body shop and a busy Tesla service center. Tesla hasn’t followed through with making sure the body shop is completing the work on time, and my advisor is almost impossible to reach and doesn’t return text messages. 🤷‍♂️
ugh, sorry to hear that man, that really sucks. I hope you get it back soon and in perfect condition!

Why even offer it then? I wish they didn't offer 19s if they were going to pull this ****ing crap. I swear the moment I think they are about to get their *sugar* together as a company they do something to show just how stupid and unorganized they truly are as a company. They already have hundreds of Plaids/LR with 19s produced, why not deliver them then unless it's not profit that's holding them back an dis actually a missing part or two? Oh well, we'll find out soon enough. Everybody keeps saying end of July for production of 19s and we're already in 3rd week of July so we will see. I still don't think they will follow through with this timeline like several others.

Should have put a /s at the end of my post.

But you're right either way. Communication has been nothing but garbage. They sent me a survey. I did not write good things. No response. No call back. Nothing. If they truly cared about customers, they'd give us information.

Nope. We have to wait every 3 months to get an update from Elon on an EARNINGS CALL. Which always ends up being untrue anyways.

Should have put a /s at the end of my post.

But you're right either way. Communication has been nothing but garbage. They sent me a survey. I did not write good things. No response. No call back. Nothing. If they truly cared about customers, they'd give us information.

Nope. We have to wait every 3 months to get an update from Elon on an EARNINGS CALL. Which always ends up being untrue anyways.
I know youve been here for a very long time, do you have any information on your call at all? I kind of gave up after i got pictures of cars rolling in my local store knowing im getting passed up every week.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I know youve been here for a very long time, do you have any information on your call at all? I kind of gave up after i got pictures of cars rolling in my local store knowing im getting passed up every week.

If your signature is true, you should be getting a call VERY soon. 21" wheels are rolling into showrooms at a steady pace. I have been waiting since January, you have been waiting since November. My hat comes off to you, sir.

Edit: Or madam, I don't judge.

I wish I had some insight, but Tesla locked me out of my car. Even though I took delivery on June 30th, I’m still waiting for my car like the rest of you. My LR has been at the body shop for two weeks now and I can’t even get Tesla to commit to a date I will be getting my car back. They claim it is out of their hands.

View attachment 686207
My LR is showing 2021.12.4.7 like others. I was curious if LR and Plaid share same s/w & updates cuz 12.25 is a big jump.

There have been news suggesting there is a rubber shortage. I wonder if this plays a role here in 19”. Probably not as they would have planned a loooong time ago.
Could be partly because of a rubber shortage. All 19” tires ordered a loooong time ago would have been for the narrower silver wheels (and probably summer for late spring delivery). They would have to reorder after changing to the darker wider wheels. Hopefully, they are also changing to all season for the fall deliveries.

• Helpful
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Yes. The issue with the 19" wheels is that they don't produce the same profit as the 21". So why bother delivering 19" wheels when you can deliver 21" wheels!
only problem with this theory, is that Tesla still charges the 5k to change an order to upgrade to the 19's. I suspect a LOT of people would have upgraded if the $5k penalty werent in play for wheel upgrades...and I suspect Tesla knows that

So not sure anyone cares but... I have a friend that works in detailing at my local Tesla. He said they are rapidly getting cars in, i ordered November of last year and still dont have a car. If we didnt know, i can safely say that order date absolutely does not matter at all. He said they get up to 10 cars a week in for several weeks now. I dont want to say i ordered before everyone in my city, but i have to be up there.

I care. You are NOT on the "Leo hates you" list.

I'm there with you. It hurts to watch so many others jump us in "line".

keep fighting the good fight.