Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are many white interiors everywhere. I think it’s not that common as black cause people don’t want to pay extra $$$. But I have seen many cars with white interior
that's good to hear but I don't know if it's a money thing as much because people are willing to shed 4,500 on 21" wheels to get the car sooner but they aren't okay with paying 1,500 for white interior seems questionable, don't you think?

Just got a text back from my SA, asking about status of 19" deliveries. Response was:

"From what we've seen (and what is shown on the website), 19" wheel deliveries will begin in August. As we receive more updates, we'll let you know!"

So nothing necessarily new... but something?
woah! It's getting quite overwhelming to be able to deal with all this important info coming from SAs. Do they happen to have some sort of a special access to Tesla's website or something?

Last edited:
woah! It's getting so quite overwhelming to be able to deal with all this important info coming from SAs. Do they happen to have some sort of a special access to Tesla's website or something?
I was also confused so asked where they found that. They said it is in the "Model S Configurator", which still leaves me baffled as I've seen Sep-Oct for weeks now. So A+ for responsiveness but still no clue where the info is coming from.

MS LR - Grey/Black - 19" - No FSD - Ordered 5/20/21, RN 1150​

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
that's good to hear but I don't know if it's a money thing as much because people are willing to shed 4,500 on 21" wheels to get the car sooner but they aren't okay with paying 1,500 for white interior seems questionable, don't you think?
I do have experience with the car detailing business and would say people don't want to pay extra $$$ for colored interiors. Almost everyone would prefer black because it stays "cleaner" longer and in Tesla case would not add additional $1500 to initial price of the car

For my West Palm peeps-
434513 (white Int)
435391 Red/Black LR

My car is in WPB. It was a late June build and IS subject to the inspection hold.
There were white and cream interiors but mostly black
Colors were mostly white and black with ONE blue and ONE red

Hope this helps

Oh, and not a single sinkin 19" wheel to be found; not even one.

Why do you find them useless?
Outdated tech, laser, Robic, and Vascar are used on a lot of “speed traps”
time for an update on my wonderful SA experience

Email correspondence only:
2/8---TESLA--"Congratulations, Your SA (Sales Advisor)
2/22---Me--"Hi SA, question about Insurance and no VIN"
<crickets>
2/25---Me--"Hello?"
2/26---TA--"Sorry been busy. will email you back when we take delivery"
4/19---Me--"Elon not making your life easy at this point."
<crickets>
5/24---Me--"Hi SA, You still around? Any updates on the MS LR deliveries?
<crickets>
6/14--Me--"Hi SA, You still around? Any updates on the MS LR deliveries?"
<crickets>
6/25--Me--"Hi SA, You still around? Any updates on the MS LR deliveries?"
<crickets>
7/20--Me--"Hi SA, You still around? Any updates on the MS LR deliveries?"
<crickets>
Sounds like my SA. She’s hilarious. Went to the “dealership” to have my lady drive the MY before deciding she wants to buy it, and funny enough the woman SA we meet there is my SA. So I ask her about all the rumors and issues and she denies it all saying they’re just speculations. Then she tells me that unless it comes from an SA, it’s not true. THEN tells me to contact her with any rumors I hear so she could clear them up for me. I emailed her a list of current rumors 5 days ago and she has yet to answer it 😅😅
I think anyone waiting on 19s just needs to start spamming Elon’s Twitter asking what’s up. If we all post the same question repeatedly we may get an answer
Start? You mean no one’s been doing that this whole time?! 😅
👉 👈
Some of you getting VINS or deliveries... meanwhile I'm just.... waiting so patiently. Any news on white interiors??
I can’t remember last time I’ve seen someone take delivery in this thread. I feel like it was bumping at EOQ and then completely fell off.

I do have experience with the car detailing business and would say people don't want to pay extra $$$ for colored interiors. Almost everyone would prefer black because it stays "cleaner" longer and in Tesla case would not add additional $1500 to initial price of the car
You're probably right. Most people still worry about management of colored interiors especially ultra white interior. Could be overwhelming for some.

There are at least two staging for delivery in S. FL. They are real and they are making cars with white interior (and cream).
It’ll be funny to see them finally allow people to upgrade to 21s without paying price increase fee after they fulfill all the current 21in orders and need more fluff for EOQ.

I was also confused so asked where they found that. They said it is in the "Model S Configurator", which still leaves me baffled as I've seen Sep-Oct for weeks now. So A+ for responsiveness but still no clue where the info is coming from.

Do a Plaid configuration. Shows August for 19s.

I originally ordered a Plaid on 9/22/2020, which was then automatically converted to Plaid+ on 2/11/2021. Because Tesla also automatically converted by account back down from Plaid+ to Plaid on 6/19/2021, I only finalized the "next steps" on MyTesla account on 6/22/2021. Based on this sequence of event, a new Tesla insider I got in touch with told me that my order has an effective order date of 6/22/2021 and it will be prioritized accordingly. I was also told not to expect my Plaid before September.

This is in stark contrast with what my other Tesla contact was telling me, namely: my order still has Sept. 2020 priority and will be matched to a VIN as soon as production matches my order details. This new piece of information basically tells me this is all incorrect, and there is no VIN matching at all, nor any concept of "priority", until the date when all steps possible to complete are indeed complete on MyTesla. That date sets the wheels in motion of VIN matching.
Update on this: I just spoke to my first contact again, and they still see my original order date of 9/22/2020 in their system as a priority.
Also confirmed the only long pole are the 19" wheels, and there were further delays pushing them in to August (original goal was July).

So not sure who's right between the two, but I'm still liking my changes for a VIN in the next couple of weeks.
Maybe I should get find a 3rd Tesla insider to break the tie? 😝

For my West Palm peeps-
434513 (white Int)
435391 Red/Black LR

My car is in WPB. It was a late June build and IS subject to the inspection hold.
There were white and cream interiors but mostly black
Colors were mostly white and black with ONE blue and ONE red

Hope this helps

Oh, and not a single sinkin 19" wheel to be found; not even one.
Interesting, lots of 435, a 436 and the 2 431's..... Wonder if they are pulling from the misfit lot?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid

If you order a new Plaid with 19” wheel the delivery estimate is August. You’ll see “Tempest Wheels deliveries begin in August.”

#TeamOctober #OctoberStrong