Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine has not rebooted unless I pushed both wheels. Has been uneventful.
Hmm...I had not seen this until I enabled "Advanced Software Updates". I turned that back to "Standard" when the screen just came back on. We'll see if the issue continues. I have a piece of window trim on the passenger side rear door that has a 3/4" bulge/split in it. It was delivered that way. I was just going to wait until I hit 1,000 miles and just get all the things addressed at once.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I noticed today that the roof really throws a lot of heat in the sun, especially if the car isn't moving (i.e. waiting in a drive through line, parked, etc). I can feel the heat radiating from the glass, so I think it's absorbing the IR and then re-radiating it when it warms up. Didn't have this issue on a long trip in hot sunny weather, so I suspect the air movement cools the roof off in that scenario.

Funny thing started today with my app... The image shows the both front and rear trunks opening and shutting. I am watching the vehicle and there is no change but every 15-30 seconds, both trunks pop open on the image and then shut.
I think it has to do with the chicken wings.....
Or the dead hooker. Just saying.

I remember somewhere way back in this thread that one or more people took delivery with 21" wheels when they had ordered 19" wheels and they WERE NOT charged the $4,500 uplift for the option. I believe it was part of Tesla trying to make EoQ numbers.

Did that happen to anyone still on the forums or does anyone remember about where that was in the 52k odd posts?

Thanks,
Bill

I remember somewhere way back in this thread that one or more people took delivery with 21" wheels when they had ordered 19" wheels and they WERE NOT charged the $4,500 uplift for the option. I believe it was part of Tesla trying to make EoQ numbers.

Did that happen to anyone still on the forums or does anyone remember about where that was in the 52k odd posts?

Thanks,
Bill
That sounds like a Christmas Miracle and Elon was Santa.

Thanks,
Bill
Currently, if I give them $500 they will let me switch to 19" wheels.

Thanks,
Bill
Yes. Me.

Using Tessie, I was able to remotely close my windows after remotely venting. Not the official Tesla app (I can confirm official app lets me vent, doesn't let me close)

Bananas. Tesla must be really struggling on the software front with the S refresh. We'll likely see a bunch of software updates for this car in the coming months.

O
Bananas. Tesla must be really struggling on the software front with the S refresh. We'll likely see a bunch of software updates for this car in the coming months.
Just got the 12.25.5 update that some others on the forum have had prior (@omarsultan and others, I think), and I'm not sure if this is actually a change or just in my head, but the turn signals (tap vs. press) feel more aligned (when I tap, it's actually a tap, when I press/hold, it vibrates). Very much could be placebo, though. @bmt00 - have you gotten the update? Feel any different?

I meant to ask this day 1, but forgot until today. During heavy acceleration theres this little bit of a whistle sound that seems to come from the interior speakers. Almost sounds like my 1985 chevy caprice did when the ground wire of the stereo was not correct. I don't hate it, but wants to ask if that sound is typical for all owners or do I actually have another issue to have looked at?
same. It sounds like the whine of a supercharger.

I recall seeing that @omarsultan had a slightly slower drag strip run yesterday vs what he achieved on a normal road. Was attributed to slippage at the start/traction, but any chance the new version limits performance? ;)

(only vbox or dragy can answer this)
Not likely:

I recall seeing that @omarsultan had a slightly slower drag strip run yesterday vs what he achieved on a normal road. Was attributed to slippage at the start/traction, but any chance the new version limits performance? ;)

(only vbox or dragy can answer this)

Would be interesting if true. Seems to only be put out for the Plaids at this time.

Would be interesting if true. Seems to only be put out for the Plaids at this time.
Wondering if Tesla trying to limit the power by app. 0.1-0.4secs in hopes that people won't notice, now that a bunch are done getting their draggy numbers out of the way, to save it from starting camp fires 😂
Please Tesla, make me shut up by delivering my car or giving me a freaking delivery estimate at least, even though it don't mean jack 😒

Last edited: