Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No bugs or delays that I've seen - I have it set to not wake the car up if sleeping (so that only official app does that and car doesn't stay awake all the time). It has some pretty cool features. Lots of data about your driving, charging habits, and you can automate certain actions, too (I haven't done this yet). I don't know if it's really a "must have" unless you absolutely want the data output - and, the ability to remotely close windows. Full disclosure: Tessie was the first, and really only, third party app I've used, so I don't have any comparisons to others, like TeslaFi, etc.

It's definitely one of these things that, if I had never started using it, I doubt I'd be missing it, but now that I have it, I will keep it because I like all the data and efficiency numbers.
many thanks. First I need a car. Then I need to learn what I need :)

Well if you don't, just imagine all the cool upgrades you'll be receiving for next years changes. 🙃
I think there's a lot of truth to that. Aside from incremental improvements (if any in only a few months of release) there SHOULD be multiple software upgrades - so hopefully there are less "sharp edges" - however, based on how long it is taking to get certain things working (ANC, rear screen, etc.) I'm wondering how long it will really take to get all features enabled, let alone optimized.

I wonder how much legal room Tesla has for doing something like that. If you bought a car with an advertised performance standard, and they took that away, wouldn't that be grounds for a refund or class action lawsuits? I seriously doubt they would do this for something so easily verifiable.
There’s a long running thread about chargegate/battery gate/draingate etc.
I would be very interested in seeing these same people do dragy runs after an year or 1.5 years of ownership, wondering if performance numbers will hold up, or, if Tesla stealthy updates these cars to “protect” batteries

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
First time poster( well second post after the accidental "X" post) . Have been following the thread regularly since I ordered my first Tesla. I am seeking advice from the knowledgeable crowd here. I have model x on order which most likely will not be delivered this year. I need a car and can't wait for X without an alternative. I was looking at older model S in the interim and would trade it in when Model X is ready. Do you think it's a good idea? Don't want to lose a lot of money with depreciation and trade in.

I can see the good points and BAD points about owing a car that is basically controlled by the manufacturer.
They can turn on/off:
Features
Performance
Charging capability
Controls
Heck they control the entire car if they wanted!

I'm no right wing conspiracy theorist, but doesn't anyone else have reservations?

Remind me again why I'm buying my 1st Tesla?

Another data point see below car for sure is not getting slower. Track day was today.
EB11E429-0235-4DBF-BEAA-6524AD37797C.jpeg

Well you have a good memory, didn't know that was you! 😳 If you could just reply to my exact points it would be more helpful, I'm not the kind of guy that can't change his mind with some good facts.

Tesla can and has done surreptitious changes to cars. They've also done a lot more positive things but their general attitude is that we own the car but only license the software from them. They mess with the software and it's mostly good but sometimes bad.

I can see the good points and BAD points about owing a car that is basically controlled by the manufacturer.
They can turn on/off:
Features
Performance
Charging capability
Controls
Heck they control the entire car if they wanted!

I'm no right wing conspiracy theorist, but doesn't anyone else have reservations?

Remind me again why I'm buying my 1st Tesla?
Do you iPhone or Android?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid