Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Other owners that took delivery (@Hayseed_MS) are saying service is not wanting or holding on to vehicles that were previously delivered. Sure you are fine.
So I guess the sloppiness has just carried over to the service team.
I have had headbolts changed on my 09 C63 and received the car back in 3 days. I dropped off 3 days ago and these guys have not even begun the work FFS

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Exactly, happy for all those getting VIN and DD, but like many of us who have had those for some time, they mean nothing when you can't actually take delivery of your vehicle. I want a safe vehicle, but the least they could do is provide some communication to those of us with cars on the lot of our delivery center, not to mention those already driving the new refresh's. They just don't look at these transactions from a human element - people have old cars and need to sell them but have no clue when to sell them when they can no clue when they can take delivery. Not everyone trades in...
Not to mention expiring finance and lease agreements!

That’s just a roundabout way of saying you DO agree with their stance of not responding.
No, I understand the approach and why Tesla might choose that route. I 100% disagree with Tesla overall approach to comms. If they had existing mechanisms and relationships in place to influence the narrative and the news cycle, then, IMO, a different approach would yield better results.

No, I understand the approach and why Tesla might choose that route. I 100% disagree with Tesla overall approach to comms. If they had existing mechanisms and relationships in place to influence the narrative and the news cycle, then, IMO, a different approach would yield better results.
So again, you DO agree with what they are doing because they are unable to “influence the narrative”.

Not sure how you can “influence the narrative” around why all your vehicle deliveries have been slam-stopped for a week while leaving customers in the dark.

Reactions: hcdavis3
This is the *sugar* I hate about Tesla media coverage--layer speculation on top of more speculation and then report it as news. The only actual fact is that Tesla appears to have slowed down to stopped deliveries, but that headline would not get clicks. This is why I understand Elon's stance on media and PR: hold delivery for QA and you get PR drama, deliver cars and then fix the cars with a recall/TSB/service campaign and you still get PR drama. As much I hate it, the right thing is to keep quiet and not feed the machine.

Based on Tesla's prior behavior, if there was an actual safety issue, Tesla would not screw around, and I have not seen any changes in my car and only received 2 nondescript OTA updates. My guess is that there is something not working quite right and they trying to figure out if they can address it with a software fix or they need a hardware fix. If the former, they need to test and validate it works and if its the latter, it will be simpler and easier to implement if Tesla has possession of the cars.
On the surface I completely agree with you, the media coverage of every fire or accident is obnoxious and makes me legitimately mad every damn time. In those instances speculation runs rampant because investigations haven’t happened and there isn’t enough info, so bullshit that gets clicks wins the day.

The difference here is that Tesla knows exactly why they have halted deliveries, and should explain it to (at least) the people waiting for cars. There is no advantage to being opaque here, if the reason is eventually going to be known anyway.

So again, you DO agree with what they are doing because they are unable to “influence the narrative”.

Not sure how you can “influence the narrative” around why all your vehicle deliveries have been slam-stopped for a week while leaving customers in the dark.
Once again, understanding why someone does something and agreeing with what they are doing are two different things.

On the surface I completely agree with you, the media coverage of every fire or accident is obnoxious and makes me legitimately mad every damn time. In those instances speculation runs rampant because investigations haven’t happened and there isn’t enough info. The difference here is that Tesla knows exactly why they have halted deliveries, and should explain it to (at least) the people waiting for cars. There is no advantage to being opaque here, if the reason is eventually going to be known anyway.
Don't disagree. I'd still love to know what happened between Feb and May with our cars, but not Tesla's culture. Very Apple-like on that front--don't often explain themselves. Heck, we still don't have official explanations for BatteryGate and ChargerGate.

I was waiting to see your outcome. I saw you PM'ing folks that got them comped.
I, like you was going to replace the 19's with aftermarket, but since have changed to 21's. I figure I can sell them at some reasonable cost to recoup some of my $4500.
....either way, Im still livid as I have not yet so much as received a VIN on my plaid+ conversion that was promised in June, like you.
Perhaps we should work in unison to correct this issue.

For the record, I am allergic to litigation and am not suggesting ANYTHING like that. I’m just thinking many voices in concert are louder than one.

Don't disagree. I'd still love to know what happened between Feb and May with our cars, but not Tesla's culture. Very Apple-like on that front--don't often explain themselves. Heck, we still don't have official explanations for BatteryGate and ChargerGate.
They aren’t going to explain those two because there is ongoing litigation around them. Which is eventually going to result in a significant black-eye for Tesla.

disclaimer: I am a victim of both

Reactions: croman
The difference here is that Tesla knows exactly why they have halted deliveries, and should explain it to (at least) the people waiting for cars. There is no advantage to being opaque here, if the reason is eventually going to be known anyway.
I do wonder if we'll ever know the reason, though. With Model 3/Y, they announced the radar removal. With this one, I can see them resuming with a software update and nothing else.

Late Friday news drop is still possible from Tesla to minimize exposure and the needless FUD that it will generate and with earnings call next week, I feel the other shoe has to drop sooner than later. My wishful thinking is that they're *really* close to v11 and are just waiting to roll that out since it was so close to the earnings call and they can claim some wins as a result if there are range/perf improvements unlocked beyond what's stated.

I do wonder if we'll ever know the reason, though. With Model 3/Y, they announced the radar removal. With this one, I can see them resuming with a software update and nothing else.

Late Friday news drop is still possible from Tesla to minimize exposure and the needless FUD that it will generate and with earnings call next week, I feel the other shoe has to drop sooner than later. My wishful thinking is that they're *really* close to v11 and are just waiting to roll that out since it was so close to the earnings call and they can claim some wins as a result if there are range/perf improvements unlocked beyond what's stated.
You cannot call it “needless FUD” in this case. It’s 100% legitimate FUD created by Tesla’s silence on the matter.

Reactions: rpan25 and JimLL