Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I spoke to my local service center to ask for an update since I have been patiently waiting for something. She put me on hold and came back to say they are looking at late september/october for white or carbon fiber deliveries. 😞
This is almost certainly bullshit given many cars with CF and/or White have been delivered to members here (and many more to non members I’m sure)

I
My MYLR went blank too…

I expect more from you than to believe the SA lol

Anyway, back to bait and switch, I feel as if that term is for some reason offensive to some on here so maybe we need to come up with new one.

I get the literal definition of bait and switch but life isn’t objective and literal. Sure it applies to products, promising one but getting another, but why can’t bait and switch apply to time? Everyone damn well knows that on June 30th, when the configurator said you can get the car in June, that was an outright lie. You could be standing at the Fremont factory with a satchel full of cash and still not get your car in June. Did they know that was the case? 100%. Did they continue to false advertise delivery dates? 100%. Is this a bait and switch with dates/deliveries? That’s subjective. At that point it’s not a production or supply issue at all, they knew what they were going to deliver that month if you ordered that day, a big fat nothing.

Baiting someone with a soon delivery to make them order now and then 2-3 days after their $100 clears, switching the date to several months forward or to blank….. I won’t say it, but there are key words in that sentence that do. As I said before, 1,000 people cancelling because of shenanigans gains Tesla free $100,000, not a bad scheme. Whoever came up with the idea of “non-refundable” order fee, knew exactly what they were doing.

Should we call it something new that’s less offensive on here? Honey-dicking? Trapping? I’m open for ideas 😅
I’m ok with is “crying it out”. It’s a healthy way to cope.
How about “Dait and switch”?

This is almost certainly bullshit given many cars with CF and/or White have been delivered to members here (and many more to non members I’m sure)
Yeah I call BS as well. That time frame had better be for new orders, not existing orders placed months ago.

My EDD was previously ‘July’ but has been blank now for weeks.

I was at our Sales Center today picking up my M3 from service (replaced control arms - that’s another story), and I asked if they had any info on my Plaid reservation.

Interestingly, , a sales rep pulled up my account and showed me his screen which showed ‘Aug 18th’ for delivery. Now he cautioned me that it’s just a placeholder, “This IS Tesla, after all”, he said 🤣. But he thought I had a pretty good chance of delivery some time in August. He said the carbon fiber and 19” wheels had been holding things up in general, but were starting to ship ‘now’.
And..... just like that I now have an EDD for the first time in weeks on my account - "Aug 11-25".

So maybe it pays to check in with your SA (or a random person at the delivery center).

4A006E4D-A4DD-4F30-9346-E0E618478950.jpeg

Took delivery of my black plaid!!!!

Is what I’ll say when I take delivery of my black plaid. But in the mean time this black plaid is available for purchase at the Rocklin CA service center! The employee told me the customer refused delivery and it’s for sale.

I spoke to my local service center to ask for an update since I have been patiently waiting for something. She put me on hold and came back to say they are looking at late september/october for white or carbon fiber deliveries. 😞
She put you on hold to check what configurator says

View attachment 688468

Is what I’ll say when I take delivery of my black plaid. But in the mean time this black plaid is available for purchase at the Rocklin CA service center! The employee told me the customer refused delivery and it’s for sale.

Why didn't you take it if it's available?!

Don't you just love those instant-private-roads? Snap of the finger and BAM, closed road. 🤣
come on , it was in ‘Mexico’ (honestly officer we were in Mexico) although guess the Kia Soul driver didn’t get the memo the road was closed … my new goal in life is to try and keep up with this forum and like all of @2021plaid posts to return the positivity, gonna pay it back, always good vibes!!!

View attachment 688468

Hey, I recognize that store! Congrats! :)