Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
you know, just trying to garner some hate round here :D you give off too much positivity though, i can't stop ... must stop ... liking .... ugh :D
Normally I wouldn't bother with an agree here, since I have no opinion on your choice of cars, but someone has disagreed with most of your posts so I figured I would go ahead and cancel those out. 🤣

I'm having a reality moment in that I can not fathom how a new company can develop a battery pack that can provide this level of performance in a production sedan and have it last a full 100k mile warranty. Youtube is full of electric drag cars/bikes doing all kinds of crazy times but you know the battery is set up for high discharge low cycle life. I can imagine that Lucid can easily build a battery for videos. I can not imagine how, as a newbe, they could build a better production battery with Tesla type reliability and degradation.

I'd love to be wrong here but it would defy common sense.
Agree 100% for me the Lucid already looks dated, they are trying to compete with Tesla but Tesla is not the direct competition. The new Mercedes EQS is theire direct competitor and they actually beat them to the market. Actually the EQS is a very awsome car again different customer base.

It will be very hard for Lucid to succeed i really whish them well but probably not happening. (Hope i am wrong)

They announced yesterday that they have 11 000 pre orders which is not much and they spending money to expand the Manufacturing plant in order to achieve 400K per year why? They are not hitting the 400K per year for the next 10 years. Also the guy Peter R. drives me nuts not sure why maybe its just me.

They should rather focus on getting the car to the customers ASAP time is not on theire side.

1 billion and they cant hire ONE full time employee to just handle customer inquiries. lol.

Whats crazy? This is my THIRD TESLA PURCHASED THROUGH TESLA. And still no form of preferential treatment. I feel like Im at the hot Miami nightclub, I paid $10k for bottle service and a table, but the bouncer still made me stand in line on only lets me into the general admission area.
not true isnt Elon handling our concerns? :cool: 😜

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Daily EDD narrowing update. Narrowed by another day. Six days and counting of my EDD zeroing in on the second-third week of August. Now Aug 08-17. At this rate, it’s looking like it could be the week of Aug. 16th, which of course is the week I’m on vacation. What happens if I’m not here for the week my car is delivered? Will they hold it as long as I do all my paperwork remotely?

Daily EDD narrowing update. Narrowed by another day. Six days and counting of my EDD zeroing in on the second-third week of August. Now Aug 08-18. At this rate, it’s looking like it could be the week of Aug. 16th, which of course is the week I’m on vacation. What happens if I’m not here for the week my car is delivered? Will they hold it as long as I do all my paperwork remotely?
They give you 3 days normally, after that they give the car to someone else. However, it’s not a EOQ push so they MAY be more flexible with you. But if you don’t have a vin i wouldn’t put to much weight on the EDD at all. It’s just projection that wildly swings. Just my .02 cent tho. To be honest, the EDD doesn’t mean much at all until a vin is secured. Once the vin is there, at that point I would start to make arrangements and worry about the Edd

My EDD narrowed by a day for the seventh day in a row. It now says 10 August to 17 August. I also got a text from my SA, reminding me to watch their virtual tours, to familiarize myself with my new Tesla. That's right folks, they say I will get my car in "two weeks".
I wonder if our Red cars are coming off the line at the same time! I really hate getting my hopes up, but this daily micro adjusting EDD sure does seem legit. Every morning when I sit down with my coffee, I cautiously check my Tesla account fully expecting my EDD to be blank again or something like October. I would certainly feel better if we got some VINs.

They give you 3 days normally, after that they give the car to someone else. However, it’s not a EOQ push so they MAY be more flexible with you. But if you don’t have a vin i wouldn’t put to much weight on the EDD at all. It’s just projection that wildly swings. Just my .02 cent tho. To be honest, the EDD doesn’t mean much at all until a vin is secured. Once the vin is there, at that point I would start to make arrangements and worry about the Edd
Yeah EDD's are like estimated download times. They are a best guess, swing wildly, and are mostly there to give you hope.
1627392404030.png

If some of you guys recall..Teslas customer service when they first started? Was VERY good. Freebies, great referral benefits, etc.
My guess: Lucid will also start off with great customer service...
The only difference is Tesla has no competition for them to even give a damn about improving customer service but once Lucid or any other company can compete, someone’s going to have to start stepping their game up.

I'm having a reality moment in that I can not fathom how a new company can develop a battery pack that can provide this level of performance in a production sedan and have it last a full 100k mile warranty. Youtube is full of electric drag cars/bikes doing all kinds of crazy times but you know the battery is set up for high discharge low cycle life. I can imagine that Lucid can easily build a battery for videos. I can not imagine how, as a newbe, they could build a better production battery with Tesla type reliability and degradation.

I'd love to be wrong here but it would defy common sense.
I think Lucid's key to this is their efficiency. The whole car seems to be designed from the ground up to be insanely efficient. The Air also runs on a 924 volt architecture, so that may help. Do keep in mind also, that this Lucid will likely be well over 170k. Regardless, I'm kinda rooting for that car, because if it has better specs when it's unveiled, expect the Plaid to get faster, and a lot more range very quickly.😁

Last edited: