Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everything is relative in life so I guess for some people, spending $90k-$100 is waste of money for a car. Let alone extra $45k for just speed.

I ordered a LR earlier which had delivery date blank while I ordered a Plaid two days ago, and it’s already updated twice and shows Aug 11 - Aug 20 delivery.
IMO, buying a Tesla whether LR or Plaid is not a practical financial decision, we buy because of other factors. I agree that LR is better bang for the money spent but do we really think buying a $90k+ car is “ better money spent”. Who are we kidding!!!
We buy because we want to. Outside of folks who love Tesla, spending this amount of money is insane for a car. Whether $90k or &140k
You just have to focus on the gas saving! :D

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
You do not have to cancel you order to change to plaid. I made the change myself after the person on the phone didn’t make the change like they said they did. I used the back door method to edit my order. Once I edited my order I literally got a vin in under 5mins. Of course that was sheer luck. But if you want to switch to plaid you can long as you don’t have a vin for a long range.
My change to plaid happened in March. Two months later, I created another order (my current order) to switch from black to MSM and CF to wood. In March, the SA told me to cancel the plaid+ and create a new Plaid order. That being said, the change from LR to Plaid is a $45k upgrade so It makes sense that Tesla would make it seamless.
Happy to hear it worked out for you 👍.

Okay now on a serious note, my sister that I mentioned earlier that ordered in January just got a VIN. But she already bought another car a couple of months ago and now doesn't want the Tesla anymore. Any suggestions?

View attachment 689274

View attachment 689275
I'm in South Florida and wouldn't mind taking delivery of this build 😊. I cant wait till October, IF that actually happens.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Do not do it and risk finding out the LR may be good enough and becoming an LR lover.
I love my LR yoke and all. I read and see the PlaId reviews and I do wish I got it but then I get in the LR and hit the accelerator and I am instantly happy. its my first Tesla, previous cars were snails (Porsche 911 4s as an example)so I am more than excited by the LR. Very few driving super cars around me on a regular basis so I reckon 99.999% of the time I’m the fastest on the road, would be nice to say I am the fastest regardless but personally I can live with that. Let’s face it, LR or PlaId, friggin great cars in their own right. For those waiting, I will say it’s worth it albeit annoying as sugar as I experienced, customer communication lacking for sure. Stay strong and enjoy the car when you get it, as I have said before, the wait and the banter on this forum while I waited was kinda great , in a weird way I miss checking my account status on an hourly basis 🤷🏻‍♂️ but I still check in here to see what’s going on.

I sent my SA a message today. He called me and said he feels good about September/October. Of course he said no guarantees. At least he called me!
It's good to have a responsive SA. Mine just sends cryptic Friday evening texts while ignoring any response/email/call. Limbic resonance? Purgatory ...

For California folks, I hope you find this info helpful. Last Friday, I was assigned a VIN and an EDD that spanned 3 days that slid to the right each day that passed. I called the Santa Barbara service center and they explained the process to me.

1. Once a VIN is assigned, it's finalizing production and waiting for transport. This can be 24 hours - 1 week and on a rare occasion longer.
2. Once it's on it's way to the service center, I will receive a text stating I have 3 days to pickup the car.

Also, since it's been more than 4 months since I put my order in, my loan approval had expired. The SA noted this as well and asked if he could send it through again. Given I had a VIN, I thought it was safe to do so. I received and email to confirm I wanted to process a loan pre-approval again. All my data was already there, so just needed to approve.
Thanks for the info, actually you have 30 days when buying new to pick it up per order agreement. “. For new vehicles, if you do not take delivery within thirty (30) days of our first a􏰃empt to no􏰁fy you, Tesla may cancel your order and keep your Order Fee.”

Attachments

• 8978C274-744C-4741-9335-5E3AE67A104E.jpeg
    8978C274-744C-4741-9335-5E3AE67A104E.jpeg
    157.2 KB · Views: 62
I love my LR yoke and all. I read and see the PlaId reviews and I do wish I got it but then I get in the LR and hit the accelerator and I am instantly happy. its my first Tesla, previous cars were snails (Porsche 911 4s as an example)so I am more than excited by the LR. Very few driving super cars around me on a regular basis so I reckon 99.999% of the time I’m the fastest on the road, would be nice to say I am the fastest regardless but personally I can live with that. Let’s face it, LR or PlaId, friggin great cars in their own right. For those waiting, I will say it’s worth it albeit annoying as sugar as I experienced, customer communication lacking for sure. Stay strong and enjoy the car when you get it, as I have said before, the wait and the banter on this forum while I waited was kinda great , in a weird way I miss checking my account status on an hourly basis 🤷🏻‍♂️ but I still check in here to see what’s going on.
You don’t owe anyone an explanation & comparison is the thief of happiness! You own an extraordinary vehicle. I love my LR, and unless someone has a substantial wealth where money ain’t a thang, I can’t make sense of spending an extra 50k for 1 less second. And if someone does have a substantial net worth, they’re a real chode trying to big league people on the internet who spent 90 on their incredible bat mobile instead of 140. Enjoy!

You don’t owe anyone an explanation & comparison is the thief of happiness! You own an extraordinary vehicle. I love my LR, and unless someone has a substantial wealth where money ain’t a thang, I can’t make sense of spending an extra 50k for 1 less second. And if someone does have a substantial net worth, they’re a real chode trying to big league people on the internet who spent 90 on their incredible bat mobile instead of 140. Enjoy!
Spoken like a real LR owner. Long range, short range or Plaid. It’s all bitchin. :)