Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still recently blank for me. I have a cybertruck and solar wall order as well hoping they care about losing me ha.
Similar thought, re the CT also on order... Perhaps they figure we are already loyal, and therefore they will serve potentially new customer's first? Kind of like how Cable, Mobile/Cell, Car insurance and Satellite TV providers work.... Noobs get the deals; existing loyal customers get...................................................................... the shaft!

In addition to myself, I noticed over 20 people went from Blank -> AUG/SEPT/OCT this morning (almost all with 19" wheels). RN1146-RN1148 all went to AUGUST, RN1149 all went to SEPT and RN1150-RN1153 all went to OCT. It appears that things are starting to move! Or maybe it's just the monkey having some fun.
1145. 19s. Went to August this morning from blank for more than a month. I’m numb at this point, nothing will surprise or phase me.

For the folks that have gotten their cars, when did Tesla actually call you to setup delivery? My date range starts today through Saturday for delivery.

One person on this thread reported calling their SC instead to schedule the delivery. They apparently had the car there, but must've overlooked the scheduling? I plan to call my SC this morning to try and get a delivery time scheduled rather than waiting for them to call me.

One person on this thread reported calling their SC instead to schedule the delivery. They apparently had the car there, but must've overlooked the scheduling? I plan to call my SC this morning to try and get a delivery time scheduled rather than waiting for them to call me.
Only reason i ask is because i have no way to even know WHEN the car arrives, id assume it would have to be some sort of logical time frame at arrival to actually schedule it. If you schedule it for say Wednesday and the car arrives Friday.... Itll be all messed up.

Only reason i ask is because i have no way to even know WHEN the car arrives, id assume it would have to be some sort of logical time frame at arrival to actually schedule it. If you schedule it for say Wednesday and the car arrives Friday.... Itll be all messed up.

Once you have a VIN, the SC should be able to track where the car is and estimate exactly when it will arrive.

I had a good service experience today. I went in to get the rear seat replaced due to wrinkles. The service advisor greeted me and took my car towards the back after telling me that he will talk to the mechanics and come back with a time estimate and a loaner.
I was pleasantly surprised when he came back with my car in 15 minutes with the new rear seat installed! I was pretty pleased knowing that I won't have to go through dropoff/pickup hassle.

In addition to myself, I noticed over 20 people went from Blank -> AUG/SEPT/OCT this morning (almost all with 19" wheels). RN1146-RN1148 all went to AUGUST, RN1149 all went to SEPT and RN1150-RN1153 all went to OCT. It appears that things are starting to move! Or maybe it's just the monkey having some fun.
My RN11512 went to AUGUST, not OCT. Looks like others in Ontario are also seeing AUGUST. If so, first shipments to Canada start this month. 🤞

Still recently blank for me. I have a cybertruck and solar wall order as well hoping they care about losing me ha.
If they don't care about me...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 12.47.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 12.47.40 PM.png
    418 KB · Views: 92
If they don't care about me...
It’s a little tricky for those orders placed prior to the price increases. Hypothetically if someone cancels a Plaid order placed prior to the 9th of June, Tesla will just sell the car right away to someone else for $10k more. A pre-price increase cancellation would hurt the person canceling, especially if the person changes their mind in a few months and wants the car and ends up paying the higher price.
Edit: if someone changes their mind and just doesn’t want the car, that’s different.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
It’s a little tricky for those orders placed prior to the price increases. Hypothetically if someone cancels a Plaid order placed prior to the 9th of June, Tesla will just sell the car right away to someone else for $10k more. A pre-price increase cancellation would hurt the person canceling, especially if the person changes their mind in a few months and wants the car and ends up paying the higher price.
This is exactly why I would cancel. Knowing that if someone else cancels it doesn't push me up in the line, just gets someone who JUST placed an order a car faster. Whats the point of being an early adopter and believing in the company if the company doesn't appreciate those people?

Yes, business is business. But businesses rise and fall based on how they treat their customers. The people who love this car will most certainly get another one, and they will have the same experience we are having now. So Tesla will lose us and gain others now, just to lose the people they gained now in a few years.. It's a cycle that needs to break.

Hello, new member here. I ordered my in the beginning of July and it said estimated delivery for July until yesterday. Now blank. RN11529XXXX. MSM 21's, white with carbon. Hope it comes this month. Was kind of caught off guard with that estimated July delivery date right after ordering.
Unfortunately, the same has happened to many of us. My current order placed the 26th of May showed June but it disappeared 2 days later. My initial June EDD turned into my current EDD of August 16-27.