Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update on my end: I've been able to speak to 3 different people at Tesla (including my contact) this week, and they're basically telling me the same thing:
  • 19" wheels have finally entered production and are starting to ship
  • Estimated delivery dates will not necessarily appear before a VIN is assigned, which is done as vehicles exit production
  • Once a VIN is assigned, things move very fast (especially being in the Bay Area and picking up at the factory)
  • There are internal systems in which they can check a projected delivery range for a given reservation
On that last one, I got slightly different ranges from every person:
  1. Mid-August to mid-September
  2. September
  3. Mid-August to October
All three folks were very careful not to divulge more information than that, and kept repeating that these are estimates that can change.

So I haven't learned that much, but at least there seems to be forward motion with 19s, which we've seen here already.

I'm fully expecting to remain with a blank EDD until I get a notification that a VIN has been assigned to my order, at which point it will be mad rush to get everything ready for delivery.

I have wrapped car with track armour just to cross country from NYC. Made it myself, looks like a *sugar* but I need to protect paint. Also made full tint and windshield clear bra. Ready to plaid 3000 miles!
Lmaooo I give you credit for caring about your car so much that you're willing to do anything to protect it. omggg that looks horrible lol

Update on my end: I've been able to speak to 3 different people at Tesla (including my contact) this week, and they're basically telling me the same thing:
  • Estimated delivery dates will not necessarily appear before a VIN is assigned, which is done as vehicles exit production
  • Once a VIN is assigned, things move very fast (especially being in the Bay Area and picking up at the factory)
  • There are internal systems in which they can check a projected delivery range for a given reservation
  2. September
  3. Mid-August to October
All three folks were very careful not to divulge more information than that, and kept repeating that these are estimates that can change.

So I haven't learned that much, but at least there seems to be forward motion with 19s, which we've seen here already.

I'm fully expecting to remain with a blank EDD until I get a notification that a VIN has been assigned to my order, at which point it will be mad rush to get everything ready for delivery.
LET'S GO!!!

So earlier today:
Talked to a human at Tesla about my weeks-old trade-in hold. He said he believes they’re just holding on those so they don’t expire after 30 days again; that is, they release the quote when a VIN is assigned or something. Right. So, in my case, he said the inspection was completed, so he would push it through so I could see the price “within a day” or so.
…and then an hour later my SA called and said she’d been on vacation (I think) for the last week, she was sorry she hadn’t gotten back to me, and that she needed new pictures of my car because that’s what was keeping my trade-in from happening. So I sent them to her for the fourth time and she said she got them.

I decided not to mention the previous conversation I’d had. It somehow seemed rude.

I just hope it wasn’t a test I failed.
</kafkaesque>

Tesla called me (are one of you here working for tesla lol?) Apparently, it's not a big issue, and set up a tentative delivery for Sunday supposedly to my house.
I'll guess there's at least 1 Tesla employee that's been posting here in disguise
Yes
There are people that sit on a wallet that allows them to freely spend on whims. Oh, that looks like fun. I want one. I get one. A few months later, I want something else. Capitalistic redistribution of wealth. It's actually a good thing.

And a booming stock market helps. Folks involved in real estate in FL and TX have been killin it lately.

2. September
  3. Mid-August to October

Thank you for sharing this. Much appreciated.

2. September
  3. Mid-August to October

The fact that your plaid+ conversion is out in Sept/Oct, it agrees with my SA estimate from the same internal secret source. Albeit I have white CF which hasn’t started delivery for anyone at this point.

Sad that they won’t update EDD while we wait. I wonder what the logic is behind leaving us in indefinite limbo.

Here is an excellent representation and explanation of the benefits of the carbon-wrapped rotors on the MS Plaid:
Note: these are just explaining the benefits of the type of rotor in general, this isn't discussing the MS Plaid's specifically, which are even more advanced with their wound construction.

Is this a sign? Now my Cybertruck reservation is above my MS reservation. Freaked me out for a sec when I clicked manage where I usually do and it popped up the cybertruck instead. Was like damn now my MS is gone. Lol.

What in the world.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210805-211010_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210805-211010_Chrome.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 44