Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Side bar question... As a new Tesla to be owner...with the regenerative braking, and the limited need to use the the actual brakes, are Tesla vehicles smart enough to put on the brake lights as the car slows down on the highway or coming to a stop even though you are not physically using the brakes? I suspect if not, that might be a bit dangerous, no? Is there a setting? Now back to delivey issues... :)
Yes. With the S, it's locked in one pedal mode. As in there is no 'creep' or 'roll' setting for the vehicle's behavior. So with that mode, the brake lights come on about halfway to a quarter out of regen. So like, there's a dead spot where the vehicle is neither accelerating nor regenerating, and a little bit after that as you pull out the pedal more, the brake lights come on. From that point till you fully lift off the pedal, the brake lights are on. Once it goes into 'brake hold' at a stop, the brake lights stay on also. Keep in mind that the brake pedal actually physically moves when the brake hold engages. This is the same for the 3 and the Y.

Sorry for this long explanation, but it's a little hard to put into words.🙂

Yes. With the S, it's locked in one pedal mode. As in there is no 'creep' or 'roll' setting for the vehicle's behavior. So with that mode, the brake lights come on about halfway to a quarter out of regen. So like, there's a dead spot where the vehicle is neither accelerating nor regenerating, and a little bit after that as you pull out the pedal more, the brake lights come on. From that point till you fully lift off the pedal, the brake lights are on. Once it goes into 'brake hold' at a stop, the brake lights stay on also. Keep in mind that the brake pedal actually physically moves when the brake hold engages. This is the same for the 3 and the Y.

Sorry for this long explanation, but it's a little hard to put into words.🙂
Perfect. Thank you. I'll have to evaluate behind my Tesla with someone else driving to observe too......

Side bar question... As a new Tesla to be owner...with the regenerative braking, and the limited need to use the the actual brakes, are Tesla vehicles smart enough to put on the brake lights as the car slows down on the highway or coming to a stop even though you are not physically using the brakes? I suspect if not, that might be a bit dangerous, no? Is there a setting? Now back to delivey issues... :)
Brake lights go on with the regen braking; I had the same question before I bought my Jag I-Pace EV (1st EV). Brake lights go on in the Tesla’s too with regen braking.

Are those Tesla all weather mats? How do you like them?
I have the all weather mats for the refresh and they fit pretty well. Coverage could have been bette but they are solid quality made by weathertech
F8B400F2-7D16-4720-95D7-8B7A345ABD79.jpeg

D8A5C955-F737-47D6-B51F-2417F6FF5888.jpeg

Update:

Checked my email tonight and the rep who was helping me and offered the MSM with 21s “informed me” (more like told me firmly) that if I wanted to take the car offered I would have to pay up the $10k increase…

I was seriously considering taking the car but this has gone too far. Making a customer happy should be their top priority. Yes a business is a business but without people like us, they wouldn’t have a business.

They offered the car. They should honour my original pricing from 8 LONG MONTHS AGO.

I emailed back that I will take the car. I’ll be driving there on Monday… I’ll be taking the car without the $10k increase. But I didn’t let them know that. Fighting 🔥 with 🔥.
@sam3194 good luck! If it helps, I was told that Tesla will allow a one-time change without pricing increase for orders placed pre-refresh. When did you place your order?

Have either of you also tried Carvana or Vroom or some other such service? IF yes, were their offers any good? I have a trade in quote form Tesla, but whenever i get a reasonably firm delivery date on my new MS I will also get a quote from Vroom and Carvana. Vroom gave a good high price on my MX a few years ago.
The 78K was the highest instant offer I got. I believe Vroom was the second highest at 72K.

So I went to the factory myself today to supercharge my car because v3 and it was on my way. The logistics lot was filled with MY, some M3, and a couple MS. Not a single refresh X to be seen (as shown in the flyovers).

I did also check out the Factory Direct delivery lot and it had a handful of Plaid MSs in mostly darker colors with Black and Cream /Wood interiors. I did see one Blue/Cream/CF MSP ready for delivery, which was a nice combo IMO. All 21” wheels. One white/cream/wood MSLR also there.

Update:

Checked my email tonight and the rep who was helping me and offered the MSM with 21s “informed me” (more like told me firmly) that if I wanted to take the car offered I would have to pay up the $10k increase…

I was seriously considering taking the car but this has gone too far. Making a customer happy should be their top priority. Yes a business is a business but without people like us, they wouldn’t have a business.

They offered the car. They should honour my original pricing from 8 LONG MONTHS AGO.

I emailed back that I will take the car. I’ll be driving there on Monday… I’ll be taking the car without the $10k increase. But I didn’t let them know that. Fighting 🔥 with 🔥.
Good luck! Let us know how it goes. I don’t understand why they wouldn’t honor the pricing you already locked in.

Is it when it unlocks or locks? The former is normal - especially after sitting for a while. My quoted post, you said unlocks. Your original post was saying when it locks.
I should've said unlocks. It all makes sense now 🤓

What did the Billet badge set you back? When’s it coming?
It's going to be around $270 per piece IIRC. There is no delivery estimate yet, still waiting to start planning which might be another 4 weeks.

Ahh I see, how many miles per year did you go for? Do you know if they give you a buyout option after the lease?
I leased for 15K miles per year and the lease agreement has a buyout value listed. All-in-all, it's a lot more expensive to lease, especially with interest rates being so low 🤬 But, I think EVs will continue to evolve and I will want to upgrade in a few years anyway. Then, I can buyout + trade in, or just turn in the car.

Here's a breakdown in terms of costs:
Total amount paid during 36 month lease $85,649.24
End of lease buyout $74,972.60
Car price $138,190.00

So, if I were to buyout at the end of the lease term, I will have spent:
$85,649.24 + ($74,972.60 * 1.10) = $168,119.10

And, that's assuming I do the buyout in one lump sum at the end rather than another smaller loan. If I were to calculate a loan at 2.5%, that would be: $162,184.97

So, if I actually want to keep the car, I should get a loan, otherwise in 3 years I'll have spent $6k more to own it. In my defense, I don't have a mortgage and my existing car is a Volvo, so I was getting *sugar* loan offers because I didn't have any comparable loan for $138k, despite having excellent credit. So, I just went with the lease for path of least resistance.

Last edited:
View attachment 693674

There are a few of us who have white interior.

Nobody has said they don't exist. Besides at least @ssv22 you took delivery eoq... There haven't been any delivered as of recently. I've seen those that have seem to have wrinkles (a few members here have posted needing seat replacements on white interiors)

At least with 19s y'all knew what the slowdown was. No idea what the slow down is on the white interiors. And even Tesla's site had that white interiors won't start deliveries till Sept... Something happened before y'all's earlier deliveries and now where we stand with no deliveries really happening.

Yes. Again. I understand they exist. And every once in a blue moon one gets delivered.

They come on sort of half way in stopping or if you are going fast enough and let off the accelerator suddenly. You will see the brake lights on the driver's display screen when they are activated.

In an ICE car, I would coast on the highway some times if traffic was doing something that required me to let off the gas but nor apply the brake. That took a little getting used to with the regen but it is great on this vehicle.

Update:

So they are wanting to charge you the new price if you change the order? What did you change? How does the car offered differ from what you wanted to order?

From your last paragraph, you agreed to take the car (not directly stating but implying) with the $10k increase? Without publically tipping your hat, how will you convince them to take the $10k increase from the bill?

I like that the brake lights come on automatically. I once mentioned that this happens with Teslas in a Reddit thread in response to someone saying no car does this sort of thing. I was called a liar and got downvoted into oblivion. When others backed me up, the response was “well there aren’t a lot of Teslas so that means there aren’t any cars that do it.”

Damnnn the Plaid in most cases can pull on a 1000hp ZR1! HOLY F*CK!!!!! AND HE'S HITTING THE 163 MPH LIMITER! WHAT HAPPENS AFTER 200MPH IS UNLOCKED!?🔋🔋🔋🔋🔋🔋🔋

Btw @AnselmDante, your favorite YTer with the steady filming skills is back!

This is one of the best Plaid video's I've seen yet!! Owner of the ZR1 is right, under any realistic conditions the Tesla is going to win. And the tires he has to run on that beautiful ZR1 (and it still spins!!!) really takes away from the looks of the his car. How much money did he have to spend on his ZR1 to achieve that power? I think that car is over 1000 rwhp. Could not have been cheap (way more than Plaid I am guessing). Looks wise though, IMHO, Corvettes are hard to beat.