Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went to watch the sunset tonight and the way the red changes throughout the day really caught me eye! It’s insane how sexy this thing looks 😍

View attachment 694073

View attachment 694076
View attachment 694079

Also, the last question about trunk space made me realize I only sent photos with the back seats down, here’s with them up:

View attachment 694088
That was my favorite part of the Red MC -- the MSM shifts a bit under different light conditions, but nothing like the Red MC.

Won't matter--BT is like a wood chipper for sound quality. And, yes, there are high quality BT codecs available, but I don't think any of the are supported in the car right now.
Annnnnd, I just checked...the car won't use the phone hardwired to USB as an audio source. :rolleyes: Someone here called it and was correct...kind of hard to believe, but whatever. Looks like a USB drive is the only viable option for hi-def.

The lossless Apple files through Bluetooth yielded next to no gain. But I did pay more attention today and I think the system could sound decent with lossless files. There's the "Immersive Sound" options in the audio settings. For the iPhone BT connections I settled on Normal for the time being.

Won't matter--BT is like a wood chipper for sound quality. And, yes, there are high quality BT codecs available, but I don't think any of the are supported in the car right now.

Is BT really that bad? It uses the AAC codec according to my phone.

Screenshot_20210809-105457_Settings.jpg

Annnnnd, I just checked...the car won't use the phone hardwired to USB as an audio source. :rolleyes: Someone here called it and was correct...kind of hard to believe, but whatever. Looks like a USB drive is the only viable option for hi-def.

The lossless Apple files through Bluetooth yielded next to no gain. But I did pay more attention today and I think the system could sound decent with lossless files. There's the "Immersive Sound" options in the audio settings. For the iPhone BT connections I settled on Normal for the time being.

I play 24/96 FLAC's in my MYP and think the sound system overall sounds fantastic. Like amazing actually.

Anyone in NJ expecting delivery this week had their EDD updated to a narrow window? I ask because my MSP is/was the train to NJ as of this weekend and I am expecting a text today to schedule delivery with the assumption that it's on the truck to VA today.

Just wondering folks in NJ got their dates pulled up with a train coming this past weekend.
I'm not in NJ but close enough. My EDD just tightened up a bit today.. Previously was Aug 17-23 and now showing Aug 15-21.

What did you use as temporary protection? I’d like to do something similar until I can get PPF done.

If enough of us do this and post photos, how long before an EV article saying Tesla is shipping cars with trac film? 😂

Did they honor the $8k FSD you locked in last year? I'm getting my Plaid this week and they still didn't change the price for me. Can you share what shop you are going to?
My paperwork shows 10k for fsd so we shall see. The shop I'm using is STL Auto Detail in Chesterfield Mo
I didn't know you were that far south in IL. They just submitted a case for my FSD pricing so if they change the price I'll let you know.

My paperwork initially showed $10K. I emailed the OLA that reached out to me from Tesla during the Plaid+ conversion and said I’m not seeing the $2K discount that was promised. An hour later, there was a $2K rebate line on the paperwork. Never actually got a response to my email, but got my discount 😂

Is BT really that bad? It uses the AAC codec according to my phone.

View attachment 694268
Sound quality depends on finding a codec both sides of the connection can support. If there is no advanced codec in common, the link will default to SBC which all BT devices support. I have not had the oppty to dig in to see what the Plaid supports.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I play 24/96 FLAC's in my MYP and think the sound system overall sounds fantastic. Like amazing actually.

This is my experience too. Whenever FLAC support is fixed (or you have another Tesla), HD tracks has a free sampler--suggest downloading and taking a listen.

Waiting on my CTS-V to get sold, I may switch my interior combo around to see if it'll speed things up. White with carbon seems to be the problem. There was another black/black long range dropped off at the devon PA store yesterday. I had stopped in at the store in the KOP mall and they couldnt give me any info on my order.
In a drunken rage, I placed an order Friday for my same config but with Black wood.. A day later I have a delivery window for Aug 11 - Aug 22.

so they will happily take your $10K and get you a car ASAP. Even if the configurator tells you next year.

A fun $100 experiment that costs you $10K lol…

BTW I now like Black ebony much better than white CF. Haha.

8d770785-78f8-4b04-a560-f11518f017e8-jpeg.694287

Attachments

• 8D770785-78F8-4B04-A560-F11518F017E8.jpeg
    8D770785-78F8-4B04-A560-F11518F017E8.jpeg
    133.2 KB · Views: 123
Last edited: