Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone in South Florida get assigned a VIN or actual delivery date? Went to local service center to get some info on my blank status and SA told me my car will go into manufacturing in Dec
But you just ordered last month (and this month too? I’ve been told “mid-Sept - mid-Oct” for delivery but I ordered on 2/5/21. I’ve already been waiting for > 6 months!

Attachments

• B4FD11AC-9CB5-4661-B21F-46CB47DE4870.jpeg
    B4FD11AC-9CB5-4661-B21F-46CB47DE4870.jpeg
    93.9 KB · Views: 55
There is no way to tell the difference between a long range and plaid from the exterior besides the badge and spoiler. If someone got an OEM spoiler and plaid badge and put them on a long range - you would not be able to distinguish that it’s a “fake” plaid with your “careful” eye. You gonna open his door and inspect the seat stitching and ventilation holes? What if he has tinted windows? 😱 what will you do then?
Then I would be screwed; you are absolutely right. I do wish there were more differences between the two on the exterior.
But, as they say, it's what's underneath that really counts. When the driver puts their foot down, you'll be able to tell. Is it pulling away like a M5 or harder than a Chiron?

Reactions: Caliboi707
But you just ordered last month (and this month too? I’ve been told “mid-Sept - mid-Oct” for delivery but I ordered on 2/5/21. I’ve already been waiting for > 6 months!
I know I shouldn’t be complaining but seeing few guys getting deliveries within weeks of ordering isn’t helping and my trade-in value going down. I ordered second one just to see if a miracle happens and I get it before my original order.

SA in WPB told me they’ve had 1-2 guys refusing deliveries every week so let’s see if we get lucky.

99% People here, have no clue even what a Tesla is. Simple Fact! A Models S LR means nothing, A Model S Plaid, means nothing, might as well be the best you can be.
This is so true, I had someone ask me if my LR+ was a plaid at Peachtree Corners supercharger no less.
looking at my M3 I just recently got wrapped, my wrap guy removed all badges, front and rear T and dual motor stuff. Wondering if my car is an SR+ now ?
I think people mod their cars for themselves, other people’s opinions don’t matter.
Heck I’m gonna put plaid badge on my wife’s Honda , if anyone has a problem with that, too bad!