Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for an opinion here. Have an order RN11537XXXX. Model S, grey on white with 21 wheels and FSD. I got moved from October to February. Really want this color combo but I can live with cream. I have tried placing a new order but the dates are farther out than my current EDD. Would trying to change my interior color move me up?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Looking for an opinion here. Have an order RN11537XXXX. Model S, grey on white with 21 wheels and FSD. I got moved from October to February. Really want this color combo but I can live with cream. I have tried placing a new order but the dates are farther out than my current EDD. Would trying to change my interior color move me up?
It might move you up, but will you really be happy with it? Sounds like you really want the white.

Someone posted earlier that their Plaid with a white interior went from December to August / September after a white to cream change. So it is worth a shot. Looks like you are already post price increase, but if not, just know you will incur the price difference on the increase.

I just did my subpanel to the garage ... $350. Prob soon will run the wiring to the charger, have the 4/3 armored at work and will not cost anything ... DIY is the way to go for sure!
It'll go between the two garage doors.
Nice! I think electrical is pretty easy as long as you’re not scared by working with wire. I think dealing with voltage scares a lot of people.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Most likely yes. But..for me, I went with black a few years back on my prior S when I really wanted white. Never felt 100% satisifed with the black.
Not compromising again this time. Lifes too short.

In the box there is an instructions pamphlet- on the front of that is a sticker with your SSID, your password to the local wifi. You use a mobile device to connect with that SSID and PW. Once there you go to 192.168.92.1 to access the setup. You can set the region, the max power capability and then add it to your wifi network. I learned on another thread it does not like WPA3 security so be aware of that.
Squared away!! I guess I should've read the instructions!! But who the hell does THAT? Thanks for the info.

Update from tonight:

RN113953xxx ordered 9/22/2020 Plaid/red/blk/CF/19 EDD BLANK
RN115453xxx ordered 8/8/2021 Plaid/red/blk/CF/19 EDD Sep 13-30

The plot thickens.. is the first order about to get a VIN? Or has it gone back to the black hole of early orders?

Is Tesla playing games again prioritizing profit margins, or are the monkeys having a laugh?

Place your bets, ladies and gentlemen! Next update circa 7am Pacific. Good night :)
Ah, got an EDD update this morning! Back to a super narrow August range (Today, 8/12-8/17), as the for WA delivery Model predicts. Details in siggy below! :D

I just got my VIN!!!! ☄️🎉. @jebinc , you predicted the date perfectly. That said, my delevery date went from 8/13-20 to FEBRUARY, similar to what happened to you. I choose to believe that part is a mistake. Did you ever hear from Tesla about your EDD?
@bananaheim No worries, bruh, mine returned to a range of "Today to 8/17"! As I mentioned yesterday, somewhere, I believe the reversion was back to the original EDD month, while the handoff from the production tracking system to the transportation tracking system occurs (overnight refresh)! Siggy for details! The question now is, should I still go through with it or just keep my defect free 3 and $104,000? Tough one, really.
@WilliamG

Last edited:
EDD Sept 4-24. Finally an update!

Jan 28 order, had 21" and got EDD end of June, then EDD blank, changed to 19" 6/17, first EDD update since that change.

'21 MS LR Black/Cream, 19", AP | Order 1/28/21 (RN 11441) | EDD September 04 - September 24
EDD change to a day earlier!! EDD Sept 3-23.

Heading in the right direction. 👍🤞

@SSELECTRIC I switched to MSM Cream/Walnut and my date moved up from January to mid august - check out the details in my siggy below.

Consider going more than 100/300 coverage. Go for $500k/500k if you can usually it adds very little to your premium. Also jack up your umbrella policy as high as you can go. Especially if you're going to be driving a 1040hp supercar.
There is no real limit on how high umbrella coverage can go. You just have to find the right carrier. My carrier offers $30 million of coverage without having to do anything special, but I think they will go up to pretty much whatever you need.