Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
sept 20-30 moved to oct 5-25th now and will officially have to cancel so someone steps up to a black cream 19 lr ordered in fn february. Will never go through this process again and will never buy a tesla. Was a dream car and this process soley has taken away any will I want in the car. It cost house in sardinia and i'll buy a used but this is completely unacceptable.

Not to rain on anyones parades but Tesla always finds a way to make you wait. First you wait for the car, then you wait for the broken software to be updated lol.

Currently on: 2021.12.25.5
Software car hasn’t updated to: 2021.12.25.7, 2021.24
Missing features that other same model cars already have: Dashcam Viewer (makes me mad), Disney+ (could care less for)

after contacting support about the car being behind on two updates but saying “up to date”, they said “two weeks boi”

I added both me and my wife to the registration when I purchased it earlier this year, which has turned out to be a risky mistake. With the new timelines, I am concerned that it may become available when she is out of town.

Questions for the experts:
  1. How strict are they about both people on the registration showing up for delivery?
  2. And if they're strict, is it possible to remove her from the registration in the chance that after 6 months of waiting, they schedule delivery in the 4 day window when she's not available to join me at pick up?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Oh, look, my estimated delivery just went from 8/27 - 9/10 to February… *but* I got a VIN.

So, either that's the adrenaline hiccup just before I get a phone call and asked to pick up a car in a couple of days *or*... I dunno, I'm in a Christopher Nolan movie and time is moving sideways.

Any guesses?

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: umair239
I added both me and my wife to the registration when I purchased it earlier this year, which has turned out to be a risky mistake. With the new timelines, I am concerned that it may become available when she is out of town.

Questions for the experts:
  1. How strict are they about both people on the registration showing up for delivery?
  2. And if they're strict, is it possible to remove her from the registration in the chance that after 6 months of waiting, they schedule delivery in the 4 day window when she's not available to join me at pick up?
1. As strict as your state law is about it. So likely iron clad.
2. as easy as your state laws allow and depending on your financing arrangements.