Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update on my third Model S Plaid order, date is continuing to update and move lower. Latest update is Aug 19 to 25th. This order I placed only on July 31st. On my first order, I placed it back in January. I was going to trade in my 2020 Model X P100D, they had gave me a $90K trade in…. Then as things got delayed, the trade in went from $90 to $84, then I rejected the offer. More delays and a few months later, they solicited me with a $94k offer which I accepted. Last week I moved the trade in to my third order. They came back with an updated offer of over $100k! Crazy. If the delivery date trend continues, I might get it on Wednesday! Can’t wait! Followed by my second order a day later! LOL
As buyer corners the market on Plaids. Goodonya.

Providing the occasional update to my order - still blank almost a week after the e-mail went out. Checked with a contact I have and they don’t even have an estimate for me within their system. Anyone with similar configs got any updates lately?
Join the white interior waiting room...

Just a quick note on tire noise.
I went from the stock 21s to TSW 20s with 275/35 all the way around. Ride quality went up as expected with the lighter rims/tires. The "thud" was reduced when hitting a bump with one wheel. The car seems to hunt just a tad bit more at max acceleration. Tire noise through the chassis into the cabin went UP a noticeable bit :(

To what do you attribute the increased noise?
Which tires did you switch?

Apparently Tesla does their model year thing quite differently than most or pretty much all other auto mfgrs; it’s model year designation depends on the actual year the car is built. So, yeah, no 2022 model year MS until 1/1/22. This is what my Tesla RM explained to me. I agree it’s annoying but Tesla does almost everything quite differently so it’s no surprise. Keep your 2021 order dude.
FWIW, My 12/6/2020 X delivery was a 2021 model year

I have 19s. No basic charger that I know of at DFW. But possibly could charge prior to leaving IF I need it. Hoping and praying I won't need to. Literally waited YEARS to buy an EV because they could never support my mileage/distance needs.
It sounds like you’re a fellow pilot. I just picked up my MSLR so I don’t have the data as of yet. But I know I have a Model 3 I use as an airport car in my domicile. I turn off sentry mode and leave it for weeks at a time. During those long sits, the car will only lose MAYBE a mile a day, but often time less. Ive gone 20 days with no charge and it only lost 10 miles. So if you are willing to park it without Sentry, I think you will be fine.

I am more worried that the government will force manufacturers to put a governors on all electric vehicle. e.g. 0-60 above 6 seconds
They already forced all new EVs to make noise. They love to force their will on our lives. That is why I want my car and Cybertruck delivered asap. Before some idiot thinks they need to slow down our vehicles in the name of public safety.
What would keep them from slowing them down after you take delivery?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Sorry guys. Tequila Friday got the best of me. Will share in the AM!
Wait a minute….it was / is the AM 😂

7D2D55A8-B1DF-4E07-A253-D99BBBB851E4.jpeg

OK, where is @gabeincal?! Suffering from withdrawals as to what's happening at Fremont. Really needing something positive to see whether the X is even on the horizon for this year since August deliveries are being pushed out to December. Tesla/Musk better have some serious answers for this upcoming August 26th presentation. Production might be hard but planning seems to have been thrown out the window if it's taking them a full year to get production back up and running.

On Wednesday, I picked up my Plaid from Kansas; I did not notice any paint or panel gap issues. Initially, I was like WTF regarding the yoke, but I had to drive about 300 miles back home, and upon getting home, I was very comfortable with it. Now, I have no issues with it at all.
I did have some things in the interior not tucked in properly.
This car is fast, I honestly don't see why it should be this fast on the road, but I do love it!!

The only issue I have now is that I've been stuck on software version 2021.12.4.9

On a side note: My LR order now has an EDD of Oct 29 - Nov 20.