Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The yoke blocks my left side view camera and that made changing lanes a bit sketchy. I know eventually the software will allow me to move it to the other side of the screen, but I think right now I have no way to reposition it.

If you swipe across the top of your rearview camera pane from left to right, it moves to the right side of the screen. Swipe left to bring it back to the left side. Problem solved. At least it does in my car, version 2021.12.4.9.

Played around with the car a little today. My wife and I spent a good 20 minutes trying to access the dashcam footage. We could not figure it out. Voice commands were not doing it. There is no camera icon where all the web searches say it should be. It allows me to record, and it allows me to save. The Tesla USB stick is there, I just can't seem to pull up any footage.

I’m on software version 10.2 (2021.12.4.9)

This is a feature, like automatic noise cancellation, or unlocking the 200MPH top speed, that hasn't been implemented yet. Says so right in the manual (I know, no-one reads the manual anymore).

Screen Shot 2021-08-21 at 3.13.51 PM.png

Did a 100+ mile drive in my wife's MY16 90D. That big fat round steering wheel was hovering way to high up and was kinda in my way. I guess Elon is good at retraining ole guys like me. I did find the blinkers with greater ease in her car and man do I miss lane change on blinker. I do not think I will ever get used to those crappy turn signal buttons but at least I seem to like the new wheel better.
If anyone is interested, I was able to retrofit the model 3 collar/stalks nicely with the yoke in place, and am working on a modification to make the yoke turn signals into music control while using stalks for turn signals and shifting. TBH it looks, dare i say, good, even with the yoke. I still maintain that removing stalks was silly over-minimalism.

Played around with the car a little today. My wife and I spent a good 20 minutes trying to access the dashcam footage. We could not figure it out. Voice commands were not doing it. There is no camera icon where all the web searches say it should be. It allows me to record, and it allows me to save. The Tesla USB stick is there, I just can't seem to pull up any footage.

I’m on software version 10.2 (2021.12.4.9)
Wiki 2021 Refresh S - Missing/Incomplete Software Features

It's fixed as of 2021.24.X, I also did not have it on 2021.12.25.5 (firmware upon delivery)

If anyone is interested, I was able to retrofit the model 3 collar/stalks nicely with the yoke in place, and am working on a modification to make the yoke turn signals into music control while using stalks for turn signals and shifting. TBH it looks, dare i say, good, even with the yoke. I still maintain that removing stalks was silly over-minimalism.
I cannot wait to see the final results of this.

I noticed something interesting on the LR delivery blog. MGMiller and I have the same car on order (except for FSD)

MGMiller (Long Island, after 1st $5000 price hike):
Ordered July 29, 2021. RN 11539. S LR. White, cream, 19". No FSD. EDD started at Feb-March 2022, currently is Nov 27- Dec 17 2021

Me (Fort Lauderdale, before 1st $5000 price hike):
Ordered May 10, 2021. RN 11492. S LR. White, cream, 19". FSD. EDD started at Sept 2021, currently is Dec 1- Dec 31 2021

Does anyone out there have the same car ordered after the 2nd $5000 price hike?

Looks like $5000 buys you a BIG advantage on EDD.
What's the big advantage?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I have like 4 other plaid orders. White on black with cf just got a Vin. delivery this week it says.
are you in the white interior database?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Ok, just saying btw @ICUdoc30, that if you really like the look of the CF (and especially the type Tesla uses), a wrap will not replace the look. No matter how good the 3d printing, and especially with the texture of wood that Tesla uses, a wrap not only won't replace the look of CF, but it may look worse, because the the "CF" has a wood grain look to it. @TorqueMonster was having the same issue of deciding between the wood or the CF a while ago, and I mentioned this to him as well. Now having felt the wood in real life, there is no way a CF wrap would work. Hope this helps.🙂
I ordered originally in August so price increase not a factor and I’ve already updated my design so many times already. Ha. I updated to Cf on both my red MSP orders with black and white interior. EDD holding steady September.

@AnselmDante - have you seen @MrExitStrategy video of issues on YouTube? Actually genuinely curious if you have/notice any plasticy-sounding noises from the door handles when you pull on them (or if you try to pull them or up down when extended) or if your dash makes a squeaky plasticy noise if you push on it when the silver/wood/vegan leather all meet.

Really wondering if he just got a really bad batch (sorry bud)

I like the way that looks. Do you have any guess at to what type of mileage reduction you get by having the covers off ?
@mmanner For the time being, until I get new wheels, I plan to use the Aeros when hitting the road (freeway trips) and remove them for my mostly retired around town driving. Don’t believe I will notice any mileage hit going this route.

Edit: Anyone know an easy way to remove the center caps without having to remove the wheel or scratch the rim paint?