Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sooo. This happened. Don't have a car yet. But be damned I'm gonna have good ambient light.

Who else looking at mods? I'm getting impatient lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210821-170210_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210821-170210_Chrome.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 91
@AnselmDante - have you seen @MrExitStrategy video of issues on YouTube? Actually genuinely curious if you have/notice any plasticy-sounding noises from the door handles when you pull on them (or if you try to pull them or up down when extended) or if your dash makes a squeaky plasticy noise if you push on it when the silver/wood/vegan leather all meet.

Really wondering if he just got a really bad batch (sorry bud)
I'm curious as well!! I genuinely hope it's just a bad batch and that yours doesn't do it (and hopefully they'll replace them with the new ones on mine :) )

If anyone is interested, I was able to retrofit the model 3 collar/stalks nicely with the yoke in place, and am working on a modification to make the yoke turn signals into music control while using stalks for turn signals and shifting. TBH it looks, dare i say, good, even with the yoke. I still maintain that removing stalks was silly over-minimalism.
Been following this - as someone not at all scared to turn some bolts and not at all scared by embedded systems, would love to get the details of what you’re using.

So I placed my order in early August, originally Plaid/Blue/CF/21” and then changed to Plaid/MSM/CF/21”. My current EDD is 9/13 - 9/30. I would be more than happy with either Blue or MSM and with CF or Wood. Anyone think I would be better positioned changing my order from CF to Wood or would I just risk getting pushed to the end of the line?

@mmanner For the time being, until I get new wheels, I plan to use the Aeros when hitting the road (freeway trips) and remove them for my mostly retired around town driving. Don’t believe I will notice any mileage hit going this route.

Edit: Anyone know an easy way to remove the center caps without having to remove the wheel or scratch the rim paint?
Make a ball of Duct Tape (sticky side out), press the ball against the cap for several seconds, quickly pull the cap off. This may take a few tries...

OR, drill a small hole in the cap ( hopefully in a non-obtrusive place), stick an L-shaped pick tool or hex key in the hole, grip the other end with pliers, and PULL.

Vistan