Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Realistic delivery time if I were to place a new order for a Red Plaid - 21" - Black/CF - No FSD ?
I have that exact config on order but with White/CF interior and I would prefer not waiting until March. I would easily take a black interior if it meant I could get a delivery within the next couple of months.
Tesla would show Dec-Jan on the website
Then March after you place the order
The next day, September 15-30
Realistically, October

(feel free to ask me how I know all this)

Tesla would show Dec-Jan on the website
Then March after you place the order
The next day, September 15-30
Realistically, October

(feel free to ask me how I know all this)
I'll be the guy to ask: how do you know this? finished my profile last night when it was showing march and this morning still showing march, it's a weekend though so i'm kinda expecting that

Realistic delivery time if I were to place a new order for a Red Plaid - 21" - Black/CF - No FSD ?
I have that exact config on order but with White/CF interior and I would prefer not waiting until March. I would easily take a black interior if it meant I could get a delivery within the next couple of months.
I have your orders except the 19 wheels. Region will matter at this point as well. California always finishes the quarter due to logistics. My white/cf and and black/cf both slated mid September

I'll be the guy to ask: how do you know this? finished my profile last night when it was showing march and this morning still showing march, it's a weekend though so i'm kinda expecting that
Because I’ve placed 3 new orders in the last two weeks for nearly identical configs.

Feel free to click on “MarcG said” at the top of each previous post of mine to view the history, starting with this latest one:

The magic 7-day window finally appears for one of my orders!

RN113953xxx ordered 9/22/2020 Plaid/red/blk/CF/19 EDD Sep 9-29
RN115453xxx ordered 8/8/2021 Plaid/red/blk/CF/19 EDD Sep 10-30
RN115507xxx ordered 8/17/2021 Plaid/msm/blk/wood/19 EDD Aug 24-31
RN115525xxx ordered 8/19/2021 Plaid/msm/blk/CF/19 EDD Sep 11-30

What does the latest @jebinc theorem say about how soon to expect a VIN?

I’ll have to ask. I’m not sure they’d give the car away. I think I’d have a good basis for a legal suit if I had already paid for that particular VIN. But I’m definitely concerned about finding issues on delivery. So far the Service guys and Sales Persons I’ve spoken with here in Texas have been very helpful.
I picked up on Friday, and brought a cashier's check to the delivery. Didn't "pay" (sign docs or turn over the check) until I was satisfied that all issues were corrected. (Teaxs is probably different due to the "delivery" in CA scenario. )

I picked up on Friday, and brought a cashier's check to the delivery. Didn't "pay" (sign docs or turn over the check) until I was satisfied that all issues were corrected. (Teaxs is probably different due to the "delivery" in CA scenario. )
Clarifying question: did you mean "until all issues were going to be corrected", or did you wait until Service completed all known issues before taking possession?

My experience at the Dublin, California center (SF Bay Area) is very different. I've gotten initial emails and voicemails from a specific SA each time I placed orders -- both my M3 in 2018 and the MS earlier this month. In fact -- it's been the same SA both times. He responds to my emails under an hour, and is super-competent, and avoids overpromising.

It's to the point where I want to find a way to talk to his boss and give him excellent feedback.
I have to pile on, that the experience _can_ be really good. I had excellent communication from my SA (once I had a VIN), my delivery times did slip, a little (but per @jebinc predictions), but my SA was on top of it, set a delivery date that stuck, and the delivery experience was great. So, bad/ no communication for months while waiting for 19s to get produced, but it was good once they started rolling out.

Clarifying question: did you mean "until all issues were going to be corrected", or did you wait until Service completed all known issues before taking possession?
Actually, before taking possession. My issues were 2 small paint chips that nobody but me would have noticed - fixed with touch up on the spot, and 2 missing fasteners in the wheel well which were also fixed on the spot.

Looks like financing didn't work out for someone.
I had one of those on my floor, too (before delivery prep). I have one of (maybe _the_?) first 19s delivered at my SC. Production date is first week of Aug. I got the VIN just a couple days later. Could they really have had a sale fall through and get the car to me that quickly?

I should ask my SA what it is - he's been very open with info.

I saw both Plaid with 19s and LR with 19s. Tires were identical as per my post P Zero TO Elect.
At least here in CO the 19s are summers on my Plaid. Don't know if it's regional, but we certainly get snow (not as harsh as Northern plains, but if they're doing any AS, you'd think we'd get them here).

6ED89D82-1FD0-4334-AFB2-ACFC7318E716.gif