Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perhaps in true definition of the word, correct. But I was referring to slang.

"What's loot mean in slang?
Slang. money: You'll have a fine time spending all that loot."

And loot has long been a generic slang for Money (at least in the US). And since Elon loves slang and gaming and farts and other non-formal things, not suprising he would use slang or encourage use of slang as it relates to Tesla products

But I also get that different people are offended by different things. I saw an article where some people are offended by the name "Washington Football Team". There will always be someone "offended" by..something. Im getting old so I tend to ignore most things and I think the being offended part goes over my head sometimes. (I have to sometimes be reminded that Im supposed to be offended at things).

Then again, Im the kind of guy that goes to Comedy Clubs to pay to hear "offensive things". Im also the kind of guy that pays MORE attention when the newcast says "what you are about to see may be disturbing or offensive". 🤣
Loot CAN be money, if it is found, stolen, or won. Nobody refers to their paycheck as loot.

As for the term being used by Tesla, my point is less about it being offensive and more about the stupidity of a major company thinking this is a good term to have permanently tagged to the cover page of their app. It has a negative connotation applied to it because of the predatory way in which it has been used during the last decade. I too enjoy offensive humor and use politically incorrect terms all the time. I just think they are completely ignorant to what it means in today's lexicon, and have chosen something that does not convey joy , humor, or playfulness to anyone aware of the issues currently linked to the term.

Sell shares in another company, not TSLA... or sell covered call options.
I get it, and to each his own financially. I just cant bring myself to tie up that much cash in a depreciating asset when statistically and historically, speaking, over the next 60 months that cash in the market will make significantly more than what I can get a new car loan for...

I have had zero luck today reaching the Matthews(Charlotte), NC store. Nobody answered. I don’t know if I’ll fly commercial with COVID. I may have it sent to Florida for $500 or cancel. First World Problems
FWIW I’ve flown back and forth to CA a dozen times starting April 2020 without incident. Mask discipline in airports and on planes very high in my experience.

FWIW I’ve flown back and forth to CA a dozen times starting April 2020 without incident. Mask discipline in airports and on planes very high in my experience.
I agree with this. However, the risk is higher..

Can flying on an airplane increase my risk of getting COVID-19?

Yes. Air travel requires spending time in security lines and airport terminals, which can bring you in close contact with other people and frequently touched surfaces. Most viruses and other germs do not spread easily on flights because of how air circulates and is filtered on airplanes. However, social distancing is difficult on crowded flights, and you may have to sit near others (within 6 feet), sometimes for hours. This may increase your risk for exposure to the virus that causes COVID-19.

Reactions: impastu
I think skydiving is safer than Florida these days. Last I checked the hospitals around the Miami area were completely full - like beds in the hallways full.
Rumor is some of the afghan refugees in Kabul heard that one of the flights was heading to Florida, and they said "oh. No thanks. We'll just stay here. Safer".

Hi all,
I'm wondering - has anyone since the refresh had any luck seeing a VIN populate in the website html when it doesn't show normally on the account?
I don't know if this jedi mind trick is relevant anymore.
Just wondering - thanks!
I'm pretty sure they fixed this a few months ago, you won't see it in there now until it shows on the page itself

I don't think the 2021.5 Tesla S LR will be as depreciating as prior times. If I ever get my Jan order, I'm paying 12K less than if I purchased it today. I'm betting with the current inflation situation, the LR will cost around 110-120K in lets say, about 3.5 years from now. I'm betting my $80500 LR will be worth $75K in 3.5 years
My recently totaled model 3 was able to be reimbursed for the same amount I paid for it (after incentives) back in 2018. If I had only this happened a couple months later, I'd probably would have gotten 5k more. The insurance company were still using comps from January.

Less than 2% are some rates right now.

But to answer your point, to not tie up your cash in a depreciating asset but rather, have that cash net you (on average) higher than 2% via diversified investments over 60+ months...

This country was built on leveraging other peoples money..
I already do that. Why pay someone interest when you don't have to? I'm making more on my investments already and have enough cash to pay for the plaid several times over, so why would I pay even 2% interest?