Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah exactly. We just don't know how comfortable the Roadster will be though. Maybe the seats are super uncomfortable? As long as it's the same or more comfortable than the S I'll be really happy.

I would be really surprised if the seats are not as comfortable as the S model. After all it is a "roadster", and will have a 600 mile+ range. This car will be meant to drive comfortably long ranges. This is not going to be a Dodge Viper ACR race track comfort level type of car. For comparison purposes I expect it to be of the same ilk as other manufacturer "roadster" models. As others have noted it might be a while until this car is available (2022-2023).

btw, I "googled" the definition of "roadster" and found:

"Roadster defines a vehicle that has an open top, two doors, two seats, and is made for sport. ... It is not a race car by any means, but it is enough to keep the average driver on the edge of his or her seat"

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Yeah this is the second time I see a Lucid in about a month. They're definitely testing them around the Bay Area.

Thanks Omar! I hope you're enjoying yours as much as you did on day 1 :)

Thanks! No idea what the fix is on the roof glass scratch, the service center will have to resolve it.

The car drove fantastic, though I have to admit: I was expecting more oomph on acceleration 🙃 maybe it was because of the low SoC, but I did feel the car pulling pretty equally at different speeds. It's charging at home now, I'll test again tomorrow of course.

As for my other orders, I just cancelled them all. Only the white Plaid with black/CF interior had a VIN, and it's sitting in Colma. The other two orders did not get a VIN yet, as the EDDs were second half of September.

Interesting on the acceleration as others have noted. Have you considered plugging in a draggy? Unless you like run top fuel dragsters, this car should feel like a rocket shop...LOL. I've been in multiple 1000+ rwhp ICE cars and the Plaid accelerates faster than most of them. Maybe it's how smooth the car is that is making the power that is deceptive. At lower speeds is where it really feels the most dramatic due to G forces. Or maybe you are just someone who needs a lot more power...ha! 🤣

Prior to personally having the opportunity to drive a Plaid, I too was worried about being let down due to hyped up expectations. I can tell you for certain, the opposite happened. It was crazier than what I thought and none of those crazy Plaid hype videos even prepared me for what I experienced. 0-100 MPH....I need no more.......LOL. that being said, I did not get a chance to thoroughly evaluate the car at higher speeds. I look forward to doing that in the future however. But I suspect my power crave will be happy to invite more G's as those higher speeds.

Last edited:
Interesting on the acceleration as others have noted. Have you considered plugging in a draggy? Unless you like run top fuel dragsters, this car should feel like a rocket shop...LOL. I've been in multiple 1000+ rwhp ICE cars and the Plaid accelerates faster than most of them. Maybe it's how smooth the car is that is making the speed deceptive. At lower speeds is where it really feels the most dramatic due to G forces. Or maybe you are just someone who needs a lot more power...ha! 🤣

• Love
Reactions: TorqueMonster
You're way off base on this. Making humorous remarks is not being disrespectful. Most people here are above the age of 50. If you still can't think of a penis at that age without feeling disrespected, you have bigger issues to work on than forum etiquette.

🍆
I missed the post that triggered that, but what if the defect looked like a foot? Would it be bad etiquette? Just wondering if some body parts are ok and others are not. You know I always strive on being on the right side of stellar forum etiquette.

Anyone driven both a Model S plaid and a Model 3 performance? How different does the acceleration feel? Also, Model S plaid Vs raven acceleration feeling?

A colorful explanation would be appreciated.
M3P was my daily driver for 3 years.

The Plaid, I kid you not, feels 50% FASTER than my M3P. And keeps pulling right up to 100MPH (fastest I’ve been) unlike the M3P which eases off after 60-70MPH. I guess that makes sense - M3P is 500HP+, Plaid is 1000HP+. So twice as powerful but a heavier vehicle.

HIS WAY
And now, the end is near
And so I face the final curtain
My friend, I'll make it clear
I'll state my case, of which I am certain
I've lived a life through this that's full
I plan to travel each and every highway
And more, much more
I did it, I did it Tesla’s way
Regrets, I've had a few
But then again, way too many to mention
I did what I had no choice to do
And saw it through without exemption
I planned to no avail each charted course
Each careful step along the byway
And more, much, much more
I did it, I did it his way
Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew
And through it all, whenever there was doubt
I took it all and cried it out
I felt so horrible and small
And did it, did it their way
I've loved, I've laughed but mostly cried
I've had my fill; my share of losing
And now, as tears subside
I find that it's all so amusing
And to think I did all that
And may I say - not in a shy way
"Oh no, oh no, not me
I did it his way"
For what is a man, what has he not got?
If not himself, then he has naught
Naught to say the things that he truly feels
And not the words of someone who kneels
That record shows I took all the blows
Because we had to do it HIS way!

GOT MY VIN AND DD….😂

Last edited:
Picked up yesterday in Dallas - literally took 5 minutes to accept and take off and I do mean take off. The difference between the 3P and this beast is wicked. I did not expect the drive to be as smooth and imposing. The S is considerably larger. Gonna make a great road trip vehicle.

Yoke, I’ll need sometime - too much muscle memory and I’m not 100% sold on the touch buttons. Might just be me but real buttons may have been better. I hit the blinker all the time.

For my Texas folks. Way different experience this time with Tesla financing. Everything is done while the vehicle is in transit.

For those watching EDD. Maybe not so much until you get a 7 day window, then a VIN. Once you get a VIN is relatively smooth sailing.

welp now i'm really confused.

RN11394xxxx (VERY early. like the instant ordering was available early, on September 22nd 2020.)
black exterior, white interior, 19" wheels, carbon fibre trim.

initially told "we'll be delivering Q1 2021". Then "July" for a very long time. On August 1st, my delivery date went blank. Then it became February (!!!!)

the "February" bump was very frustrating for me. It will mean i waited a year and a half for my car, and a full year longer than i was initially promised.

yesterday i noticed the estimated delivery date switched from "February" to a specific window in late October / early November. Hooray!!!

But today it is completely blank. :mad:

I understand part shortages but it feels like i am getting repeatedly bumped to the end of the line.