Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update: plaid red/white/21/wood- last 2 weeks EDD has stayed Sept 2-22 with no real change. Called the SA and they see the same and think I should be getting the VIN. I don’t believe this *sugar* tho… sept 2 is almost here and no VIN.

When will I get my car Elon!!!
Not sure where you are in Texas but drove by the Dallas Oak Lawn store this afternoon in hopes that my car was waiting there on me. There were at least 7 new Plaids in the overflow lot. Most were 21s and a variety of colors.

RN1147 MSM/19/Cream/Walnut EDD Sept. 17-30

Finally got my LR back from detailing. The detailer had it since Tuesday. I have to admit it was frustrating to have to wait so long, but the owner, Jared, was honest about not having enough help this week, and in the end, he came in on a Sunday, a day he is never open, and finished the work on my car. He called me at 5 PM on a Sunday to tell me it was done, and even waited the 45 minutes it took me to get there.

The work is beautiful. 35% tint on sides and back, front PPF to include cameras and mirrors and ceramic coating on the whole car. He removed the front plate holder , readjusted the frunk rubber seal issue I told him about, cleaned the dirt my family left on the floor mats and vacuumed everything. All of that was free of charge. Very impressed with the attention to detail.

Now I get to drive it until my service appointment on 7 September, to fix delivery issues.

View attachment 703067View attachment 703068View attachment 703069View attachment 703071
Kinda want red now...

Finally got my LR back from detailing. The detailer had it since Tuesday. I have to admit it was frustrating to have to wait so long, but the owner, Jared, was honest about not having enough help this week, and in the end, he came in on a Sunday, a day he is never open, and finished the work on my car. He called me at 5 PM on a Sunday to tell me it was done, and even waited the 45 minutes it took me to get there.

The work is beautiful. 35% tint on sides and back, front PPF to include cameras and mirrors and ceramic coating on the whole car. He removed the front plate holder , readjusted the frunk rubber seal issue I told him about, cleaned the dirt my family left on the floor mats and vacuumed everything. All of that was free of charge. Very impressed with the attention to detail.

Now I get to drive it until my service appointment on 7 September, to fix delivery issues.

View attachment 703067View attachment 703068View attachment 703069View attachment 703071
Ya gonna wing it with just the back plate? I did and have forever in MA…left it on after the last inspection with the plastic ties. Hmmm…once I take that holder off the LR there’s nowhere to “tie” it on for inspection at minimum looking at your pics. I got a guy that looks the other way on the tint but draws the line on the plate. He actually used the ties because I forgot the screws when I grabbed it that morning. 🤔 Decisions, decisions…I’m just gonna be all fugly with the 19’s and a plate holder! 🤪
Looks good. I think you helped me make my mind up on 35. The 30 has always been a challenge at inspection too. Black on black and all…Though I think I’ll do 30 on the back…gotta be a rebel somewhere here! 👊🏻

Last edited:
Ya gonna wing it with just the back plate? I did and have forever in MA…left it on after the last inspection with the plastic ties. Hmmm…once I take that holder off the LR there’s nowhere to “tie” it on for inspection at minimum looking at your pics. I got a guy that looks the other way on the tint but draws the line on the plate. He actually used the ties because I forgot the screws when I grabbed it that morning. 🤔 Decisions, decisions…I’m just gonna be all fugly with the 19’s and a plate holder! 🤪
Looks good. I think you helped me make my mind up on 35. The 30 has always been a challenge at inspection too. Black on black and all…Though I think I’ll do 30 on the back…gotta be a rebel somewhere here! 👊🏻
The front plate holder was simply taped on. When it is time for my inspection, I will simply arrive without a plate, break out a few 1/4" double sided 3M "wall safe" foam tape, and stick the original Tesla plate holder to the front. After the inspection, I plan to pull it back off before I even leave the lot.

For those of you, like me, that live in a front-plate required state but are, like me, going without, I bought one of these.

Admittedly, it's a little pricey. I'm not worried about front plate moving violations - I haven't gotten one on my previous cars - but it's mostly for parking, where meter cops are way more strict about front plates here (at $50/pop for front plate violations, I figure this is worth it). It is made specifically for the refresh S (I'm waiting for my perm plates so no photos yet). Fits perfectly and works really easily (on and off).

I have no affiliation with the company that makes these, I'm just sharing because I was looking for exactly this option: SnapPlate Model S Removable Front License Plate Mount

Last edited:
For those of you, like me, that live in a front-plate required state but are, like me, going without, I bought one of these.

Admittedly, it's a little pricey. I'm not worried about front plate moving violations - I haven't gotten one on my previous cars - but it's mostly for parking, where meter cops are way more strict about front plates here (at $50/pop for front plate violations, I figure this is worth it). It is made specifically for the refresh S (I'm waiting for my perm plates so no photos yet). Fits perfectly and works really easily (on and off).

I have no affiliation with the company that makes these, I'm just sharing because I was looking for exactly this option: SnapPlate Model S Removable Front License Plate Mount
Very cool! Bookmarked for future consideration.

The front plate holder was simply taped on. When it is time for my inspection, I will simply arrive without a plate, break out a few 1/4" double sided 3M "wall safe" foam tape, and stick the original Tesla plate holder to the front. After the inspection, I plan to pull it back off before I even leave the lot.
That’s a great freaking idea 😆…seriously. It’d be on like 10 minutes. Genius. 🙏

How does everyone feel about charging to 90%? This is my first EV. I here a lot of people recommending 80%, but the Tesla app defaults to 90% for daily driving.
I've always charged to 90% on all my Teslas. Never noticed any issues. Maybe if you are going to keep the car for 10 years and want to preserve every 0.1% of battery capacity for as long as you can it matters, but for most of us that keep the car less than 5 years I don't think it matters that much.

How does everyone feel about charging to 90%? This is my first EV. I here a lot of people recommending 80%, but the Tesla app defaults to 90% for daily driving.
Either is fine.
Try to avoid going over 90%
we charge to 90 if there’s a chance of a long trip in the near term. 70 or 80 when only short trips are likely. Our March 2018 Model S 100D was initially 335 miles. Now 319 after over 3 years & 42,000+ miles. Rarely charging over 90 even at Superchargers on long trips WA to So Cal (1100 miles)

Anybody feeling this look with the PPF in Blue? I'm on the fence of this vs gloss.

XPEL Stealth with Blue

Attachments

• DSC08505-min.jpg
    DSC08505-min.jpg
    455.8 KB · Views: 74