Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats, your car looks very beautiful.. I am interested doing PPF for my Tesla in next few months, do you see any expose seam line ? do they wrap the rear of the car by 1 piece or there is seam line connection right the end of spoiler on both sides
Thank you
My car is in for stealth right now. They remove the fender cameras and the rear spoiler and do the rear deck in one piece. They said my paint quality is very good. No correction required.

My car is in for stealth right now. They remove the fender cameras and the rear spoiler and do the rear deck in one piece. They said my paint quality is very good. No correction required.

Keep thinking about stealth but I think I am too old for it. Also, the blue stealth almost has a purplish glow I do not like. Talked to them today and they will get me in on Tuesday - I have until then to decide.

Keep thinking about stealth but I think I am too old for it. Also, the blue stealth almost has a purplish glow I do not like. Talked to them today and they will get me in on Tuesday - I have until then to decide.
Too old for stealth/ matte finish? That's what my wife said to me after saying I/we would look ridiculous in it. That's why I appreciate [SIZE=3]MarcG[/SIZE]'s pics of the MSM stealth. I think it looks great. 🤞

Reactions: impastu
Getting a LR white/black interior with the 19s delivered in Northeast Ohio this Sunday. Called the SC and they said all 19s come with the Pirelli summer tires. I can't for the life of me understand how/why they are delivering summer tires in colder climates. Not sure what to do at this point but I surely don't want to have to spend $1,500+ to get winter tires or a winter set.
I have same and my Model S 19 is in NE Ohio too next week. Will just cancel order if I can’t get all seasons with it. I have no desire for all seasons in NE Ohio. Always have all seasons and snow tires. Never asked for all seasons and won’t accept it.

Do you have a professional interest in Pirelli?

oh and pour voter you too?

I would not try to “precut” a hood. My detailer says even though they have templates, they custom cut the hood to wrap it around the edges and corners for seamless look.
Any recommendations on where to get PFF done in Houston area?

I apologize if this has been discussed. Has anyone noticed that Tesla is offering Plaids that are "in production?" I look at the "existing inventory" fairly casually, but I've seen three Plaids that are "in production" and offered with "no est. delivery fee" to my location (about 25 minutes from Fremont, CA). I'm just curious if this means Tesla no longer has an order backlog? Or is it just related to the inevitable EOQ push for those of us in Northern California?

Very unscientific but it feels like the car is sitting on a wet bathing suite that is starting to "kick in". It just does this squirming thing on top of the tires that feels like a half speed orbital sander in your hand.

It is the type of feeling that perks me right up in just about anything with power as, just after this happens and it only happens for an instant, everything gets bad sideways of you do not have quick hands. Not the Tesla. It just keeps on doing it all the way through 100 mph while still going reasonably straight.

I have yet to figure out if it is my elbow pulling unevenly on the yoke or available grip that causes the car to yaw just a bit requiring correction. I think it is my arms not be anchored sufficiently.

Sorry for all the words and touchy feely descriptions. I do not have the vocabulary for something that you do not have to catch with counter steer.
Also depends on if there is any “touching involved” :)

I'm pretty sure it's the tires. The 21s (or the new Zero G 20s) with the ZR tires are probably good.
Maybe Tesla will allow 19" owners to unlock the extra speed if a SC installs Michelin Pilot Sport 4s tires on their 19s.

Edit: or maybe there's a new tire that isn't out yet. I think ZR tires are rated for 186mph, not 200.
ZR along with (Y) means that the tires on the Arachnids are certified for "the vehicle's top speed"; above 186 mph. In this case, it would mean that these are speed rated to 200.

Congrats, your car looks very beautiful.. I am interested doing PPF for my Tesla in next few months, do you see any expose seam line ? do they wrap the rear of the car by 1 piece or there is seam line connection right the end of spoiler on both sides
Thank you
Thanks! There is a very fine seam line where the two PPF films connect on either side of the spoiler, as I asked them not to remove it (had bad luck with my M3P spoiler in the past). But it’s very small and hard to notice, unless you’re explicitly looking for it.