Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, that ****s me up a bit. I think you’re the second guy to say that.

While waiting for my Plaid I have time to think. Having the quickest car ever sure is super appealing. But yeah it’s not like the LR is slow. Plus my car will be driven on the street 99.9% of the time meaning I won’t be able to enjoy the extra power that much without getting in trouble. Where I live, over 100mph they impound the car for a couple weeks so you have to be prudent with the go pedal.

Not that the LR can’t put me in trouble. But it should be more than enough to keep me happy as a commute car and I can just pocket the extra $$.

I am sticking to my plan of waiting for my Plaid until the end of my Oct 26 EDD. After that all bets are off.
I think I’ve decided to sell my 2 plaids, take delivery of my LR in October, and if I’m still yearning for a plaid I have a white/whitecf saying early December now and that’s the one I’ll keep.

I’ll put the $60k I saved not going plaid towards building a TT R8 or something.

We just got our LR back from the detail shop and got a chance to really drive the car. Getting used to the yoke will be a learning curve but I am sure we will get it soon. I may never overcome getting dizzy when punching it in Insane Mode (I get sick on carnival rides, lol). We kept accidentally turning on the wipers when touching the right yoke controls. Perhaps a double tap to activate it would be a solution. All in all, so far so good. We updated to software version 32.5 with no apparent problems so far. I think that my tires are summer rated (104Y) even though I was told upon ordering and at delivery that they were all season. I have put in a service request to have them changed out and am awaiting a response.

MS LR, AutoP, 19" White/Black Ordered 3/6/21, RN11460 Delivered 8/28/21 - Long Island, NY

Regarding the potential AS tire, @rhuber did some digging and it appears it will be the Conti that Tesla has been using on other cars. If you want to do the tire swap thing, there is there are Michelin Sport AS that fit the Cardenio rims -- thread: 19" Wheels Secured + info on an OEM All Season Tire option.

Thanks for finding this. While the Continental are all seasons, we had a set of those on another car and they are not great in winter weather. It's literally the only tire in my life I chucked early and went with Michelins.

I guess it's still better than the all season. If you live anywhere with snow ... we'll see how they perform. AWD will probably help a bit tho.

Both of the others had to stop for charging so the SoC depended on how long I charged. That is why I did nit mention the other two. The Model 3 was on 20’s, both S were on 19’s
When you’re say “had to stop to charge”, at what SoC did they arrive at the charger? Or what negative charge would they have arrived with at the destination?
For example if your left at 80% and it would’ve used 110% then your destination arrival SoC would’ve been -30%

For anyone with the $4500 arachnids/summer tires looking for winter wheels/tires, I have these listed here. Not really interested in shipping. Located in central VA/90 mins south of DC area.

That's a great deal for someone in need of a winter set-up.
Woohoo! They're dropping my car off at my house at 2pm tomorrow.... then I need to leave at 2:15pm for an appointment.
No stress or anything there, lol...
Awesome !!

I can verify this! My plaid is faster than every two wheeled vehicle I own. I never thought that would happen. Too bad it does not wheelie.
Me too!
73A231F2-09E7-4C09-91E3-34CE51B4132E.jpeg

Soooo…When your vin is in hand and edd window stays consistent and you get within days of the 4-6+ day window, call any Tesla number as it doesn’t matter and hunts to next available anywhere in the US (usually NV or CA) and prompt through to the deliveries option. Like others, it took a voicemail but got a call back within 24 hours. No promises during the call. Good discussion. Here’s the point. Like others, and within 30 minutes, I got the email and text to pick my delivery day and time. It’s one day outside my 6 day window but that gives me even more confidence. I was also (during the “recorded” call) able to to voice my concerns and request all season tires if the pre delivery inspection shows 19” summers. Followed up after asking and getting her email, with an email thanking and asking same about tire swaps if needed and that she’d note it in the system. Just layering on the documentation and asks because it’s all I can do with limited control of the situation.
I took a test drive in May. Someone from Fremont called same day about my intent to buy with name, number and email address including email of colleague. I never called my local SA ever after order. Never called Fremont. I was in no rush, had the Gen 3 charger installed, bought my floor mats, my ssd drive, Jack pucks and let the craziness on moving dates et al play out being told the day I bought it’d be probably October anyway. Now I’m exerting some effort and taking back some semblance of control by leveraging that initial contact information back from day one. All subject to change but have a hard delivery date of 9/13 11:30 am as of today. 🤞🏼🥷

Attachments

• D182DB41-7F79-4F8A-8115-94EFB7ECB83A.jpeg
    D182DB41-7F79-4F8A-8115-94EFB7ECB83A.jpeg
    188.5 KB · Views: 51
There have been rumors that FSD might speed up your order. Mine was FSD and full price. Per my sig below mine was delivered ridiculously fast but was almost certainly a fluke. It did however earn me a warm welcome from @Leodoc :D
My SA (who was previously thought to be deceased), did tell me that FSD "guarantees" that your order gets filled earlier. It is just pure math and better for the Co to show higher margins. This is esp true at EOQ and Yr End. So, more $$ = More $$.

My estimated delivery was originally October, moved to February, then Blank, and now shows December 9th - 29th.

I will be on the other side of the country spending the holidays with my family from December 17th - January 3rd.

I honestly hope it goes back to February.

I would hate for it to be ready in December, not be able to take delivery because I’m out of town, and get pushed to the back of the line after months and months of waiting.

Does anyone know how long they’ll hold your car if you’re on vacation when delivery is ready?

My estimated delivery was originally October, moved to February, then Blank, and now shows December 9th - 29th.

I will be on the other side of the country spending the holidays with my family from December 17th - January 3rd.

I honestly hope it goes back to February.

I would hate for it to be ready in December, not be able to take delivery because I’m out of town, and get pushed to the back of the line after months and months of waiting.

Does anyone know how long they’ll hold your car if you’re on vacation when delivery is ready?
Hate to say it, but end of the year? Not a chance. They are going to bounce that car to someone else. The thing is - it is so far away, it has a chance to go either way, pull forward or push back. I doubt it is going back to February. It could pull forward into late November / early December. We have seen some people who had 9/15 - 9/30 pull forward to 9/3 - 9/6 or similar. So over the course of October and November - it could move. I would hold on.

Just got off the phone with Tesla rep and they notified me that Tesla has a service note to not deliver any S's with even the most minor issue (until its fixed) Apparently they've tightened up their inspection list

but then again...I'd take that statement with a grain of salt
I would say that isnt true, my DA was very press to get me out the door