Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They ****ed up for people like me though. I have no idea how the timelines are going to come together like this, but I'm still projected to get my model s in late October/November, but, Rivian has started their test driving program and I'll be able to drive one of those first. If that car is built well then that's the way I'm going, even if it is another year wait (probably go with a model 3 in the meantime). Tesla just rubbing me the wrong way all around

@lindell26 - wait, you got a plaid order in a month? LOL.
It really is not wise to rub Tigers the wrong way.

And yet, my SC Mgr told me to only bring a Bank Cashier's Check at delivery/pick up if I wanted to pay by check. IDK...talk to 5 different people at Tesla and you get 5 different answers. I can tell you that @lolachampcar told me (and has mentioned in this TMC thread before) that he figured that since Tesla previously accepted personal checks (for the entire purchase amount) before for his previous Tesla EVs that they would accept a personal check for his MS Plaid. However, that wasn't the case and they wouldn't accept a personal check. Perhaps it depends on the state and actual SC?
Actually, they did :)

Not offensive at all. It sounds like you don't really know what you want most of the time, so you just buy whatever is the most expensive, and this gives you peace of mind.

I had a friend once who hated doing what everyone else was doing. He told me by avoiding the popular things, he gets to make his own choices. When I explained to him that the people who decide what is popular are actually making your choices for you, it blew his mind. Because he was incapable of figuring out what it is he liked, he let the choices of others guide what he chose to embrace.

FOMO is a lot like that. When you can't figure out for yourself what is best for you, you just make sure nobody else has anything that is superior to what you have. It compensates for not figuring out what is best for you, but man can that get expensive.
Such a waste of a wonderful mind.

5D67922D-9B09-4EE3-B8B1-A63F0D6AFBF0.jpeg
FA7A4452-43E1-4DD8-A97C-1B2733BB28B9.jpeg
BA32CA34-EED4-4FF2-B059-CA5AD181C718.jpeg

Happened to be near Tysons SC while the trucks rolled in today, they dropped off roughly 5-6 MS; two were black plaids (the one on top of truck is mine) and one was a white plaid, others non plaid were MSM. All black interiors. Pictures really do not do the vehicle justice.

I’ve had my Plaid for 10 days now and I just tried drag strip mode w launch for the first time. I couldn’t find a good long empty straight strip of road so I only went from like 0-80. The car is crazy from any speed but wow, the launch is just another level of awesomeness. I assume I am not the only one who drove around loving the car but just didn’t try launch control.

Sooo if any refresh owners out there have been enjoying the instant torque but haven’t tried the launch control yet, I highly recommend checking it out. Big big smiles 🤩
What the Heck buddy! 10 Days!!!!! I would had done it in the first 10 Minutes:D

I’ve had my Plaid for 10 days now and I just tried drag strip mode w launch for the first time. I couldn’t find a good long empty straight strip of road so I only went from like 0-80. The car is crazy from any speed but wow, the launch is just another level of awesomeness. I assume I am not the only one who drove around loving the car but just didn’t try launch control.

Sooo if any refresh owners out there have been enjoying the instant torque but haven’t tried the launch control yet, I highly recommend checking it out. Big big smiles 🤩
I've had mine about that long too and am going to do launch tomorrow for the first time. I'm glad I am not alone.

Update - car was supposed to arrive from the railway to my SC 4 hours ago, but it’s still sitting in the railway.

I made friends with one of the guys at the Tesla call center and he gave me his direct extension. He said I can call as many times as I want today and he’ll ping the car’s location for me.
Update - car is still at the train yard and hasn’t moved sadly. It’s only 30 mins away from the train yard as well 😢

Antone know if Tesla does deliveries on Labor Day?

Antone know if Tesla does deliveries on Labor Day?
Think someone mentioned they booked a delivery for Monday. So it is possible. Do not want to say blanket statement that they are opened Monday / holiday. Would ask the individual that is able to ping your car.

Maybe ask to move your delivery appointment up? Might trigger something in their system to move the car?

Think someone mentioned they booked a delivery for Monday. So it is possible. Do not want to say blanket statement that they are opened Monday / holiday. Would ask the individual that is able to ping your car.

Maybe ask to move your delivery appointment up? Might trigger something in their system to move the car?
I asked him and he said he didn’t know. He said he used to be a logistics guy and is now at the call center (actually working in his living room)

View attachment 705217View attachment 705218View attachment 705219

Happened to be near Tysons SC while the trucks rolled in today, they dropped off roughly 5-6 MS; two were black plaids (the one on top of truck is mine) and one was a white plaid, others non plaid were MSM. All black interiors. Pictures really do not do the vehicle justice.

I love the black, and white. Actually love the MSM, red and blue as well. The refresh exterior and interior looks great in all the colors IMO. This is the first car in 20 years I’d happily accept a red car. The only red car I ever owned was a 1st gen Acura NSX.