Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The first time I did a partial throttle launch with my wife in the car, she screamed, said she felt her organs move and to not do that again, but then she giggled like a toddler for the next 20 min.
My sister screamed and wanted to get out of the car. She had a panic attack that didn't stop for an hour. I've had people get violently sick from just a few launches and they have ridden the craziest roller coasters with no problem.

Finally got it, not a great experience, but I accepted the car anyways. Will post pics tomorrow.

- Front bottom fender already scratched from shipping
- Right front door misaligned
- Leather issues on the right seat and back seat [scratches]
- No floor mats
- Trunk missing bottom cover AND top cover..
- Wax residue everywhere [detailing issue, paint is fine]
wow, they are missing floor mats too now? I had the 3 missing trunk pieces, but nothing else.

Got a chance to check the car out before delivery. Holy panel gaps. Paint looked good. Wasn’t allowed inside the car so could only do part of Marc-G’s checklist. The last one is the glass curved down. A little scary.

F51491F4-A6F6-4E71-BB8D-D98E419FF117.jpeg
7E61D97C-A45E-4842-B62C-2DF708EA28C4.jpeg
086236ED-A34F-4F43-BECA-64C351FCAF08.jpeg
26E894FB-0161-44EF-8B51-5BB7A1E91F5D.jpeg
6C04EE50-49AC-41D9-AEA9-ED3D0FDBAF15.jpeg

Last edited:
My sister screamed and wanted to get out of the car. She had a panic attack that didn't stop for an hour. I've had people get violently sick from just a few launches and they have ridden the craziest roller coasters with no problem.
My grandson yelled stop, my son the fireman laughed a little and I was a little nauseous. I’m sure we will all get use to it. It will be like space travel.

So, you are going to reject it?
Hell no! Just going to see what they may do. Paint looks solid and that’s my biggest concern. Seems like water entry may be possible with some of these gaps. Worst case I take it to the Tesla approved shop down the road that fixed our X’ panel misalignments.

Last edited:
I drove from the dealership straight to the detail shop. You have to make a decision regarding paint and areas that will be covered with PPF. My front bumper had scratches underneath. If I wanted it repaired by Tesla, I would have had to wait for the repair prior to PPF. I knew my guy could fix the scratches at no charge, so I was comfortable accepting delivery.

I would book the PPF appointment and make the call at the dealership as to whether you're comfortable or not accepting delivery.

Were your scratches from transit to the delivery center? Could you post details and pics of your scratches please? You can private mail me here if you don’t want them public for some reason. 🙏🏻

Finally got it, not a great experience, but I accepted the car anyways. Will post pics tomorrow.

- No floor mats

Could you please post pictures or send me a private message with pictures of your front bumper scratched form shipping? I am having some issues with some scratches / damage on the bottom side of my bumper from shipping but didn’t see it until after my 24hr grace period

I only have a couple of dozen files in various formats for critical listening/testing purposes right now--punting on investing time until things sort themselves out a bit more.
Hi, one more data point. I mentioned I tried the album 'The Raven' in 44/16 and 96/24, and the 44/16 worked and 96/24 gave an error. I happen to have it in 176/24 too (don't ask!), and to my surprise, that encoding plays fine! So, 44/16 and 176/24, GOOD, 96/24, BAD (at least for the time being).
EDIT: I think that someone else (perhaps you?) said that 48k files work too (not sure if 48/16 or 48/24).

- No floor mats

Lol, wow.
Update on my Red Model S Plaid with white interior and CF, have been moved up a month. Now showing Oct 12 - Nov 2nd! I think they are making progress with the white interiors!

Reservation number?

Got a chance to check the car out before delivery. Holy panel gaps. Paint looked good. Wasn’t allowed inside the car so could only do part of Marc-G’s checklist. The last one is the glass curved down. A little scary.

View attachment 707321View attachment 707323View attachment 707324View attachment 707326View attachment 707327

#reject