Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All—sorry I’m new to the board so apologies if I’m doing this incorrectly or in the wrong place.

I placed a LR order in May. Delivery date jumps around quite a bit—first October, then December, then December-Jan. Though frustrating that’s somewhat expected.

Thing is, I’ve literally never heard from a service advisor. When I placed the order, they placed a call/text to a family member) long story but essentially I took a family members M3 reservation several years ago and Tesla has never been able to sort out our contact info). I’ve called my local store, chatted online (which appears to no longer be an option), and the 800 number. Each time they say someone will reach out. They never do. The last two days I’ve waited on hold for 45 minutes to an hour to inquire and finally given up.

I was considering making some changes to my order—nothing huge, just exterior color, but want to make sure it won’t drastically impact delivery. Does anyone have any suggestions? This process is incredibly frustrating and making me consider looking at a different vehicle.
Your earlier order was pre-price hike. If you change your order, you will more than likely have to pay current pricing. I assume you have logged into your account to review your personal information to ensure it points to you and not the relative. I've always thoughts my account was the center of the universe as it relates to my order. Others here likely know more though.

Alpharetta, GA- Currently they have me paying cash but with low interest rates I think i want to take advantage of them. Here is my question- should I wait for a vin or go ahead and call and have them help me out. I am worried it will push my date back
So I'm picking up in Charlotte and my delivery date just changed from 10/9-10/29 to 9/26 to 9/30 :oops: I don't have a VIN but I'll be watching to see when you get one... lol - Financing shouldn't affect your EDD.

Obviously these things are difficult to predict, but based on what I've been reading myself from people's experience and from what other's SA have been saying, it shouldn't DRASTICALLY impact delivery date.

BUT, you will definitely pay the extra 10k price increase that occurred in July and August. So unless you absolutely can't stand your current color choice, it's probably best to keep your current setup.
Oh. Well forget that then. No color is worth 10 grand.

For those of you interested in “Yoke” training: 😂🤣

7CC1487A-B7AD-4F4E-916E-0917B5205D0B.jpeg

That cheap b***ard!
Not so much him as it is her. She got rich by being in the right place at the right time. As an insider, she was able to buy Nuance at fractions of pennies on the dollar before they IPO'd. She's so frugal, she only has one led bulb that she takes from room to room with her, so perhaps she isn't sharing? She drives (no joke) a 1976 Chevy Nova with the headliner tacked up to the ceiling with thumbtacks because it started falling down. I joke with her and tell her when she fills the car up at the gas station, she increases it's worth by 100%. But it's all relative. You spend your money on what you deem is worth it to YOU. Money is like a sixth sense....and you can't make use of the other five without it.

Going to a charity event on Sunday, there's always an ad-hoc car show that happens on the lawn nearest the event. There's normally not more than 10 cars in total, which are a combination of old, odd, beautiful, or otherwise notable. New and old. I figured, hey why not add my Plaid to the list... but how will people know why I thought it belonged to be there? Well, I cherry-picked some stats from around the web (YouTube drag strip runs, MotorTrend tests, as well as the page on tesla.com) and threw them onto a sheet. Bear in mind I am an engineer, not a designer... but I think it should do the trick.

Sure, I could have created another thread for this (and probably should have), but I don't feel the rest of TMC gets me the way you guys do... 😆 View attachment 707608

...and yes, I know *technically* the Nevera is the fastest now, but I'm gonna wait till they get a few more on the road before I give up that title, lol.
@DukeofURL Fan-fu**ing-tastic! Got that in a PDF you could post, please?? BTW, you WILL be removing that hideous front plate, right?? OMG, I should've got the red! So gorgeous. Congrats and let us know what comments you get after showing her off.

At Tesla right now to get some QC things fixed. Said they could take it in right now and have it done pretty soon they hope. Issues included a improperly attached headliner (picture attached), slightly misaligned rear drivers side door, and a slightly misaligned trunk lid. Nothing major. Overall very good compared to my last experience with Tesla QC in 2018.

Attachments

• BA0F7BF0-FA2C-4674-915F-EFE0AE7C94A5.jpeg
    BA0F7BF0-FA2C-4674-915F-EFE0AE7C94A5.jpeg
    351.2 KB · Views: 62
My Plaid Red, White/CF interior got pushed from 9/10-9/30 to 9/16-9/30. Still have very little faith it gets delivered this quarter considering everyone else with white interiors on the East Coast with an EOQ range still not having a VIN.
Considering you have a VIN, and I really think it's likely I'll have a VIN within the next few days for probable EOQ delivery on Wed, 9/29/21 or Thurs, 9/30/21, it seems like they're going to try to push the 'higher profit' vehicles for delivery by the end of the month (and yes, some with white interiors). I also think if I get a VIN in the next day or two or three, it's likely the car is either on the way to my local SC or maybe it's already there? I was told months ago that VINs are assigned just as the vehicle comes off the production line, but now I don't think that's true; I think VINs may be assigned much more "last minute." Crazy sh!t. 🤔 🤪

Last edited:
Considering you have a VIN, and I really think it's likely I'll have a VIN within the next few days for probable EOQ delivery on Wed, 9/29/21 or Thurs, 9/30/21, it seems like they're going to try to push the 'higher profit' vehicles for delivery by the end of the month (and yes, some with white interiors). I also think if I get a VIN in the new day or two or three, it's likely the car is either on the way to my local SC or maybe it's already there? I was told months ago that VINs are assigned just as the vehicle comes off the production line, but now I don't think that's true; I think VINs may be assigned much more "last minute." Crazy sh!t. 🤔 🤪
The process certainly causes for a lot of wishful thinking. I hope you get your car soon.

Considering you have a VIN, and I really think it's likely I'll have a VIN within the next few days for probable EOQ delivery on Wed, 9/29/21 or Thurs, 9/30/21, it seems like they're going to try to push the 'higher profit' vehicles for delivery by the end of the month (and yes, some with white interiors). I also think if I get a VIN in the new day or two or three, it's likely the car is either on the way to my local SC or maybe it's already there? I was told months ago that VINs are assigned just as the vehicle comes off the production line, but now I don't think that's true; I think VINs may be assigned much more "last minute." Crazy sh!t. 🤔 🤪
The VIN I have was an inventory car. Red, Black/CF interior, 21” wheels, no FSD. Both of my white interior reservations have had their EDD pushed back from original dates. No VINs for those.

The VIN I have was an inventory car. Red, Black/CF interior, 21” wheels, no FSD. Both of my white interior reservations have had their EDD pushed back from original dates. No VINs for those.
Well, certainly I'll let everyone know if I actually get a VIN this weekend or next week; if not, then, it's Oct delivery for me. Whaaaaaatver. :rolleyes: