Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picking up my Red Plaid with Black Interior/ Carbon Fiber on Monday 9/20!!!
I was at the SC yesterday, picking up a friend who was getting him Model Y’s windshield replaced. I asked for a peek at my car. Apparently it was still in an offsite warehouse. They allowed me to peruse the lot for Plaids & LR’s as I had never seen a ‘21 in person.
Didn’t find my exact configuration. But took several photos of all the elements.
Below…

Thanks for posting the photos!

Question - I've heard folks are noting imperfect seams / creases on their seats and wanting Tesla to fix those - are these the types of things folks are talking about and would ask Tesla to fix?

1631757790359.png

Attachments

• 1631757690015.png
    1631757690015.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 104
Drive the LR and you will immediately get rid of that FOMO. Based on what you are saying about your driving style, the LR will be more car than you need.

I'm starting to see this debate like when I was younger trying to buy a sport bike. I wanted the 1000cc, because...well, it's faster. The salesmen talked my young foolish butt out of getting something that was going to kill me. I got the 600cc, and the acceleration was still more than I could handle for a long time.

Now here I am at the other side of life. I see a lot of people wanting the Plaid not because it is what they need for driving, but simply because it is the best.

So to you my friend, I will give the same advice I received at 24 years old. Get the 600cc LR. You'll be impressed.
I think you hit the nail in the head. I drive like I have the parking brake on, but the FOMO is real. Like when my kids tell me the struggle is real. As is the insanity of the wait and no communication…thanks for the sanity check!

You aren't alone, when the deliveries first starting happening, I was on youtube all I was seeing was Plaid, Plaid, Plaid and I was fascinated greatly! Then I started to wonder if should just get a Plaid instead since they are delivering quicker, but after doing some "is the plaid worth it" google searching that calmed me down. The biggest factor was when I had my Hellcat, I LOVED it, the speed, the looks etc but I was never really able to unleash 700+hp like I thought I would when I bought it. I think I wanted it more so other people could KNOW what I was capable of if I floored it .... I don't need any of that now. I'm at peace with my LR minus $35K
That’s how I usually think. Then the, “but I want it!” Kicks in…

After 200 yes, but from 150 to 200, the Plaid would spank that M5. At a 1/2 or 1 mile race, the M5 may not be able to catch in time either. Not to put your car down at all, just wanted to point that out. :)
Yes, notice I said 220, a speed the model s will not reach :)

I don’t feel like my car is being put down. You’re just stating facts lol. And the fact is my m5 is no match for the plaid in any category except top speed.

No offense but 0-60mph in 4.2 sec is hardly impressive these days. Had a Porsche Macan Turbo that did that with ~ 475HP. Something is off if your car has ~ 750HP and can’t hook up on a launch to run low-mid 3.x sec 0-60mph. Anyhow, enjoy! 😉 Btw - Dinan produces mediocre aftermarket tuning…super conservative, not aggressive for way too much $$. Before I had an AMG and GT-R, I was in the BMW tuning world but with an older 3-series. Wasn’t impressed with Dinan compared with other BMW tuning companies.
It’s RWD, 4.2 is basically what Tesla was able to achieve with the p85 and the reason for not doing better was traction.
Yes dinan is very conservative, however their exhaust note is the best in the business, the others are too loud where I might as well delete the exhaust.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I read someone posted in past 4-5 pages (sorry unable to track it down now) FSD guarantees future hardware updates. Is that realistic, i.e, I am to-be first time tesla owner. Has previous owners with FSD got the hardware upgrades or is it just another Beta type deal that is forever 2-weeks out ..... Your input please....

FWIW, my EDD is stuck at Nov 10-Dec 1 but reconciling to the fact that it is good in a long run with 2022 vin and outside of EoQ. But will take it if I get it sooner ofcourse.... Afterall waiting since early April....

I read someone posted in past 4-5 pages (sorry unable to track it down now) FSD guarantees future hardware updates. Is that realistic, i.e, I am to-be first time tesla owner. Has previous owners with FSD got the hardware upgrades or is it just another 2-weeks out as other things..... Your input please....
Yes. Those with hardware 2.5 received hardware 3.0

I read someone posted in past 4-5 pages (sorry unable to track it down now) FSD guarantees future hardware updates. Is that realistic, i.e, I am to-be first time tesla owner. Has previous owners with FSD got the hardware upgrades or is it just another Beta type deal that is forever 2-weeks out ..... Your input please....

FWIW, my EDD is stuck at Nov 10-Dec 1 but reconciling to the fact that it is good in a long run with 2022 vin and outside of EoQ. But will take it if I get it sooner ofcourse.... Afterall waiting since early April....
At $200 a month to get the FSD subscription, you would have to keep the car for over 4 years before the $10k purchase up front becomes advantageous.

With all the talk here about how to properly leverage your money, and how so many of you won't even keep a vehicle for 5 years. Why is anybody paying $10k up front?

Yes. Those with hardware 2.5 received hardware 3.0

Thank you! Thats a great value then and likely breakeven sooner than later. Interesting no one brought this point up when there was pages of back and forth on value of FSD $10K a few weeks back... I was on the fence and planning to remove it but this alone likely is worth it as I plan to keep the car for a while.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
At $200 a month to get the FSD subscription, you would have to keep the car for over 4 years before the $10k purchase up front becomes advantageous.

With all the talk here about how to properly leverage your money, and how so many of you won't even keep a vehicle for 5 years. Why is anybody paying $10k up front?

Why is anyone paying for it at all? It's pretty terrible imo. Basic autopilot are the most functional and reliable bits and half the time they don't work correctly.