Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 1/28/21. Finally had a delivery date range of late November - Early December. Now, back to February. I may have the record for delay since I ordered the second day it was available. It does not make sense since so many have been delivered who ordered later. Oh well!

Model S Long Range
Red Multi-Coat
19" Tempest Wheels
Black and White Premium Interior with Walnut Décor
Yoke Steering
Autopilot
Full Self-Driving Capability
It makes no sense. I hope you get your car ASAP.

Ordered 1/28/21. Finally had a delivery date range of late November - Early December. Now, back to February. I may have the record for delay since I ordered the second day it was available. It does not make sense since so many have been delivered who ordered later. Oh well!

Model S Long Range
Red Multi-Coat
19" Tempest Wheels
Yoke Steering
Autopilot
You must not realize that white seats are very rare / delayed. You haven’t been skipped over by many people with white seats, I ordered the same day you did and am still waiting. Red / White / CF / 21”. My EDD is Oct 8 - Oct 22.

Model S Long Range
Red Multi-Coat
19" Tempest Wheels
Yoke Steering
Autopilot
I am right there with you. I ordered Jan 23. Config in my signature.

For my region maybe the continental all seasons. They are replacing LR 19” summers with all seasons free of charge but not plaid 19”, sadly.
Do you have this in writing or receipt..going through this with my SC. I would like to point to someone else that was able to get it done at no cost

Any retirees on here getting loans? I'm in that gray area and trying to better understand how banks look at you after retirement. Is it a big deal or not? How do you approach it? Staring at delivery options on financing, etc.
Got approved for a loan through the Tesla site and I'm early retired...they give you an option to list investment income.

At 6’3” and 240lbs (on a good day), I will take the Plaid over the Roadster all day every day. And I think the Plaid is priced fairly for the performance, interior and exterior initial quality, and reliability of the software, fit and finish. Nonetheless I’m sure the price of the LR will track the Mercedes and BMW top of the line, and the Plaid premium vs. LR will increase as Tesla adds more options and bling to match the performance.
I am 6’3” 220 lbs and was wondering if the new Model S will be a tight fit for me. Hoping the redesign is a bit more roomy vs 2018 model s I test drove a few years ago.

I am 6’3” 220 lbs and was wondering if the new Model S will be a tight fit for me. Hoping the redesign is a bit more roomy vs 2018 model s I test drove a few years ago.

The entry and seats are about the same, the glass roof (if didn't sit in one with it) gives you maybe 1" more headroom at least but if you are tall you feel the warmth a bit. It's definitely a car you have to get a routine developed to get in/out of... the X is much easier otherwise.

The entry and seats are about the same, the glass roof (if didn't sit in one with it) gives you maybe 1" more headroom at least but if you are tall you feel the warmth a bit. It's definitely a car you have to get a routine developed to get in/out of... the X is much easier otherwise.
Nailed it. I remember back in in 2018 “dropping” into the model s driver seat at an angle give the short door length an b pillar. Ended up going model x at that time which was more roomy for me but given my history with the falcon door seals will never go back.

I guess this is delivery related, kind of.

No more referral rewards after today, unless the vehicle was ordered prior to today.

Saw an update on my EDD similar to others on this thread today. Ordered a MSM LR 19 with RN1149 in late May. My EDD was tracking to 12/6-12/26 up to yesterday for the past month. Today it changed to 9/21-9/30. Feels like the TSLA quarter end scramble to get as many sales in as possible. Fingers crossed quality doesn’t suffer and sounds like luck of the draw so far. No assigned vin yet and will keep everyone posted.

6’6” 210. No issues for me. Edit: No trouble getting in and out of MS refresh. 😀

Last edited:
You must not realize that white seats are very rare / delayed. You haven’t been skipped over by many people with white seats, I ordered the same day you did and am still waiting. Red / White / CF / 21”. My EDD is Oct 8 - Oct 22.
I realize it. I have been following the forum. I have wondered why they don't reach out and offer another seat color. I know if I try to change it, I will end up paying more for the car. I would be happy with the tan interior. Either way, it's not a big deal. I have a 2019 Model S that is perfectly fine.