Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nah his points I think are still going to be valid: very smooth suspension/very good ride quality, truck is well isolated from wind and road noise. Handles like a sports car, obviously acceleration and all of that is fantastic. Meridian sound system is legit, the camera feeds on the cars are better quality. The blind spot monitoring and rain sensing wipers are using actual sensors are more reliable (well the BSM is, didn't get to obviously use the RSW).

Overall materials were very good, do not feel cheap and the build was tight. Can they do that at scale? Let's see. But they were impressed and of course, the customer focus has been a **** ton better so far (they have a guide they talk to).

Rivian is putting out a really great effort, I think.
Well of course the customer service is great right now lol. They are trying to launch a brand! Elon was really intent on quality and customer service in 2012 also. I'm a huge fan of both Lucid and Rivian, and intend to get some Rivian stock when they IPO, but it's important to remember that Tesla has already gone through all of that production hell, while these brands are just now embarking on their journey.
Also, has your friend experienced a new MX or S? It's really something, and a big difference in quality from the older MS.

Well and superior in what way? I could see quality in the Rivian being really good, but so is new MS/X. It's really quite something, and when you experience it in person, you appreciate all of the work the Tesla team applied.
I know others really love the Tesla MX; sorry, I'm not a fan of the upside-down bathtub design of the MX; it's odd looking to me, but to each, his/her own. Now the Rivian looks awesome from the front and so, so from the back, imho. The interior looks decent, similar to the Teslas with the big horizontal screen in the front middle dash + the smaller driver's screen in front of the steering wheel w/ real wood trim. But again, look at what the Rivian offers for way, way less $$ than the Teslas and other EVs...the latest technology is there, the quality seems to be there, the capabilities and performance are there from the 135kWh battery & quad motors for 800 HP / 900ft-lb TQ and 316 mi. range. Not bad for $75k - $7.5k (or more in 2022?) EV Rebate. 👍 :cool:

When my car was dropped off today, the driver pointed out the envelop on the passenger seat and mentioned mailing something back. I finally got around to opening the envelope and all it has is a sheet thanking me for completing all my paperwork. The email also mentioned something about needing a signature in blue/black ink and sending something back in a prepared fedex envelope for registration etc. Am I missing something here?

Btw @omarsultan i asked him about wh/mi and he has numbers. Maintaining a good rate of speed at which autopilot may refuse to go any higher, he reported 349 iirc. (Though plz correct me if I got it wrong @Venom )

edit: with the 19s that is.
Yeah 347 wh/mi at 85-90 mph on flat road with 19s. Not sure how to see average speed though!

It was the same wh/mi over 3x 100+ mile trips

Hi all,

with temps reaching mid 40s at night in my area, any recommendations on all wheel drive tire/wheel sets?
I got 21s on my new MSP but can’t find 19s (or any other size) all wheel drive tires and supporting wheels anywhere.

please help!!
You can pick up the 19" OEM wheels through Parts. On those, you have two tire options: Continental ProContact RX (which is what Tesla is supplying) and the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 (I want with the latter).

Took a ride tonight to the new Glendale Arizona Service Center. There were about 30 LR's in the lot all with 19" wheels. Only 1 white with white and it had wood interior. There was only 3 Plaids and not a 21" wheel in the place. The cars must have just gotten there as they were covered in dirt and rain spots. We have not had rain in months here. There must be lots of people who never come to TMC and comment with all those cars. We must be in the minority for sure.

Took a ride tonight to the new Glendale Arizona Service Center. There were about 30 LR's in the lot all with 19" wheels. Only 1 white with white and it had wood interior. There was only 3 Plaids and not a 21" wheel in the place. The cars must have just gotten there as they were covered in dirt and rain spots. We have not had rain in months here. There must be lots of people who never come to TMC and comment with all those cars. We must be in the minority for sure.

Might be they had to release the cars stored next to the train tracks at Freemont to meet EOQ quota...

It did rain in SF recently.

If I am right, they may be some comments after these folks take delivery..

You can pick up the 19" OEM wheels through Parts. On those, you have two tire options: Continental ProContact RX (which is what Tesla is supplying) and the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 (I want with the latter).
Do tell how the noise level is with the Michelin Pilot Sport. Reviews say it's a bit loud due to lack of foam insert but would like your view on it

Only about 700 more pages and we will reach the magic number.

Will Tigers get his car by then? Time will tell...

Probably not. I was told I can delay delivery today up to 6 months after I get a VIN, so the current plan is to try and get one end of Jan/Feb. Told myself I'm not taking delivery until ANC is working so I'm sticking to it.

They also told my that even though my account now says mid October ish, their system is showing I should get matched around mid to late November. At that point, wait a month and get a 2022 model year, let them work out some more kinks. Definitely don't watch to touch EOY/EOQ cars.

I haven't been in many 100k cars to compare the interiors but I think I liked my Evolution interior better, not the infotainment but the materials.
The overall interior of the MS feels superior and better laid out but i agree with you. My 2011 Audi A5 has way better fit and finish and controls feel better to touch. The panel gaps are better and the paint is too. Both my Audi and 2017 GTi feel more planted on corners.
But its another story that i have driven them only once since taking delivery of my MS almost 3 months ago. Now I am getting worried what I am going to do with them. 😰
The LR has spoilt me silly.

One or the other. But both seems a bit much. Me? No badge at all.

I think the model year thing is pretty much a non-issue, as SW keeps these cars up to date no problem. Model year makes zero difference with Tesla. Tesla makes HW changes often, but that can come in the middle, end, or somewhere in between in the year. They literally make changes like bi weekly. So there's no way for anybody to pinpoint the time of the changes. The most they can do is have an idea, like with the Raven update. You should be just fine. :)

True At time of resale. Model year may make some difference in pricing.

Managed to get 1.74% from Tesla for financing. All set delivery next week 🤞🏼 Hopefully no major defects or problems

Nice. How many years and what was the cap on the amount?