Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have a question about payment:
Being in texas don’t have an option to inspect and then pay. I would have much rather paid with direct transfer or however after inspecting. So options for payment are Plaid bank transfer or ACH or mail certified check to Fremont?
what’s the best way to do this. Seems Plaid is very convenient. Any issues with that wrt sharing bank information. Should I rather do a wire transfer initiated from my bank?
Also planning to do it a day before delivery. Is that ok? Any suggestions.

Received my VIN on 20th.
Got delivery yesterday at 8pm.

2020 December order.
Red LR, Arachnids, cream interior.
Bay Area delivery.
057437C5-63C4-41D8-9317-A39E0833FC8F.jpeg
E29D313C-27C1-4D7C-84C7-08B7AD6C8EB1.jpeg

It showed up early about 2pm today on a 4-8pm delivery window. Fit and finish looks pretty spot on, have all weekend till my wrap appointment on Monday to look it over. Hardly notice the yoke vein and have to really look for it. Only things I noticed so far was some minor alignment on some interior trim and some smudges I'll have to get used to wiping off white seats. Oh and the charge port didn't seem to want to react to my tesla charger button, had to press the port door. Didn't come with floor mats but I already had the all weather mats on hand so will just store those when they arrive.

Only drove it enough to park it in the garage so no real feedback there yet. Trying to not drive it as much as I can until the wrap appointment. But may take it down to the SuC as @aerodyne suggested to make sure that's all working...and test the charge port door on a SuC.

Cracked open a bottle of Tesla Tequila for the first time tonight to toast the new addition!

Edit: Checked dynomode and it has a birthday of Sep 16th

View attachment 713832View attachment 713833View attachment 713834View attachment 713835View attachment 713836View attachment 713837View attachment 713838
Love it

Have a question about payment:
Being in texas don’t have an option to inspect and then pay. I would have much rather paid with direct transfer or however after inspecting. So options for payment are Plaid bank transfer or ACH or mail certified check to Fremont?
what’s the best way to do this. Seems Plaid is very convenient. Any issues with that wrt sharing bank information. Should I rather do a wire transfer initiated from my bank?
Also planning to do it a day before delivery. Is that ok? Any suggestions.
There is actually a way to do an ACH from your Tesla account so you can avoid entering your bank’s login, or paying the wire transfer fee.

It’s been about a month since I did this, so I don’t remember the exact steps, but it’s something like:
  • Initiate Tesla’s payment system as if you were going through with Plaid payment
  • In the bank search, enter some gibberish so it doesn’t find your bank
  • Select “other” or “my bank is not listed”
  • Cancel out of the payment system (yes, really)
  • At this point you should be able to “enter bank information manually” or something to that effect
  • You can then enter your bank account and routing numbers
You can totally wait until right before delivery to do the transfer, since it’s instantaneous and updates in your Tesla account immediately.

Good luck! And even though you will have already accepted delivery, don’t forget to check out my Wiki - Mega-consolidated delivery quality issues thread and checklist so you can create a service appointment within 24 hours of delivery for any issues you find.

more likely his problem was because he had a 60% charge as he states in the video. This explains why his 60-130 is over 5 seconds while there is string 4.x 60-130 times on Dragy. So his loss was in the top end from a slightly weaker discharge. He doesn’t list a 60 foot time which would show any traction problems.

Yeah saw that! He had a rather bad 0-60 of 2.64 w/ rollout and a 1/4 mile of 9.74 at 147 mph, but I think that is thanks to the non prepped surface coupled with the 19s. You could hear it trying to get traction off the line. Definitely would have better results in better conditions. :)
Pulls that P100D like crazy though!

everything is beta lol

everything is beta lol
So this safety score. Anyone know if it’s tagged to the car or the driver profile? Asking for a friend!