Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everyone except a few sob have their car now. I predicted this would happen hundreds of pages ago. I’m just pissed to be one of the last one on this thread. I was supposed to get my car in August.
You're NOT alone. This thread may have quieted down (which is kind of a good thing) but trust me, you're not alone. People like me and many others have still been here and waiting for many months for our new MS Plaids / LRs. sigh.

You're NOT alone. This thread may have quieted down (which is kind of a good thing) but trust me, you're not alone. People like me and many others have still been here and waiting for many months for our new MS Plaids / LRs. sigh.
Definitely not alone. Plenty of us losers at the end of the infinite line that is the Model S order queue. I told a friend the other day when my EDD moved for the 10+th time, my heart has just died to this damn car. One day, maybe in 2022, it will show up, or never. Reading this thread just bums me out because it's people bitching about a little vein on the steering yoke of their gorgeous car or moaning about how they have a nice beautiful LR and wish they'd ordered a Plaid. Cry me a river folks, many of us are still in purgatory with no car :)

Update on my issues:

Originally I had a mobile appointment for Tuesday but Tesla moved it to Oct 28th. Dropped by the service center to see if they could fix my headlight and stereo/bluetooth mic today since it is a brand new car, they said the service is closed for a week and a half for EOQ deliveries. Better hope your car doesn’t break down during the EOQ. Service/sales advisor called me and basically said my issues were not urgent and to wait until Oct 28th. This whole buying experience has left a bad taste in my mouth. This will be my first and last Tesla. When I bought my Porsches they took a cover off of it and made it a grand experience. My sales rep called me the next day and asked if I had any issues and how rhe car was. With Tesla they just dropped off a broken car and left. I asked if I could return it and they said they got rid of the return policy. Definitely double and triple check your cars before you take delivery guys. In states where you have to pay first, you are sol.
You can usually just go straight to the service center for an immediate appointment. I’ve never been turned away when I had something urgent and ignored the delayed schedule in the app.

It showed up early about 2pm today on a 4-8pm delivery window. Fit and finish looks pretty spot on, have all weekend till my wrap appointment on Monday to look it over. Hardly notice the yoke vein and have to really look for it. Only things I noticed so far was some minor alignment on some interior trim and some smudges I'll have to get used to wiping off white seats. Oh and the charge port didn't seem to want to react to my tesla charger button, had to press the port door. Didn't come with floor mats but I already had the all weather mats on hand so will just store those when they arrive.

Only drove it enough to park it in the garage so no real feedback there yet. Trying to not drive it as much as I can until the wrap appointment. But may take it down to the SuC as @aerodyne suggested to make sure that's all working...and test the charge port door on a SuC.

Cracked open a bottle of Tesla Tequila for the first time tonight to toast the new addition!

Edit: Checked dynomode and it has a birthday of Sep 16th

A3513704-0DCE-4896-B794-4F469606004D.jpegC65C3351-E9F7-4791-9D3F-F2F73699288C.jpegE8027C3F-BC2B-4B59-AE58-5E3F1F049452.jpeg2D53F2C2-C932-47E4-BFB3-929B2C5D2346.jpegD2EA17B4-90B1-48AB-A72D-B51E37F91E96.jpeg49271EDC-2C2F-41BB-B3D2-4CC6C6FAA0DE.jpegB45841EB-4162-4377-A216-6B8A00F78DE1.jpeg

Last edited:
It showed up early about 2pm today on a 4-8pm delivery window. Fit and finish looks pretty spot on, have all weekend till my wrap appointment on Monday to look it over. Hardly notice the yoke vein and have to really look for it. Only things I noticed so far was some minor alignment on some interior trim and some smudges I'll have to get used to wiping off white seats. Oh and the charge port didn't seem to want to react to my tesla charger button, had to press the port door. Didn't come with floor mats but I already had the all weather mats on hand so will just store those when they arrive.

Only drove it enough to park it in the garage so no real feedback there yet. Trying to not drive it as much as I can until the wrap appointment. But may take it down to the SuC as @aerodyne suggested to make sure that's all working...and test the charge port door on a SuC.

Cracked open a bottle of Tesla Tequila for the first time tonight to toast the new addition!

View attachment 713832View attachment 713833View attachment 713834View attachment 713835View attachment 713836View attachment 713837View attachment 713838

It appears your rear door interior actually lines up with the body panel?

Last edited:

View attachment 713832View attachment 713833View attachment 713834View attachment 713835View attachment 713836View attachment 713837View attachment 713838
And THAT’s MY CAR I’m waiting for, lol!! 😉. So happy for you! Looks phenomenal! Enjoy!! 👏🏻👍🏻😎

So delivery unrelated but had something weird happen today.

Park the car, get out, go to the beach for an hour to watch sunset.

Come back to the car and the door handles present and the car unlocks as usual. Get in, everything is OFF.

Strange because everything usually comes on by the time I slide my ass into the seat. So I sit there for a couple of seconds, dead silence. I tap the brake pedal with my foot hoping the car will wake up, but instead the gear selector below the wireless phone chargers lights up. Nothing else.

I give it another 5-10 seconds and then press the brake pedal down harder, the car starts booting up, then everything comes on and functions like nothing ever happened.

Is this abnormal behavior? Have not had this happen in the 2 months of owning the car even when it’s in the garage parked for 24+ hours.

It appears your rear door interior actually lines up with the body work?
I'll check more closely this weekend. So far it all looks pretty good. Some adhesive residue here and there and smudges etc that I'll have to wipe. These are the two things I noticed so far. The trim to the right of the yoke seems not very tight and there's some weird thing sticking down from under the trim near the driver door.

86C2EFE6-42D1-4A07-BAC6-1E7719154F34.jpeg7BBE447B-2113-4849-A9BD-7CEABC220A9A.jpeg

I'll check more closely this weekend. So far it all looks pretty good. Some adhesive residue here and there and smudges etc that I'll have to wipe. These are the two things I noticed so far. The trim to the right of the yoke seems not very tight and there's some weird thing sticking down from under the trim near the driver door.

View attachment 713861View attachment 713860

Looks to be progress on Tesla’s end - the earlier cars definitely had the rear door trim not line up across the gap toward the back seat - like a good 1/4” off.

Happy to see this is fixed, now just to wait for my car :)

You & I both thought that...up until my account changed (with no VIN still) to Est Delivery 10/2 - 10/22 almost a week ago. I reached back out to our local SC Mgr & RM, and they reiterated their info of "likely early-mid Oct" for delivery. Hmm...so let's see if I actually get a VIN in the next week or so; if so, then yes, delivery should be within 2-3 weeks after VIN. No EOQ (3rd Qtr) delivery for me but I figured that was a possibility, even when they had my account at 9/29 - 9/30 but no VIN.

We're seeing some white on white MS Plaids getting VINs and deliveries now, so hopefully mine is coming up soon at the beginning of the 4th Qtr in Oct. Another couple weeks wait is nothing now after 8 months; I'm actually now more annoyed that it's still going to be designated a 2021 model year car...that's just b.s. as it should be a model year 2022 but no, Tesla always has to do it their own way!

In the meantime, just for sh!ts and giggles, I plunked down a $1,000 refundable deposit on a reservation for a 2022 Rivian R1S (SUV - EV) for my wife as a replacement for her 2018 LR RR Velar next year. I know it's a new EV company with new EVs but I'm so tired of paying for gas these days (seeing gas prices have recently shot up again) and all the initial reviews of the Rivian truck & SUV are spectacular...800 HP/900 ft-lb TQ, quad motor, 316 mi. max battery range with a 135kWh battery, 0-60mph in 3.0 sec for a vehicle > 5,800lb. (wow, just wow!), lots of cargo space, can wade through 3 ft. of water (wow!), all the technology included, 4G LTE connectivity, OTA s/w updates, free supercharging on their network (probably will never need that but still nice to have if needed...if you can find one of their chargers), a/c & heated seats, active cruise control, lane-keep assist, 11 cameras for 360 degree monitoring, radar, Meridian sound system, 5-year / 60k mi warranty, everything...for $76k - (at least) $7,500 EV rebate, etc. Anyway, I'm thoroughly impressed, and Rivian has $2.5 billion investments by Ford, Amazon, & T. Rowe Price...and going public later this year or early in 2022. So, we're in no rush...but it will be nice if we take delivery of her 2022 Rivian R1S sometime in 2022! :cool:

A friend of mine got to go test drive the R1T. He owns a P100D Model X, says the Rivian is better in every comparable way. I am waiting to test drive myself, but more than likely I'm getting one of these.

It appears your rear door interior actually lines up with the body panel?

Yes! Finally!!

View attachment 713861View attachment 713860

Yes, your behind the yoke dash not being attached well I see on many of the cars also. I think the design is extremely poor. Hopefully they can glue it back on.

Looks to be progress on Tesla’s end - the earlier cars definitely had the rear door trim not line up across the gap toward the back seat - like a good 1/4” off.

Happy to see this is fixed, now just to wait for my car :)

YES!!!!

Well and superior in what way? Handling and acceleration? Certainly not if it's a P100D vs a truck. I could see quality in the Rivian being really good, but so is new MS. It's really quite something, and when you experience it in person, you appreciate all of the work the Tesla team applied.
I need to join a club or something to see what the previous cars had to see what changed.

Comparisons to pre-refresh Teslas seems moot at this point.

Well and superior in what way? Handling and acceleration? Certainly not if it's a P100D vs a truck. I could see quality in the Rivian being really good, but so is new MS. It's really quite something, and when you experience it in person, you appreciate all of the work the Tesla team applied.

Nah his points I think are still going to be valid: very smooth suspension/very good ride quality, truck is well isolated from wind and road noise. Handles like a sports car, obviously acceleration and all of that is fantastic. Meridian sound system is legit, the camera feeds on the cars are better quality. The blind spot monitoring and rain sensing wipers are using actual sensors are more reliable (well the BSM is, didn't get to obviously use the RSW).

Overall materials were very good, do not feel cheap and the build was tight. Can they do that at scale? Let's see. But they were impressed and of course, the customer focus has been a **** ton better so far (they have a guide they talk to).

Rivian is putting out a really great effort, I think.

EDIT: I forgot the paint somehow. The paint, according to them looks to be 100x better (not quite literally probably).

I don't know personally, I'll probably get the Model S and if it's a great car and doesn't give me a lot of problems, I'll keep it and get an R1T. But if the Model S sucks after 6 months I'm going to ditch it and get something else along with the R1T probably.

Last edited: