Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car was delivered with all the pieces. My DA spent at least 30 minutes with me. When I schedule service I get an appointment within a few days unless there’s a parts delay. Service communicates quickly and effectively with me. I get a loaner when I need one.

Why is my experience different than what’s others report here again and again?
Generally, service has been great for me. Hard to speak to anyone but texting does work. I just wish they would port the service app functionality to a desktop browser. It’s a bitch doing everything on the iPhone. And no, it’s not an Apple thing. :)

Still no VIN?

If it was me, I'd be hoping the build starts after Oct 1st...

Yup. My EDD vacillates between current week and begininning of November. If I can make it through end of this quarter without getting assigned a delivery, I’m good. My S is gone and I’m all set on my end. By the way, also sold X today and am moving wife to MY Performance. She needed something smaller and with more range.

My new MS LR just arrived today. Ordered it in early February just a few days after the ordering opened. I received a text this morning that I could pick it up at the Vallejo CA center on Monday (I live in the SF East Bay), but then they called an hour later and said it would be delivered to my home today. They will leave the car in the driveway and send an email that it has arrived (no contact delivery). I then logged into the Tesla website, acknowledged delivery and my Tesla phone app activates a button to unlock the car.

Mine is midnight silver with beige interior, 19 inch wheels and FSD. So I will be able to active the FSD button and if I drive well the next week should have FSD beta in the car next week.

This replaces my early 2013 MS (vin under 5000) that we ordered in June 2012 and received in Feb 2013. So the new MS will take just about a month less to arrive than our first MS.

Our first is an 85 which cost $90K (including sale tax and and everything else) $14K less than the new MS. However that included $10K of tax credits ($7500 from US, $2500 from CA). The new one has $1500 discount from CA energy rebate. So the new one is about $5K more without tax credits, but also includes $10K for FSD and a zillion improvements since 2013, including an EPA range increase from around 250 to 405. According to the Consumer Price Index, $90K in 2013 (the net price of our first MS) is equal to $105K in 2021, $1K more than the net price of our new MS.)
I hope that you get as many happy years with your new MS as you did with your 2013. Drive it in good health! :)

You can pick up the 19" OEM wheels through Parts. On those, you have two tire options: Continental ProContact RX (which is what Tesla is supplying) and the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 (I want with the latter).
I went to “shop” section of Tesla.com and they only are showing until 2020 model tires. I don’t see for any new model S.

Drove the Plaid a bit today...trying not to until it's properly PPF'd. But wanted to check for any driving issues to note on the due bill. The acceleration is...scary. Seriously I was not prepared for what was happening and I had already rode in a plaid at the delivery event. Haven't even launched it yet...that'll have to wait till it's protected.

Few observations...the yoke is fine. It looks cool and not hard to get used to. And love the visibility of everything. Sure I grabbed at air a few times but like all things its a learning curve. I had a bit of trouble with the turn indicators. Sometimes it would activate accidentally just brushing by it or when I went to change the song. Other times it felt like I was pressing it hard and wouldn't activate. Hope this improves. I found myself looking down at the buttons before pressing them.

It is too easy to go too fast...stomp on the pedal and of course I'm concentrating on the road ahead of me...glance down and see a 3 digit number...ok time to back off. It's a constant reminder to respect the power and not be stupid.

Fun note, when stopped at a stop light I look in the rear view and see a Bolt...then the driver takes out his phone and starts taking pics of my car.

Drove the Plaid a bit today...trying not to until it's properly PPF'd. But wanted to check for any driving issues to note on the due bill. The acceleration is...scary. Seriously I was not prepared for what was happening and I had already rode in a plaid at the delivery event. Haven't even launched it yet...that'll have to wait till it's protected.

Few observations...the yoke is fine. It looks cool and not hard to get used to. And love the visibility of everything. Sure I grabbed at air a few times but like all things its a learning curve. I had a bit of trouble with the turn indicators. Sometimes it would activate accidentally just brushing by it or when I went to change the song. Other times it felt like I was pressing it hard and wouldn't activate. Hope this improves. I found myself looking down at the buttons before pressing them.

It is too easy to go too fast...stomp on the pedal and of course I'm concentrating on the road ahead of me...glance down and see a 3 digit number...ok time to back off. It's a constant reminder to respect the power and not be stupid.

Fun note, when stopped at a stop light I look in the rear view and see a Bolt...then the driver takes out his phone and starts taking pics of my car.
Can you post pics of that white interior with CF?

Can you post pics of that white interior with CF?
Posted some a few pages back:

I haven't ordered it on my Plaid yet because I'm tired of paying for a feature not fully released. Don't know what I'll do in the next few days. If I get really annoyed with regular Autopilot I might cave in
You don’t get anything more with FSD than you do with Autopilot. Summon has been broken (not as if it’s any useful anyway) and auto lane change is just not worth 10k.

You don’t get anything more with FSD than you do with Autopilot. Summon has been broken (not as if it’s any useful anyway) and auto lane change is just not worth 10k.
You're right
That's what's holding me back. Only reason I'm having second thoughts is because of the FSD Beta access and having never had a Tesla without FSD. As it is right now, it's not worth 10k at all

I went to “shop” section of Tesla.com and they only are showing until 2020 model tires. I don’t see for any new model S.
There is nothing in the Tesla store right now - if you are looking fro tires, head over to someplace like Tire Rack and shop by size:

1632635330625.png