Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You mean the Plaid named third party software that Tesla is using for transfer? They ask for login name and password to your bank. No, thank you.

Yup. Have a closer look. They route to your financial center’s credentials challenge. The API prevents them from recovering/seeing any password info. The bank itself has to approve the linkage and method of interaction to your accounts. To be super nutty safe, I link it only to my holding account that exists just to move and receive funds. :)

You think a company that’s making $200 million revenue is going to steal your account information? Lol. Just use it and change the password after if that’s the case.

Yup. Agreed.

On quality: At a Tesla and Coffee meetup yesterday there was a member who used to own an MX but ended up trading in for an Etron. He's German and stated quality as his main reason for switching. He looked over the Plaid and was very impressed with the quality. Everything is much more solid, the materials are better, everything. My own observations, coming from a 2017 MS aligns with all of that. It's a different class of vehicle.

LR Blue with Black interior and 19" wheels

Ordered January 20
RN 11452****

Delivered August 23

Replacing my 2013 P85. The car is literally 100% better built than the 2013. Quality, solid feel, features, driving, all of it. Paint is perfect. Only one small panel gap. No other issues.

Just not sure about the blue color and those damn ugly wheels! Loved the look of my old one much better.
If it were me, first thing I'd do is get rid of the front license plate holder. Second, either file the aero hub caps in the round filing cabinet or find a new home for them.

As I reported earlier, for those of you trying to get the FSD beta, my opinion of the Safety Score is that it is entirely too sensitive. On my first drive, at NO TIME did I brake hard, yet it dinged me for that. My goal when driving now (and has been for more than a year) is to get the highest rated mpge. To that end, I coast whenever possible and feather the accelerator pedal to allow regenerative braking when coming up to a stop sign or stop light so as to reclaim as much regenerative energy as possible. I finally touch the brake when regenerative braking is no longer showing green and the car is probably going 3 mph or less to stop. At NO TIME did I aggressively turn the car. I have no idea how I got dinged for this. And at no time did I follow the car in front of me too closely. My first drive was on I-465 which runs for about 51 miles completely around the outside of Indianapolis. I-65 and I-70 cross in the middle of town inside the I-465 corridor and parts of I-65 is shutdown for construction, leading to much more traffic on I-465 than normal because the traffic must use it to traverse from the north side to the south side since I-65 is closed. There was a lot of traffic when I drove, much like rush hour, but I still drove 5 or more car lengths behind the car in front of me at all times. I have since then driven several times to see if my cumulative score gets better. Per Tesla's information, the "unsafe following" takes effect when the car is travelling 50 or more mph. My advice to those of you trying to get 90+ score on this is to drive in the far right lane AT the speed limit and HOPE no one passes you on the left and immediately pulls in front of you in your lane. Should that happen, you are most definitely going to get dinged for unsafe following. Should you cram your brakes on to put distance between the two cars, you are going to get dinged for hard braking, so it's a catch 22 on this. And yes, I know this is completely off topic, but it seems most of the people on this thread are interested in the FSD beta, so I'm posting it. Attaching first and last Safety Score for your edification. You can see the % figures going down in each category. Still can't figure out the aggressive turning. It's got me stumped!

IMG_0382.PNG
IMG_0383.PNG

I got a text and email from Tesla telling me to schedule the appointment to pick up my Plaid. I set it up for Monday. My SA just emailed me and said my car isn’t showing delivered to the dealer (or whatever you call the place where you pick up the car). He said those texts/emails are just automated and sent out, with no verification an actual car exists for delivery.

I hope everything you guys say about all this BS I have had to deal with during the whole process will magically disappear from memory the moment I mash the accelerator pedal for the first time. I have bought too many cars over the years, and this whole journey with Tesla has just been laughable.

So first commute with the dumb try outs. Rather annoying experience.

1) Coming up to a green light, car starts braking, says to press accelerator to proceed, press accelerator to proceed, light starts turning yellow, car jams the brakes as if I’m about to bowl a strike through 10 infants in the roadway. Unnecessary jerking multiple times just at one intersection. Can’t wait to see it ding me for hard braking the AP did.

2) Intersection on a curve, green light, going through on AP, the car jerks me out of the right lane into the left lane, now to think about it, it always does that there, I’m sure I’ll be dinged for something there.

3) Grandmas passing me and giving me dirty looks as I’m trying to accelerate on AP to avoid any dings.

4) Playing constant whack a mole with the accelerator and the steering wheel on a perfectly flat straight east to west road where there is no steering wheel input needed because of how straight the road is. I got to take my attention off the road and keep looking at the dash every couple of seconds to see which mole is next to be whacked. Accelerator for green light? Put pressure onto the steering wheel going perfectly straight? Another green light? More pressure to continue going straight?

All in all, I found today’s drive to be more frustrating and exhausting than ever. At this point it is literally easier to just drive manually and scratch this whole try outs idea because I don’t feel as even the student drivers are subjected to this sort of awfulness during Driving Ed.
Things that happen while in autopilot do not affect your score. What happens in autopilot mode stays in autopilot mode... :D

Also, I tested hard straight line acceleration yesterday and it had no affect on my score. Yay! It looks like getting a daily acceleration 'fix' will not have to stop 'cold turkey'.

I got a text and email from Tesla telling me to schedule the appointment to pick up my Plaid. I set it up for Monday. My SA just emailed me and said my car isn’t showing delivered to the dealer (or whatever you call the place where you pick up the car). He said those texts/emails are just automated and sent out, with no verification an actual car exists for delivery.

I hope everything you guys say about all this BS I have had to deal with during the whole process will magically disappear from memory the moment I mash the accelerator pedal for the first time. I have bought too many cars over the years, and this whole journey with Tesla has just been laughable.
Definitely ask your SA for the location of your car. He/She can 'ping' the cars GPS and tell you where it actually is. It may not be exact second accurate but you will have a very good idea where it is. I suspect that it is either there or very close. Those texts probably are automated but one of the criteria would be the location of the car being close.

@emailforbrett So, you decided to take the car that has been in the body shop for weeks?

So how is your efficiency with the All-Season Pilot Sports? Did you drive the OEM tires one enough to compare?
Haven't driven enough to say any data would be valid. I am popping the 21s back on for another month or so, after I swap back and get some longer trips done, I should be able to do some efficiency comparisons.

You think a company that’s making $200 million revenue is going to steal your account information? Lol. Just use it and change the password after if that’s the case.
It not about Tesla stealing anything, but completing financial transactions these days is a multi-step, multi-vendor process often involving companies you never even knew existed--those middle-of-the-chain links are where compromises happen. But, yeah, your advice is spot-on, change your password as soon as the transaction clears, or simply do a wire transfer.

Agreed. With Tesla, the model year only matters when you're selling it. After waiting this long, I'm hoping my car will be a '22 model year. My EDD puts me right on the bubble. No VIN yet.
I'm to am hoping my car will be a '22 model year. My EDD puts me right on the bubble.
Q: Does anyone actually KNOW when Tesla institutes the model year change over?? I've seen lots of speculations and guesses. It'd be nice to know for sure (for resale in 2-3 yrs to buy Roadster).