Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh great and powerful TMC brethren, what are the secrets to lowering my Wh/mile? I took a trip down the pacific coast highway this weekend from Monterey to LA and found that the advertised 402 is a sham and I should be happy if I break 300 miles on a single charge. In my first 1200 miles, I'm averaging 300 Wh/Mile... any tips on dropping that number? Granted I have spent a good amount of time on insane acceleration giving people heart attacks but that probably only accounts for 200 of those 1200 miles.

Looks like first NF VIN confirmed

Looking to hear of what changes might have come along with it; perhaps headlights that actually illuminate the road ahead?!

Oh great and powerful TMC brethren, what are the secrets to lowering my Wh/mile? I took a trip down the pacific coast highway this weekend from Monterey to LA and found that the advertised 402 is a sham and I should be happy if I break 300 miles on a single charge. In my first 1200 miles, I'm averaging 300 Wh/Mile... any tips on dropping that number? Granted I have spent a good amount of time on insane acceleration giving people heart attacks but that probably only accounts for 200 of those 1200 miles.

Read the manual for the refresh. Good tips there.

No sham on range, if you look at the data the range is for EPA combined. EPA highway range is a lot lower.

300 wh/mi is not a bad number for mostly highway travel.

Looking to hear of what changes might have come along with it; perhaps headlights that actually illuminate the road ahead?!
Tbh I don't think they'll be any (notable) changes. Tesla makes changes whenever they feel like it, so there's normally nothing left to update with a new model year designation. I think the figure was something like 600 changes are made throughout the year (although I'm likely misquoting that number), most of them minor, a few that are more noticeable. That's not to say that there couldn't be some changes that just happened to coincide with the same time frame as changing to a new model year, they just specifically don't plan for it.

That should affect Tesla's score.
Ya know it wouldn't be terribly difficult to define a range of expected driver actions and any time a driver takes the car out of autopilot with a maneuver that exceeds that range, the car captures the conditions and generates an event that can be used as training input to identify weakly or completely unhandled circumstances in the CV system.

Anybody know is something like this exists? I would love to see the inner workings of AP/FSD...

Ya know it wouldn't be terribly difficult to define a range of expected driver actions and any time a driver takes the car out of autopilot with a maneuver that exceeds that range, the car captures the conditions and generates an event that can be used as training input to identify weakly or completely unhandled circumstances in the CV system.

Anybody know is something like this exists? I would love to see the inner workings of AP/FSD...
I tried AP on my lunch break just to show a coworker. As it approached a red light, at 40MPH, it warned me of the red light, the break pedal icon popped up in red, an audible warning played, and I had to apply the breaks.

How can it do all of this, but NOT stop the car without my assistance? I don't think this is ever going to be more than a novelty for me. I don't trust AP.

False alarm on the first NF VIN. Internet points go to @Pdubs today.

I tried AP on my lunch break just to show a coworker. As it approached a red light, at 40MPH, it warned me of the red light, the break pedal icon popped up in red, an audible warning played, and I had to apply the breaks.

How can it do all of this, but NOT stop the car without my assistance? I don't think this is ever going to be more than a novelty for me. I don't trust AP.
Suggestion: Read your manual regarding operational differences between AP and Full Self Driving.

Suggestion: Read your manual regarding operational differences between AP and Full Self Driving.
So it's a marketing thing. It has all the tools to do it, but doesn't because that costs $10k. Fair enough. Right before the light, traffic stopped. I was behind another car so AP stopped and started again with traffic. It knew it should stop at the light, but basically said "You didn't pay for this. Hit the brake or I'm running you into the intersection." 🤣

False alarm on the first NF VIN. Internet points go to @Pdubs today.
I look at the NF VINs like this...I'm reasonably confident that I'll either get an NF VIN, which is cool, or get get my car within the next in 81 days, which is even cooler. Coolest would be to get the very first NF in like two weeks. Wishful thinking.

Read the manual for the refresh. Good tips there.

No sham on range, if you look at the data the range is for EPA combined. EPA highway range is a lot lower.

300 wh/mi is not a bad number for mostly highway travel.
I went into the manual and tried out some of the suggestions. I think I can get away with driving without the AC and just using the seat coolers for temperature control. I'm curious how much battery the inductive phone chargers use as well. I tried turning off the AC / placing my phone in a cup holder instead and dropped to 280 Wh/mile just driving around town. I hadn't thought that highways would be worse but I guess that makes sense. I might experiment on a long road trip at a painful 55 mph just to see from a time efficiency point which method reigns supreme. Drive 55 mph for 6 hours in one direction without charging... or drive 80+ the same distance but stop every 180 miles for a 15 minute top off... Idk which wins

Quintessential post about getting car back from PPF spa day aka putting your kid through college. Coming up on 1 month of Model S ownership but only in garage for 3 days between Tesla service appointment and PPF day. Almost worse than the 7 month wait. Basically a second delivery day for me.

Detail Maniac in Sacramento did a great job. Stek PPF, CQuartz Finest Reserve ceramic coating on all surfaces (window and wheels too), and 35% tint.

IMG_5127.jpeg

IMG_5131.jpeg

IMG_5134.jpeg

IMG_5140.jpeg