Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OT, but this is too ripe....

The full details of the proposed tax rebate have been disclosed. Basically a 10k point of sale credit for a new Tesla.

Today, saw Toyota has seen the light and is offering a BEV...

The thing is ugly as sin, imagine a late night three some with a Mach E, Pruis, and a Bolt.

But, it has....a YOKE!

🤣🤣🤣

A Yoke? WTF?

Haven't they seen all the deaths and accidents from the Tesla yoke. I mean all those people who have never tried the yoke yet, but are dying by the thousands...

I just hope it has a telepathic induced horn.

ETA: We failed to act on Tesla, but please use this link to report the Toyota while there is still time. Report a Safety Problem | NHTSA

A Yoke? WTF?

Haven't they seen all the deaths and accidents from the Tesla yoke. I mean all those people who have never tried the yoke yet, but are dying by the thousands...

I just hope it has a telepathic induced horn.

ETA: We failed to act on Tesla, but please use this link to report the Toyota while there is still time. Report a Safety Problem | NHTSA

Look, guys! @2021plaid (Elon Musk) has turned Hayseed into an anti Tesla propaganda fighting fanboy!

The logic makes sense though. If you can afford a $100k+ car you probably don’t need help with the purchase. If you do need help then you shouldn’t be paying that much to begin with.
I need help with the cost on the window tint, PPF, ceramic, floor and cargo mats, home charger, extra solar panels, and the higher insurance premiums.

I need help with the cost on the window tint, PPF, ceramic, floor and cargo mats, home charger, extra solar panels, and the higher insurance premiums.
I am also now poor and need some financial support. "You people" convinced me to buy this thing and now I'm out like 1k for the charger/install and $4,500 for PPF and tint. Please send money if you can afford it, if not, I also accept Halloween candy but not candy corns!

P
Just signed the final agreements and was told my car is in wash ready for delivery in 24 hours. I have been waiting 205 days for this car, just one more left. I appreciate this forum for keeping me sane and answering my questions.

Pictures please, esp if paint is swirl free. We need to be kept sane here too.

I wonder if they are making updates to the 2022 model S and or X. Haven't seen a single 2022 Vin yet and no new VINs since the publication of the VIN registration.
Wondering the same, though I have zero expectations of any changes. MY with plenty of 2022's coming out, yet not one S. I have not checked for any M3's. All new VINs assigned so far have been Oct builds, right?

Just read an article suggesting cars in the Bastard lot may actually be for export. Indeed if they're right hand drive, they're not available to us in the US. The recent withdrawal from the lot may just be on the way to ships.

Many of those "bastards" have birthdays earlier than May/June, so not likely.

The estimate includes no cost. Unfortunately the new yoke didn't arrive in time for my appt yesterday (shocker). They rescheduled for 11/8. Price is still zero.
I reached out and they both waved the cost and mentioned it's a "known issue." So, to anyone that hasn't taken deliveries yet, check the upholstery of your yoke thoroughly and pay attention to it.

I reached out and they both waved the cost and mentioned it's a "known issue." So, to anyone that hasn't taken deliveries yet, check the upholstery of your yoke thoroughly and pay attention to it.

Now, if they had just stuck the Model 3/Y steering wheel in there, we wouldn't have any of these problems! Seriously. It's a great wheel, would have been fine.

The whole bill goes against green energy. If they really want to help prevent it then Sedans should get more than a Truck/SUV or at least match it, as Sedans are the most efficient. Totally ridiculous, that Union companies get more. I hope the whole bill gets squashed in the Senate. Let competition drive the prices down, not using taxpayer money to pick and choose.
Exactly. As if someone buying $80k SUV needs the free $10k. Typical Washington waste.

I’d prefer that money go to fix our shitty roads.

Just read an article suggesting cars in the Bastard lot may actually be for export. Indeed if they're right hand drive, they're not available to us in the US. The recent withdrawal from the lot may just be on the way to ships.
I would wonder why they'd make 452 or so right hand drive cars when there was huge demand here. to me that would require different tooling, unless they were made as a proof of concept, i.e. check out the software or materials needed to make right hand drive.
Personally, I think it would make more sense for a California factory to create ONLY left hand drive cars until either demand was sated, or there was enough in the US and THEN prove that they CAN make right hand, etc.

I don't remember if Germany and China are left or right steering wheels (or yokes) but again, it makes sense to me to have those factories produce the drive side appropriate to the biggest sales early on - which again, to me would be more local versus exporting.

also, at least some cars in the lot have silver aero wheels or at least the covers - so i'm not sure if those were temporary rims/wheels or what - i've speculated they were model 3 wheels used to just get the shells or cars to the lot.
then again, it's Tesla, so anything goes

Many of those "bastards" have birthdays earlier than May/June, so not likely.
I can imagine maybe they had production problems, and they're in the "we'll get around to it" category - and either actually fix them, maybe make them fleet cars, etc. or else maybe cannibalize if it is determined not worth fixing. I can't imagine what would put them in the "not worth fixing" category - but similarly, I can't imagine why they'd keep a car there for months if they could possibly pull some parts from the assembly line and swap out. there has to be more to it. my pocket theory is maybe they use certain chips or controllers or parts and they're waiting for them to come in, but yet again, i have to imagine the computer is maybe a few thousand dollars, so swap out with a current one, and then use the "bastard lot computer" in a new car when the chips come in.

We can agree the customer service (or lack thereof) is atrocious, but this is NOT a stupid company, far from it, so there must be some sort of sensible reason why those cars have been there so long.

I can't detect the reason, but there has to be one. There just has to be!

I would wonder why they'd make 452 or so right hand drive cars when there was huge demand here. to me that would require different tooling, unless they were made as a proof of concept, i.e. check out the software or materials needed to make right hand drive.
Personally, I think it would make more sense for a California factory to create ONLY left hand drive cars until either demand was sated, or there was enough in the US and THEN prove that they CAN make right hand, etc.

I don't remember if Germany and China are left or right steering wheels (or yokes) but again, it makes sense to me to have those factories produce the drive side appropriate to the biggest sales early on - which again, to me would be more local versus exporting.

also, at least some cars in the lot have silver aero wheels or at least the covers - so i'm not sure if those were temporary rims/wheels or what - i've speculated they were model 3 wheels used to just get the shells or cars to the lot.
then again, it's Tesla, so anything goes
right hand drive? There are many fly overs with close up pictures didnt see any RHD Model on that Lot.