Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Bull - I will say, based on the flyovers they've been stock piling model s at Fremont. Then someone said they stopped ****ing around for a couple of weeks while they get the last of the 21s out.

I think you're right. Weird that the filing was so early this year and under wraps. Also weird they stock piled them and are now everyone and their mom has a VIN for a car built 10 days ago or more. Idk. Something smells fishy. Maybe they are putting the tilting screen back in. **** me.
Something amiss...VIN back on 10/13 with a DD in October...I finally called Tesla today....vehicle not out of production...wtf?...DD will be pushed into December.

I have a LR/Blk/Blk/19" 1147 RN ordered 4/18 (really 3/17, but changed color on 4/18). I had beeen sitting at Dec 11-31 for the past 2 months, then on Sunday it flipped to 2/7 - 3/7. Has anyone else had this happen, it seems that most in my RN range have started getting their cars or at the very least have a VIN. Should I be contacting anyone, can I contact anyone, is there any point to contacting anyone?

It was bad enough having the EDD keep pusing out during the summer. Then in Sept when it changed I felt pretty good about the date range because it stayed. Now it pushed another 1-2 months. It's really starting to feel like they are purposely not fulfilling original price orders since the $15k in price increases.

Is anyone else seeing this EDD behavior?
Same situation here. I’m RN 1147 too.
OD 4/4/21 MSLR MSM/blk/21 no FSD. My EDD pushed out to 1/31-2/27. So frustrating as we see later orders getting VINs. Tesla logistics make no sense.

Darn. How long did they take to replace the radar? I just got her and don't want to give her up!
I was in and out the same day. I was on my road trip and had my due bill appointment scheduled so couldn't make another appointment. They took me in without an appointment and were done about 4 hours later...but that'll highly depend on the service center. My other road trip service also processed me in about 4 hours so they were quite accommodating to keep the impact to my trip minimal at the centers I visited.

Meanwhile, I took her in for the due bill stuff last Monday on the 1st...and I *might* get her back tomorrow....but that has a longer list of stuff to take care of.

I was in and out the same day. I was on my road trip and had my due bill appointment scheduled so couldn't make another appointment. They took me in without an appointment and were done about 4 hours later...but that'll highly depend on the service center. My other road trip service also processed me in about 4 hours so they were quite accommodating to keep the impact to my trip minimal at the centers I visited.

Meanwhile, I took her in for the due bill stuff last Monday on the 1st...and I *might* get her back tomorrow....but that has a longer list of stuff to take care of.
What may I ask do you mean by a “due bill” appointment?

What may I ask do you mean by a “due bill” appointment?

Any issues noted upon delivery and acceptance.
Yes what @cwanja said. It was delivered to my home and they said to make a service appt before putting 100 miles on it (was delivered with 33 miles so had till 133 on the odometer) with anything that needed addressing as part of the delivery process. The first available appt for me was Nov 1st and my car was delivered Sept 24. Had my appt scheduled with my list of items and had enough time to drive cross country and back and took it to my due bill appt with over 7k miles on it.

The tech that drove it with me as a passenger to listen for the rattles I listed said it was the first Plaid he'd seen with that many miles, and was also his first time seeing FSD beta in person.

Most of these things would be covered under warranty also but it also covers cosmetic stuff that wouldn't be covered if it weren't delivered that way. Few things on my due bill were:

Trunk wobbles a bit when opening
Interior trim gaps
Missing floor mats, etc
Charge port door wouldn't react to the button on the handle
Defect in the driver side rear window (didn't notice this until it was tinted which made it noticeable)
Defect in the back liftgate window...didn't notice this within the 100 mi limit though and sorta looks like an impact mark so not sure if that'll get replaced

Yes what @cwanja said. It was delivered to my home and they said to make a service appt before putting 100 miles on it (was delivered with 33 miles so had till 133 on the odometer) with anything that needed addressing as part of the delivery process. The first available appt for me was Nov 1st and my car was delivered Sept 24. Had my appt scheduled with my list of items and had enough time to drive cross country and back and took it to my due bill appt with over 7k miles on it.

The tech that drove it with me as a passenger to listen for the rattles I listed said it was the first Plaid he'd seen with that many miles, and was also his first time seeing FSD beta in person.

Most of these things would be covered under warranty also but it also covers cosmetic stuff that wouldn't be covered if it weren't delivered that way. Few things on my due bill were:

Trunk wobbles a bit when opening
Interior trim gaps
Missing floor mats, etc
Charge port door wouldn't react to the button on the handle
Defect in the driver side rear window (didn't notice this until it was tinted which made it noticeable)
Defect in the back liftgate window...didn't notice this within the 100 mi limit though and sorta looks like an impact mark so not sure if that'll get replaced
Sorry to hear of so many issues. Do you have photos to share on the rear window and lift gate? I wonder if it’s a common issue.

Something amiss...VIN back on 10/13 with a DD in October...I finally called Tesla today....vehicle not out of production...wtf?...DD will be pushed into December.

Based on the flyover, it seems like the entire Fremont factory was bastard lot part 2 and they've been waiting on something to complete the cars...

How did you have a VIN for a whole month and not call? 😂

Based on the flyover, it seems like the entire Fremont factory was bastard lot part 2 and they've been waiting on something to complete the cars...

How did you have a VIN for a whole month and not call? 😂
Agreed, from the flyover it seems to me that are cranking these out. Now, whether being held back for logistics, marketing, or missing pieces I have no idea, but there is a lot of stuff there. And a lot of movement at the logistics lot.
At this rate, there won’t be a blade of green grass left there!

Agreed, from the flyover it seems to me that are cranking these out. Now, whether being held back for logistics, marketing, or missing pieces I have no idea, but there is a lot of stuff there. And a lot of movement at the logistics lot.
At this rate, there won’t be a blade of green grass left there!

They are putting @Tigers titling screen.
And don't worry, there will always be plenty of grass (in Elon's office).

EDD has tightened to 11/23-11/27 with VIN. Let's see if that sticks
happy for you! now where's my dang VIN lol. at least so far no push in my EDD range. I expected a week away from the start of my range and it still being a 30 day range that it'd have pushed by now. July order with a VIN in ATL and my March order in ATL still no VIN sucks.

I'm wondering what the top reaction score of anyone on this forum is... you might be either already there, or close to it. The power of positivity, I guess!
I'm in what's probably like the top 30 or 20, but I've seen people on the investor thread that are at 50,000 or more. I believe someone has over 100,000 in one case. However, he has been there since like 2018 or 2012 or something, so he's a long time member. Thank you for the kind words man!

Sorry to hear of so many issues. Do you have photos to share on the rear window and lift gate? I wonder if it’s a common issue.
Both window defects were found after the 100 miles so I just told them about it at my appt check in. The trunk wobble would have to be a video which I don't have.

For the driver rear door window it looks like the double pane has some air between them near the edge so sorta looks like a half circle with stubby fingers at the very edge. Whole thing is maybe a few centimeters and it's in front of the rubber trim with the window closed so wouldn't see it from the inside. The rear hatch defect does sorta look like impact damage but can't imagine what that would have been. It's about the size of a dime at the very top where it hinges. Only really noticed it when I washed the car the first time.