Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While we are all aware of most of the features on the S that got lost along the way, Tesla isn't the only one making those kind of hard decisions:

Difference is, BMW (and Ford) tells you upfront AND credits you back the cost if you already had ordered with expectation of the features.

Tesla on the other hand, removes passenger lumbar support with no notice AND charges you the same price. (occurred earlier this year with the y)

(It would almost be comical if it wasnt so horrific customer service)

Last edited:
So I feel sheepish.

I figured out my autopilot issue. Please don't laugh. I THOUGHT the autopilot button was on the yoke as a capacitive touch button like everything else...and i kept mashing on it. NOPE! its the scroll wheel that needs to be clicked on to activate it. ummmm...whoops!

anywho...she's tinted and here she is! View attachment 731148View attachment 731147
Beauty. What tint %?

Difference is, BMW (and Ford) tells you upfront AND credits you back the cost if you already had ordered with expectation of the features.

Tesla on the other hand, removes passenger lumbar support with no notice AND charges you the same price. (occurred earlier this year with the y)

(It would almost be comical if it wasnt so horrific customer service)
To be fair and to play the advocate of the devil

Would you be ok with tesla charging every time they ADD a function?

So when they added the ability to stream youtube, etc...when they add functions to AP....improved audio...range, speed, etc, etc, etc, etc.....Are they allowed to charge you for these improvements if they weren't there at the time of ordering? What about after you receive the car? can they charge you then?

listen...I understand the frustration, i really do. I'm waiting on "noise cancelation" on my S. That said, I don't think it is fair to compare it to OEM because frankly, OEM doesn't give a rat's butt about updating/improving a product that you already purchased. Want the upgrade? wait till the next model year. Tesla is different. Most times, it is different in a way that benefits us...and occasionally, it is the opposite.

So when they added the ability to stream youtube, etc...when they add functions to AP....improved audio...range, speed, etc, etc, etc, etc.....Are they allowed to charge you for these improvements if they weren't there at the time of ordering? What about after you receive the car? can they charge you then?

listen...I understand the frustration, i really do. I'm waiting on "noise cancelation" on my S. That said, I don't think it is fair to compare it to OEM because frankly, OEM doesn't give a rat's butt about updating/improving a product that you already purchased. Want the upgrade? wait till the next model year. Tesla is different. Most times, it is different in a way that benefits us...and occasionally, it is the opposite.
Well said! Couldn't have put it better myself.🙏😄

Attachments

• yes-wwe.gif
    yes-wwe.gif
    2.6 MB · Views: 161
That happened to me, ended up being the front radar needed replacing. After getting it replaced I ended up getting into beta that night which put me on vision which disabled my radar... Got about an hour's use out of that new radar.

Know one other new S owner that is having similar AP issues to what I had. He's holding out hoping to get into beta soon.

Both of these is after AP started working after initial calibration.
That happened to me also. The service center reinstalled the software to fix it. Right now my display does not show traffic signals but autopilot works.

Damn you for making sense.

Did they actually say that there would be, or people just assumed that there would be based on pictures?

I don't recall them every saying there would be a passenger display.

Someone on here post a picture of the prototype of what the ambient lighting was supposed to look like and yes it looks just like the pictures on the website and yes the website used to feature it more in the text and then they just kind of hid it away somewhere.

Personally I just want the damn active road noise cancellation reduction whatever at this point.

Damn you Omar, why did you have to remind me?!!!
Just my opinion...

I always thought the tilting display was a nothing-burger. Coming from a model 3, i thought it was just fine. I saw literally no reason for the display to tilt. I never felt like i couldn't see it...or that i would at all benefit from the screen moving in any way.

Now having driven the Model S for a couple of days, i think it's an even bigger nothing burger. that center screen feels comparatively MASSIVE. I really can't see any advantage to the screen moving. Just my .02

Just my opinion...

I always thought the tilting display was a nothing-burger. Coming from a model 3, i thought it was just fine. I saw literally no reason for the display to tilt. I never felt like i couldn't see it...or that i would at all benefit from the screen moving in any way.

Now having driven the Model S for a couple of days, i think it's an even bigger nothing burger. that center screen feels comparatively MASSIVE. I really can't see any advantage to the screen moving. Just my .02
@Tigers after reading this:

mad-leonardo-de-caprio.gif

anger-angry.gif

(The Model S Delivery Update thread in the background in the second GIF).