Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I accepted delivery yesterday. My bar for rejecting the car in favor of a '22 VIN was very low. But, it was in good condition, for Tesla standards... I spent two hours going over the car following the checklists. I found pretty minor cosmetic stuff that I was assured they would correct in a follow-up service visit.

Some strange things:
- Is your instrument cluster screen kind of transparent? I can see some circuit board stuff or something behind the screen in daylight. Particularly noticeable in the "speed limit" sign. Photo below.
- I have 4 rough-cut holes in the bottom plastic trim on the right side of the car only. Looks like someone cut them with a hole saw after the car was painted. WTF is that? It was on all the cars on the lot, so I assume it wasn't a defect. Just stupid. Photo below.
- Does everyone else have two holes, one on either side, of the yoke? They look like they are melted in to the material or something. Kind of strange. Also, photo below.
- I have the airbag "worm" others reported. I assume Tesla can fix that later...
- My passenger side door takes a lot more force to close. I'm assuming it just needs to be adjusted.
- The trim pieces along the bottom edge of the windows on the right side of the car weren't secured. They just pull up. The left side was fine... Also, hopefully easy to fix.
- I had a stray thread on the drivers seat. I'll just snip it.
- I had some tiny scratches in the clear coat in two places, they said it can be fixed later. I'll document.
- I didn't get the small cargo cover for the trunk or a license plate frame. They said it would be shipped later.

Overall, pretty good delivery experience. Not as bad as my Model 3 in 2018, but not as good as my inventory P90DL in 2016...

1636643916370.png

ZsU5AnsGa_Rg7ywNK09ttBj4c7UW1UMZQCoVEFDY_VNIiLEmsw4ww7gHLVn1gCIhbQuRPc4e7Xko3xN2GinXKEX9HqXt9mPGArVw8HzJLM5QoaDxK4uoJBJW1Xflttot99BdHW__djsU1JqHInGbkhE4J7tc7RQ6Y7GF6hGh_roeNK0zOWqwPjmv6kF-u9jZgjpPwfZ-1tbs2fKLmXUgPwc16zxcQ8aC2IhK6AjBXMm_foki22b8Ws84JyCg70uv8EA4H6CpwlPd1IROIg8ToyIKNP4xVyrVWQdeSCUdYowhhVkq1MQLfqwGcL0TzF_A-exUEawiJddZk-a9xhsdAx6_KDKwX64SuKutuoeJEsUukTFuJ8lF8K9VkAz4jkLxAm1ZRXvVp7I4YIxJw5SGptP25Ta4UVKmW0A1xw_mS7UV3XpUYWP9A1OP6BNaTftG8ZNVveSrfJsvMDTdEfXZ5P0abuCWIOCZecLSE39J7_VnCqy6rulam4OMt5QB80SyjpQd6eiNgvQewwj9PYz2lKRWvmt7Soi319roLcgHDuvkk8ZbmWW88uWDJYSgo93RafRSU2zGWLxp8E21ICijOE5g2FfV6ZUIVjDZ9r6MESUIZ-mQPCS12G2WM0q1WaqSzCLd8QByNvUSF7GxGtqDuqiTU0cC3K2UXHMeMWmmawmpApJIXe7nbBHQ6aiLYpHS-Gqp0cAWQjuogO5bMl85GB8O=w2586-h1947-no

Pre5Mo-SPuTCi4-dbtWukFkG8E1i4-q2ZRyFiQ0TTrvilME7D2Kb8QbFpku9OuCRi8wTyh_hkCdg3unoQeG0o31EVT9iKUaBVp5QjVYfJxKHIuek0qvubTF23OwabR1pYhscOS3i30UqnyikVAmUuK_nzsJL0FoOFos6Dfp3QENf2d0nQHNywjQeT5eJ2HkyvK_UF3Tug_4nYwzqGjpauLQTyp0wpic3RrXYR6dCWTtSnzBae0kG98NNHUtz91qdowzgkfuZp5vc_J7l2oNAxc9_Fk96zzXU6wo7nmv8lPvPgrdKtlFJDzM9tLPZ2P00bAUbTiq0tfO8wNn9la8GQuhbqh4mbY_GricJumv7eS046v74mKFnesJFRH8aB_rwFq1qaVtSoNGYtRlhTXnSq_jX-aKEXRCzvmK3Pg0zQe4MijQmA8UAClXtFWe0hiEwBxYugjh9FC4pxICKaGILoGQyIwtrInsAxK9oyvss0HMFlGOnxe2LGRHF8fYxZQg3mIqomvU-yfJdCQBb4QJpyA6NYrnOUf2sihBh3Q2ut6c4arfm4vnY5WDcfH7Pk73zpeFRMTrfpVe2Zchd80IMQViCRwiUEvfQ7umabMYkYuCre15QbHzySHL7OkPFc5bPXGm3biMASqf9N4oZIhqAWngK5SRr2FR5GUCPu9Ei1yC_4k-RNXuoeiNt8cenn1T3gXG9hrx0e55-AdcEWr2UpZQ2=w1467-h1947-no

mnXj10EKWS-jRWn9DuA9JvITkp8d7za7C0aIsPlKzEN5uQwWiZ9zHQCs-7WEtQa-NQvRnX9nqIvaT3wRN_ZODYGFldjzSZyowmI5RaG3CJrPrKwSgLDQ6wDtNSCUiaCobnL2lHoLN3a1-9SW459FJ-Y7kiF8kpGbh0OOM8-CrLpE4AtYt9CWFzgznKgQVrDiQ8Rf0S1wK5_2C2_YP0SOhV0xD7epSKLsWkuYH8meJUB2hifm6wOM6T60sX3M1aaptrxaepe-WGNUgGKVUoMKEYVEfsagAeDDVTtOkpBdgw1unwM4nPU_FwuPS6-LupLBMBjdN7RrKtwBarwG4sKfUnW1EImZg4D8HTplGt6arU6HQ_a8XUKl0rOxE_S3Hp1U7PrGcjbKcx3EDfI6p-aLQXpGE3JCJnAT8eqLnXKm0DvrlCnG_LwZaL8issRiAoscXD4lW0tdPNnnchCYYki5m8d-rjPwDRpz_97hiASS-0jmSUwM0K08RKOwtiLCLd2MlpVLSl2Euq7nA59eQ3jgsF6btJQKr_s0WhsAv6EnV2N5dffvvVg63Rol_644Oi9qzVJONo7Ce5_huj8NFWjGeCxGndLxRYd_H3dkAdiPPrSETCiKbHq0eo3LmEy8gOfPo307mpUamdiL57DeW0vIxQAmFBsE8Jt0bogzj3oJn9D7782jP6la3nRL5ndOF57-xeqT_VkHeY3_T42XI9SCbaki=w1467-h1947-no

cOjWAHqMVVyhDfCMlWu3NW0w9BBEcxGRJCeodrd0qlBV4uXfazguddtvj3l2k72CCZFoKIg5NgMrX3WOIheMs6IOOCzsJ009Zd6Ff5f2pdPc1B1D_IXtiPqMQQxBuwfASNBlUKBgkQF8VZgkKoVH1qZDWxWsNahiIHDxSh5bmemdiqIZEWUIwjVWma6ByMUe2oJ7bTIK6foN5zV6oCYesPl-__Fh8wnTGRXqT--eLXLJekH6acAL603PQMt3YtGV2rdx2tDOPyWfmECcBXFUcNO2hD3nF70OEb3YTipcGH4yYXujveh7mjXeE0SUAoGYpeAvxRSzIgU1n8IL4wlHZfdzoh-Z-4uz2fHdad7APnZ9Zo7FokkNKd5j2lOhvTJpiAaHgJWljYdxP0iNqqgAzvYWNkbgyZPdB8zA3KrUTZJH_PfaIUby6z34-7ynZMEA2Ld2IuWjjlMNaTLqVx18pMxUTOHlwKyP5R0fvuz4Y5kMVgULcZJJTZTzfAN6wnU4ttT8HK2FMqwoXAHkCFoRDgRgihBX_a7bLYeiG3N7aGRpixgtXJhhubiVTWrbNcm8TBILbMWWxpCLL88PiNAl04irvl5VO3hn5U9iID36BAr0UwBMZ5I-KCBtZlHO_TensH0KwNdu8QB4S25rC-fi19WE3DB9bumdDHi2U7xKkC6MQ6HjrnYQW7kFq9rktJW7EIQepqRjPNUkDAl167Hvxtbh=w2586-h1947-no

@cwanja Ha! I took note...but @Jacopo is an LR and maybe NJ delivery (but could be Mt Kisco if north jersey)...so unsure it's a leading indicator for me.

Regardless, my EDD narrowed on Monday and has held for four days...so at least for another week I'll say that "no Gnus is good Gnus!" Right, @IamGaryGnu ?
I'll keep you updated. I am assuming that delivery will be in Paramus, NJ

- I have the airbag "worm" others reported. I assume Tesla can fix that later...
- My passenger side door takes a lot more force to close. I'm assuming it just needs to be adjusted.
The airbag worm is not a defect. they aren't going to do anything about it.

My passenger side door also takes additional force to close, but the panel gaps all line up, so I don't know if having them correct it will make me happier.

The airbag worm is not a defect. they aren't going to do anything about it.

My passenger side door also takes additional force to close, but the panel gaps all line up, so I don't know if having them correct it will make me happier.
hmm. hopefully not?

My passenger side door is slightly misaligned, so hopefully they can adjust it. They should also be able to move the latch outwards slightly to reduce the force required to shut the door.

Because that's not really the circumstance. The airbag assembly wasn't re-installed correctly after service and it fell into his lap. It doesn't deploy like the hair trigger on a rifle. Had it fallen into his lap and he got into a front end accident at the same time, well yes.... otherwise no danger.
No danger? Really? Think about this..........it falls into your lap face down and you get into a front end collision and the airbag deploys, if you survive the deployment, will your voice ever come down three octaves to it's original frequency?

Can one of you plaid people tell me which of these two spoiler designs matches the car best (aka, which one does the OEM spolier look like)?

Is it the "wet" super shiny one or the other?

Also - the car does NOT come with all weather floormats, right?
The matte one would be closer. but it does look a little bit different than the OEM ones

Attachments

• IMG_4982.jpeg
    IMG_4982.jpeg
    401.5 KB · Views: 57
- Is your instrument cluster screen kind of transparent? I can see some circuit board stuff or something behind the screen in daylight. Particularly noticeable in the "speed limit" sign. Photo below.
- I have 4 rough-cut holes in the bottom plastic trim on the right side of the car only. Looks like someone cut them with a hole saw after the car was painted. WTF is that? It was on all the cars on the lot, so I assume it wasn't a defect. Just stupid. Photo below.
- Does everyone else have two holes, one on either side, of the yoke? They look like they are melted in to the material or something. Kind of strange. Also, photo below.
Replace. Someone else posted about this as well.
Replace.
Investigate. Might be a replacement. I think @sam3194 reported the same at one point. Good 'ol Sam.

Can one of you plaid people tell me which of these two spoiler designs matches the car best (aka, which one does the OEM spolier look like)?

Is it the "wet" super shiny one or the other?

Also - the car does NOT come with all weather floormats, right?
Tigers, I actually ordered the kinda M3 style one in matte from them. The first one they sent was a little damaged, so I asked them to send a replacement, which they did. I'm in the process of spraying the damaged once which I've managed to patch up in gloss black as I wasn't crazy about the look of the matte carbon fiber when I put it on just to test. Below are a couple of snaps of that one. Will make a decision on which one to put on tomorrow when I pick the car up from PPF, Ceramic and Tinting (also going to leave off the chrome T)

Attachments

• BA300092-78B0-4927-95B8-E92FA3EA0B08.jpeg
    BA300092-78B0-4927-95B8-E92FA3EA0B08.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 59
  • F35E17A4-B031-4A68-8034-C8F4909BDA03.jpeg
    F35E17A4-B031-4A68-8034-C8F4909BDA03.jpeg
    962.3 KB · Views: 61
Tigers, I actually ordered the kinda M3 style one in matte from them. The first one they sent was a little damaged, so I asked them to send a replacement, which they did. I'm in the process of spraying the damaged once which I've managed to patch up in gloss black as I wasn't crazy about the look of the matte carbon fiber when I put it on just to test. Below are a couple of snaps of that one. Will make a decision on which one to put on tomorrow when I pick the car up from PPF, Ceramic and Tinting (also going to leave off the chrome T)

Thank you.

I decided to get my car PPFd (front end stuff only), paint correction, windows tinted and they threw on the ceramic coating for free as a returning customer. So Im going to get that done first (itll be EOM) and then Ill stick the matte regular looking spoiler on there.

I'm having the chrome T's blacked out. hate that they left those chrome, so uggs.

No danger? Really? Think about this..........it falls into your lap face down and you get into a front end collision and the airbag deploys, if you survive the deployment, will your voice ever come down three octaves to it's original frequency?
Ok, first let’s assume there is a non zero chance of that happening simultaneously. in a front end accident the airbag is compelled to stay in place, but ok I’ll assume the driver accelerates and the airbag falls into his lap and then for some reason crashed into something. The airbag module is fairly light, much lighter than the occupant that it’s pressing against. As it deploys with the bag against the driver the back of it will travel upwards and away from the occupants likely lodging between the yoke windshield and the occupants. It’s an rapidly expanding balloon

Ok, first let’s assume there is a non zero chance of that happening simultaneously. in a front end accident the airbag is compelled to stay in place, but ok I’ll assume the driver accelerates and the airbag falls into his lap and then for some reason crashed into something. The airbag module is fairly light, much lighter than the occupant that it’s pressing against. As it deploys with the bag against the driver the back of it will travel upwards and away from the occupants likely lodging between the yoke windshield and the occupants. It’s an rapidly expanding balloon
I guess the humor flew right over his head along with the air bag?