Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A good thing to remember though, is there's much more to performance than 0-60. Way more. On that front only I agree with you, as I could see a 1.90 for the Roadster and not much more. But after that will be a world of difference. It will likely pull the Plaid almost as hard as the Plaid pulls a Taycan. And yeah I hope pricing can stay the same. That would be amazing if they can pull that off, as I that alone would drive it up by then.

Yeah for range, it's a balance thing. They could probably get 800 miles out of a 200kWh pack, but then it would be a pig, and that's really bad for the track. So they could brush 700 miles with a much smaller pack at around 150kWh, save weight, and also actually help the range with that weight decrease alone. Should be a totally groundbreaking car!

True, regardless the price delta is flat out dumb. Of course when they announced it 4 years ago LOL, things were a bit different. Also of course, they didnt give us the Plaid they hyped up either.

I just do not think what they deliver finally will be anything at all like what they showed in 2017. Specs/range/looks/price will all be different. The car is also going to be 4-5 years late. I just hope they re-evaluate it.

In terms of performance yes, but the Roadster is going to be smaller, lighter and should come with a more "sport-tuned" suspension. Along with drivetrain improvements, the structural battery, and 4680s, don't think they will need anything more than 125kW to get the car to 600 miles of range by the time it rolls around in 2-3 years. I just ask if these variables are true, what would the need be to justify a crazy ass $200k base price? Why not move it a little further down, still make a *sugar* ton of cash and sell one to all of these Plaid buyers?

I know it’s late on Sunday and we are all going to bed early so we may welcome the work week with energy and enthusiasm, but I have to ask. How many of us have or are going to put down the $50,000.00 to reserve a Roadster? I can’t believe that I’m actually thinking about it. I believe it must be the ”Plaid Syndrome“ that has gotten to me. Just curious what everyone else is thinking.

I'll buy it as soon as it comes out, but I won't put up a $50k deposit. I'll keep my money in the market. That's worked out really well for me since the Roadster was announced in 2017.

True, regardless the price delta is flat out dumb. Of course when they announced it 4 years ago LOL, things were a bit different. Also of course, they didnt give us the Plaid they hyped up either.

I just do not think what they deliver finally will be anything at all like what they showed in 2017. Specs/range/looks/price will all be different. The car is also going to be 4-5 years late. I just hope they re-evaluate it.

In terms of performance yes, but the Roadster is going to be smaller, lighter and should come with a more "sport-tuned" suspension. Along with drivetrain improvements, the structural battery, and 4680s, don't think they will need anything more than 125kW to get the car to 600 miles of range by the time it rolls around in 2-3 years.
Woah I love that battery size prediction! This would make the car super light!!! Yeah man like a 135kWh, nearly 700 miles, and like 4000 pounds!! Sign me up!!!!!
And I agree totally. The car is going to be different in every way, but I think better in every way. Looking at how far Tesla has come in a few years, the longer the Roadster is in development, the better!

Taking delivery at the Charlotte NC center in a couple hours. MSLR White/White. Will the dealer remove the front license plate or should I not even bother to ask?

Also, headed for PPF and window tint tomorrow morning (20%). My shop uses XPEL. I thought about going with XPEL stealth but not sure how that will look on white. Also the guy at the shop said he thinks ultimate will look better (on a white car). If it was black or grey he would do stealth. Any thoughts?

Hopefully by the time the Roadster is out in 2024 or 2025, they reconsider the pricing. $50-60k more than a Plaid Model S is just stupid for the base model. It's likely to do 0-60 is .1 or .2 seconds faster, at most. By then, I would expect the price of the Plaid to be $100k or less.

Also, would be crazy if they could get something like 750 miles of range or something out of this thing. Needs a mostly CF body or something to justify that kind of price for what is essentially a smaller Plaid Model S.
You think the plaid will be less than 100k in 2 years with the way inflation is out of control? It'll probably be 150k

I called last Monday to change delivery location from Georgia to Tennessee because it’s an easier drive. They said to call back the next day because it should be in Birmingham early enough to handle the switch and still deliver the same day.

I called the next day and was told it had already been loaded on the truck to Atlanta. Cool. I’ll get it in 9 days. Still excited. Just got a call that it is delayed and I can’t get it until November 27th. No explanation. I asked about condition. they said it was logistics only. A trucking issue.

Taking delivery at the Charlotte NC center in a couple hours. MSLR White/White. Will the dealer remove the front license plate or should I not even bother to ask?

Also, headed for PPF and window tint tomorrow morning (20%). My shop uses XPEL. I thought about going with XPEL stealth but not sure how that will look on white. Also the guy at the shop said he thinks ultimate will look better (on a white car). If it was black or grey he would do stealth. Any thoughts?
No, they won't remove the front plate mount. I asked. I removed it the second day using 30 lb fishing line from dick's sporting goods for $4. A little bit of heat gun to help soften up the tape, or just leave it parked in the sun for an hour or two.

I called last Monday to change delivery location from Georgia to Tennessee because it’s an easier drive. They said to call back the next day because it should be in Birmingham early enough to handle the switch and still deliver the same day.

I called the next day and was told it had already been loaded on the truck to Atlanta. Cool. I’ll get it in 9 days. Still excited. Just got a call that it is delayed and I can’t get it until November 27th. No explanation. I asked about condition. they said it was logistics only. A trucking issue.
Wonder if you are caught up in the firmware hold that has been circulating.

Looks amazing, can you share a URL for the spoiler? Thanks!
<2022 Fit FOR Tesla Model S 4D Sedan DTO Style Trunk Spoiler P85D Matte Carbon | eBay>
IMG_20211112_214708_692.jpg

Attachments

• 20211115_113308.jpg
    20211115_113308.jpg
    667.8 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Sorry for posting this here, and not in a separate thread, but the input fro
Question for the group: my lease on my 75D, done through Tesla, is coming to its end next month. I looked at Carvana, et al, for options to sell the car instead of returning it. My offers exceed my lease buy-out by a few thousand dollars. One benefit is that I have a large scrape on my rear bumper that I would not have to repair (estimate of about $1,000).

Apparently, at least according to Carvana, Tesla does not allow 3rd party buy-outs. I guess it seems that I would need to buy the car myself and then sell it. That is a significant chunk of change. I certainly do not have that much on hand.

What are my options here? Do I get a loan? Is there a simplified way of managing this? I guess if I do buy the car, I could even sell it privately for even more. The used car market is hot.
m here has been awesome.
Question for the group: my lease, through Tesla, is coming to its end next month. I looked at Carvana, et al, for options to sell the car instead of returning it. My offers exceed my lease buy-out by a few thousand dollars. An additional benefit is that I have a large scrape on my rear bumper that I would not have to repair (estimate of about $1,000).

Apparently, at least according to Carvana, Tesla does not allow 3rd party buy-outs. I guess it seems that I would need to buy the car myself and then sell it. That is a significant chunk of change. I certainly do not have that much on hand.

What are my options here? Do I get a loan? Is there a simplified way of managing this? I guess if I do buy the car, I could even sell it privately for even more. The used car market is hot. I am just not sure if I want to go through the effort.
Additionally, the Tesla lease end terms do allow you to buy the car or sell it to a dealer of which, I believe, Carvana is and therefore you could sell it to them. You're within the time to start the car return in your my tesla account. When you log in this will be one of the available options to you.

@Statix Ultimate

Don't bother asking, Tesla will not remove the front license plate. I have always removed mine with heat instead of the fishing line trick. Remove the outer cover and use a heat gun to warm the plastic base. Takes a while to heat all the way through the plastic base but IMO less chance of paint damage. Don't aim the heat toward the paint, just the inside of the bracket 'honeycomb'. Once thoroughly warm you can pull from the underside and lift it away.

I would go with Ultimate over white without hesitation.

Last edited: