Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You could have a plaid in 2 weeks if you could sell the LR for enough for it to make sense.
No, I have zero cash to provide right now. I was thinking along the lines of selling it for 120k (Again, desperate impatient buyer), and then saving for the next year while I wait for the upgrade. It was mostly me trolling my wife. She trolled me right back by suggesting I sell it, then save for a few years and buy another LR for cash. 🤣

Is anyone else seeing their delivery date pushed back farther? I ordered a long range S, gray with 21" wheels back in May '21. Originally Sept delivery, then October, November, but the last three weeks was Dec 10th-30th. I checked this morning and delivery is now Feb 6th-Mar 6th. I feel like others are getting theirs before me.
Ordered my LR with 19's/white/white NO fsd early June. For at least the last 4-5 weeks, I've been steady at this:
Estimated Delivery: December 13 - January 02

But perhaps they can address the relative deficiencies in the Plaid as far as handling and breaking are concerned in the base Roadster to justify the price delta?
Hopefully. I think they need to go with a smaller battery to reduce weight and improve handling. 600 mile range is stupid. Drop it to 300 and cut the weight. I don't care about supercharging more often.

Reactions: impastu
Got tapped to go to the grocery store. Of course, I drove the MS, whilst the wife's S class remained immobile as it has for the last month, but I digress...

Holy crap, the prices have like doubled! No wonder Elon is tweeting about inflation...

Considering EDD's today for Plaid in any combo but white seats are 6 weeks, has anyone thought about getting a plaid and flipping it in say six months?

If there are defects that cannot be resolved sell. If it is perfect, maybe keep it.

I'm thinking of making another reservation, can only loose the fee...

No, I have zero cash to provide right now. I was thinking along the lines of selling it for 120k (Again, desperate impatient buyer), and then saving for the next year while I wait for the upgrade. It was mostly me trolling my wife. She trolled me right back by suggesting I sell it, then save for a few years and buy another LR for cash. 🤣
I understand lol. I am going to list mine once I receive it for along those lines. No intention to sell, but if someone wants to pay it I guess ill deal with not having a Tesla again

This looks like will turn into a two-party exchange between you and I. Tesla started the return process for you. There is a dedicated line for lease. They always answer. They will stop that and allow you to star another request, The Service Center unlikely to be helpful.
Turns out, it looks like the system locked up because I requested a quote to buy out the lease. The offer expires on 11/30, so I can either wait until then, or I can cancel it. The only problem is that I can't get through. Does anyone have the dedicated lease line to which you refer?

Never mind. I found the "cancel" button and my quote was terminated. For a pretty smart guy, and can sometimes be a bit stupid

Yeah I told my wife I might be able to leverage the value of my MSLR into a profitable sale to the impatient, and bridge that gap to a Plaid.

Just kidding. Going a year and a half without my MS would kill me.
not sure if you took a value hit with that bumper damage you had fixed. i know the rear impact i took stopped at a light hurt my benz resale, one of the reasons i was vacillating between a lease and purchase of the S. At least I don't have to decide any time soon....

I understand lol. I am going to list mine once I receive it for along those lines. No intention to sell, but if someone wants to pay it I guess ill deal with not having a Tesla again
I ordered a Y for my wife, which at this rate is almost questionable if it will come before my MS (and will it have USB-C chargers? the big question...) - i figure the way these things hold value, i can flip the Y (or even the S) if so inclined. I truly feel the shortages and economy are going to get a LOT worse before they get better, and i think car prices will drop, but that may take 1 to 2 years.
if my wife doesn't really like the Y that much (she was alright with it) we can either buy her SUV at the end of the lease in August, or get her something else, and I'd either keep the Y, the S, both, or neither!
Anyway, the fact that "nimble tesla" is leaving out chargers because of the shortage tells me it is going to get very ugly. if there was any viable way around it, they would have done it in my mind.

I called last Monday to change delivery location from Georgia to Tennessee because it’s an easier drive. They said to call back the next day because it should be in Birmingham early enough to handle the switch and still deliver the same day.

I called the next day and was told it had already been loaded on the truck to Atlanta. Cool. I’ll get it in 9 days. Still excited. Just got a call that it is delayed and I can’t get it until November 27th. No explanation. I asked about condition. they said it was logistics only. A trucking issue.
I had the same conversation today. Said it was logistics. I was 19-23, pushed to 22-28. When I called they said I could make an appointment for the 27th. I am in TX.

not sure if you took a value hit with that bumper damage you had fixed. i know the rear impact i took stopped at a light hurt my benz resale, one of the reasons i was vacillating between a lease and purchase of the S. At least I don't have to decide any time soon....
I have the video of how slow the impact was, and I will have the receipts for proof that the scratches from said impact resulted in a brand new bumper and proper repair. I think a reasonable person would be satisfied it wasn't something that permanently reduced the vehicles performance or appearance.

And this is all hypothetical anyhow. I really love my car.

There's no way to speed up updates right? I still haven't gotten the sentry mode live access update to my car, they just roll our somewhat randomly?
Unfortunately that's the reality. I haven't gotten my update either. I have a balcony on the third floor of my work area, where I can oversee the parking lot. I'm so excited to troll the AMG C63 driver when he walks past my car to get to his.

"Hey! AMG! Why you so loud and slow?"

Alright who's ready to see a million+ dollar Porsche (and the previous 0-60 record holder) get annihaliated by a family sedan!!!!!!!
Not surprising with only 1 ICE vehicle left to knock off the pedestal... it should fall soon when the track package is available. ;)

Here we’ve gathered together the 25 fastest 0-60 production cars of all time.
Keep in mind that our list of the fastest 0-60 cars is exclusive to street-legal cars, which are also considered production vehicles.

9f752c2ed7a13954 800x800ar
0x0 ModelS 01
PCNA20 0707

Koenigsegg Gemera – 1.9 seconds

The Koenigsegg Gemera is the world’s quickest production car that hits the 0-60 mph mark within 1.9 seconds. It’s the very first four-seater by Koenigsegg and the world’s first Mega-GT that weighs 4,079 pounds. It’s a hybrid car that comes with a 2.0 L TFG twin-turbocharged I3 with 3 electric motors and offers 442 pound-feet of torque and 600 hp. When combined with an electric system, it offers 1700 hp with 2581 pound-feet of torque.

Tesla Model S Plaid – 1.98 seconds

Tesla Model S Plaid is also one of the fastest cars zero-60 mph, and it comes with Tesla’s very first tri-motor drivetrain. It weighs 4,816 pounds, offers 1,020 horsepower, and generates 1,050 pound-feet of combined torque. It’s a fully electric car and comes with the quickest acceleration and the longest range of all the in-production electric cars.

Porsche 918 Spyder – 2.1 seconds

Porsche 918 Spyder is known as the very first hybrid hypercar that comes with a 4.6-liter DOHC 32-valve V8 engine. It delivers 887 horsepower and 944 pound-feet of torque combined that allows it to reach 0-60 mph in 2.1 seconds. It makes it one of the cards with the fastest 0-60.

Last edited:
Not surprising with only 1 ICE vehicle left to knock off the pedestal... it should fall soon with the track pack. ;)

Yeah that one will be really hard. The Gemera will run like mid 8s. Something the Roadster will take care of. :)